Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
horton_gw

Has anyone heard from......

horton
18 years ago

.....the old goat keeper Kirap, since Katrina hit?

I know this has been asked before but I do not recall reading anything about his situation or welfare. Maybe I missed something?

"Horton"

Comments (38)

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

I do remember this thread where he mentions he got very little damage from Katrina.

• horton
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you Semper, I obviously did not read that thread.
    I'm glad to read he is, or at least was, safe and sound back in September, maybe we will hear something from him in the spring.
    I miss his humourous stories.
    Thanks again,
    "Horton"

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Has anyone heard from Poo3? She was a hoot to have around the forums. I thought of her today when my better half had forwarded this story to me.

Pretty dang funny, no?

• youreit
    18 years ago

I haven't seen Tri-Poo, but if this doesn't smoke her out, nothing will!

Thanks so much for the smiles, Mark from Ark!

Brenda

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

That story link was really neat!

I have to wonder what the outcome was, however. The posting date on that was 11/11/2005, and it said the lady planned to release the squirrel back into the wild once it reached adulthood, however it looked to me like that squirrel was becoming WAY too domesticated and WAY too friendly with dogs to EVER be safe living in "the wild."

My guess is one day out in "the wild" and that would be one dead squirrel... On the other hand, they make pretty amazing housepets (I've seen it firsthand), so I hope that's what happened.

And I hope we hear from Kirap and Triple-Poo soon, too!
    Jeff

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo...echo echo echo echo....
    Hey you bunch of clowns! (((hugs))) How great to check in and find some love!
    Now Semper, are you calling me squirrely? lol

• youreit
    17 years ago

WB, 'Poo!! A month response time is pretty good. :D

How have you been??

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Hi, Brenda! I've been enjoying the grandkids. They are living near me now. The new baby is due May 30th and my son that is in Iraq will be home on leave, sooooooooo...
    I'm doing GREAT!!! I'm about to be cubed!!! hee hee
    I really have missed talking and playing games with all of you. :)
    I can't link to Semper's story.
    Semper, Maybe if you read this, you can post another link. :)

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

...nevermind...I tried it again and I was able to access it.
    What a cute story! :)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hi poo! (((((((W)))))))))))

semper is the mia, now.

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

"Mia", that is a nice name, but I still, I prefered Semper.;-).
    Why did he change his name?
    Was he drummed out of the Corps?
    Is he no longer of the Jughead [is that what they call them?] Fraternity?
    The RCG could use a good man, don't delay, apply to-day Mia! We will never mention anything about the new cute name, honest!
    Mogali, Adj,RCG, MoMI and MSP.

• youreit
    17 years ago

I'm SO glad your son will be home to visit from Iraq soon, 'Poo!! DH & I send many thanks to him!

Mia Semper? Sounds like a song by Ricky Martin. :D

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

lol! well if that doesn't talk semper up nothing will! o' sol la mia.....

• pondmaninfl
    17 years ago

Horton. Oh never mind. You're old enough to be senile. :o)

G'day,
    Scott

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Senile!!?? Why all these name changes all of a sudden?
    I used to love that singing duo, "Captain and Senile", but I'll just stick with Horton if you don't mind!

Correction, I think it is "Leatherbacks" not "Jugheads".
    Sorry 'bout that Mia [I'm still having trouble with that new name!];-)
    "Horton"

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL @ Captain and Senile! Ahhh, Muskrat Love Will Keep Us Together. Good times.

Has anyone heard from my psychotherapist?

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

My friend Semper is a little busy now with spring stuff as are many other MIAs.

MIA C3D :-)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hi, chicka!

hey brenda, he skipped town after realizing everything was a lost cause (and afraid i was going to show up on his patient list)

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Now there's two of them! Mia Semper and Mia Chickawhatshernameperson. It's an epidemic fersure!

Brenda Bombshell,You don't need that psychotherapist? If you get cured you will never understand the rest of us!

Remember that Bobby Vinton song, "Mia sips her Pepsi Cola"?
    "Horton"

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

I love it!!! Everyone is still crazy.
    I figure mia Semper is off mountain biking in the miaountains.
    Hello Fairy!!! I'm still trying to grow cilantro!!! hee hee. I did some research and found that there are two types. The kind I need is the one that doesn't grow quickly and then bolt. It's so hot here, it bolts in about 3 weeks. :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

That's cheating, Chickamiamiamia! No posting and running off! :D

Wow, I never thought of therapy quite that way, Horton Howzit! I've fired my therapist and will put the money I've saved toward a golden oldies boxed set of #1 hits (or maybe #2 *sniff*), including -

Mamma Mia - ABBA
    Mia Way - Mr. Sinatra
    Miachelle - The Beatles
    Mia Ding-A-Ling - Chuck Berry
    Mia and Bobby McGeeia - Janis Joplin

Maybe I just need to up my dosage.

