Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Brrr!

sleeplessinftwayne
13 years ago

I keep glancing out the window at the 14 inches of snow on top of the Skippy, wondering why, after 20+ years in Wisconsin, I am so reluctant to go outside and enjoy the 0oF weather. Funny that I used to go out in this kind of weather with only a down vest over my regular clothes and could spend half an hour before starting to chill. That started to change when I came down with Fibromyalgia but when the sun was out and I was warm, I still loved the ice and snow.

This is the first house in twenty four years where we don't have a fire place. I miss it, wood cutting and all.

The blizzards seem to be over for now but it didn't seem to be that bad to us. Of course people here really aren't that used to extreme snow but I swear I remember snow above my knees and black ice when we lived here before. Having lived in Texas and seeing the response there to less than an inch of snow I wonder what it was like this time around. You need a sense of humor to be a Texan.

I've decided I wouldn't like to live in any city that has exploding manhole covers. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/04/us-weather-manholes-idUSTRE71374I20110204. Then there was the 1935 article about the poor half frozen reptile meeting up with the young Italians and their snow shovels.

www.sewergator.com/news/nyt19350210.htm. Despite the disclaimer of the author, stranger things have happened in New York.

I'm sure there are many other interesting and amusing articles to be found. What is your favorite?

Comment (1)