Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

I just know our southern ponders love this!

sheepco
17 years ago

When we northerners moan about the weather...

We started it on another thread...

"...hey sarah, do they issue cold advisories there? we have one through tuesday, but i'm thinking: it must be so commonplace in minnesota that people would laugh..."

"Yep, we're under a windchill advisory 'til noon Monday. It was -19F at 7:30 this morning, with the windchill - felt like 45 below.

And we don't laugh, they're cancelling outdoor events like crazy. Now why anyone would want to jog - eewwww - around a frozen lake, at night, in February is way beyond my comprehension, even if it is by candlelight. And can you imagine 5000 little Boy and Girl Sprouts at the annual ice fishing derby? All hunched over tiny holes on the windswept lake frozen like little ice cubes?

Probably too much information for ya, huh?"

"yep, and to think the international wolf center is sponsoring dog sledding this weekend or next."

"I bet the dogs love it though! No worries, it's supposed to be up to a high of 13 above next weekend!

Can't believe I've lived here all my life and never been there, sheeesh...gotta add it to the list...up at the top.

Ya know, if I won the lottery (if I played the lottery), I could work when I want and DO the list!

Ok, my brain is frozen and I'm rambling..."

So.. "IS IT COLD ENOUGH FOR YA?"

Canadians, feel free to chime in, and I know the southwest US has been unusually cold :)

Comments (4)