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

lol poo. i forgot you have it hotter down there- momma mia!

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Then there was that Italian woman who lived next door to your Momma Mia FTM,.... Mia Culpa,the poor guilt ridden soul!

And the other unfortunate woman that was ploughed over by a farmer tractor... Mia Furrow!
    "Horton"

• sheepco
    17 years ago

This thread is EXACTLY why I love this forum! Of course all the great information I get here endears me to it too :)

Wonderful, creative people that actually care about each other, even though most have never met!

You've made my day :) .........don't get out much do I??

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Kirap, how's it going?

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

LOL! Sorry... but the only MIA I know is a M16A2 seMIAutomatic service rifle.

Poo3, great to see you around again. We thought you just jumped into your MIAta and ran off to MIAmi while listening to BoheMIAn Rhapsody.

-Leatherhead

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Hey miaSemper! Good to hear you're still up to your usual fun and games! Love Bohemian Rhapsody! My soldier boy and I sing it all the time.
    How did last weeks bad weather affect you? Looked like rough stuff passed thru your neck of the woods.

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mia word Semper, good to see you're back on track.
    I thought a leatherhead was the fancy printing on the top of company stationary!!!???
    This is all becoming soooo confusing!
    Any medication that you don't need Brenda, mia need it.
    "Horton"

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

No Horton, "company stationary" is a command given to make a bunch of leatherheads be still.
    ...mia still got it!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Wait, I thought leatherheads were turtles. Can I put a leatherhead in my pond? If so, will he eat all of my fish and/or herons and stray cats? What about frogs? Yeah, what about frogs?! Hmmmm....

As 'Poo said, Horton, she's got it. :D

Brenda

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Grandmapoo, yous has it, yes yous has, fersure!
    I spelled it incorrectly. Well I didn't spell "it" incorrectly, I spelled "stationary" incorrectly, for the intended usage. Which were paper and stuff, not standing still.
    It should have been spelled "s-t-a-t-i-o-n-e-r-y".
    Well "it" should not have been spelled "s-t-a-t-i-o-n-e-r-y" just "stationary" should have been spelled "s-t-a-t-i-o-n-e-r-y".
    I hope this has cleared up any confusion.
    It has for mia.

Thanks for the miadication Brenda, the whole family loves it.
    Never seen them this quiet before!?
    "Horton"

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Then would "company station-e-r-y" be a bunch of leatherheads writing letters in unison???
    ..."Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide?
    No escape from reality"...
    momma mia, momma mia, now mia is confused!

You all will flip when you read the following:
    Just after I listened to Semper's "Bohemia Rhapsody" clip,
    my son e-mailed me a mother's day greeting with a few lines of the words. He would have had to been typing it, as I was listening and commenting that it was a song that we say a lot. S-T-R-A-N-G-E! :)

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mia Semper probably orchestrated the whole thing Grandmapoo.
    It's his type of skulduggery, better known as Internet Miagic!
    "Horton"

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

I believe, I believe, I believe in miagic!!!
    Love it!!!
    Now where is that Leatherhead? Just like him to do his miagic, then disappear into thin air!

Brenda, to solve all your pond problems, just go out and buy yourself a hippo. I personally enjoy elephants in my pond, but they won't eat stray cats and when they see a frog, they tend to panic and jump out of the water. :)

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Read my lips: I AM INNOCENT. Let me repeat: I am IN-NO-CENT. Not only that but also I am...

...IN-NO-NICKLE, IN-NO-DIME, and definitely IN-NO-QUARTER.

BTW, I was just browsing the subject headings on Page 1 of the Discussions forum to see if there were any interesting topics and it appears that this MIA pandemic is worrying a lot of people.

-JarNeck

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay Semper I believe you, since you are determined to cash in on not being held reponsibile for the miagic act.

I did my best, along with youra, oura, mia Brenda to quell the poster's fear, over in that particular discussions post, but I think it miata got out of hand and there will be no stopping the ponderous panic produced by the peturbing mia pandemic that is now pulsing through the posting public.

This will be mia last word on the subject for the present time, as I'm going to put mia shirt and mia tie on and have a Mia-Tia.
    Cheers!

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Mark, face it...
    You are always IN-NO-VER your head!!! :)

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Yeah, story of mia life!

-Knucklehead

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville