Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back to the Real (cold) World...

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 06 at 21:56

Yesterday when I left Mazatlan it was 85F. When we touched down in Minneapolis it was -6F. By the time I got home it was -19F...welcome home!

BUT...after my first vacation in 3 years, I feel great! Nothing like palm trees, flowers and sunshine to warm a frozen Minnesotan. I think I'll make it 'til spring!

So for all you ponders in the snowbelt...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ahhhh.....

Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back to the Real (cold) World...

*Sigh*

Sarah, did you make that picture? It's lovely.
If you don't mind, I'll have it for my computer back ground for a while...

*Sigh*

:) Mary
I'm going on vacation too, this Thursday, but, to see my dad and the sibs back home, and I just KNOW it will be cold rainy windy...
*Sigh*

o

What a gorgeous picture. Thanks for sharing from someone else in the real world.

o

Hey, it snowed at my parents' house over the weekend in zone 9 California. How much more real can it be? :D Ok, it didn't stick, and it stopped after half an hour.

Beautiful pic, Sarah! And welcome back.

Mary, visiting family will bring on a naturally warm and fuzzy feeling, so I think you'll be ok. :) Be safe, and have fun!

Brenda

o

OH GEEEEZ! SHOW OFF! :-)

*Kicking myself in my frozen arse for asking you to post pictures of the tropics in the other thread.*

So did you get to see the ruins? If so, would love to see some of THOSE pictures.

o

Just sleep all day and stay up all night, Mary... works for me :-P

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY thought AND picture, Sarah... Sure you enjoyed the trip, but that must have been a REAL shock, to the tune of 91 degrees - 13 more... ACK!

But oh to be in Minnesota in the summer -- instead of HERE!

Enjoy yourself, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.
You deserve it!
Jeff

o

Now thats culture shock! But what a gorgeous picture Sara! Yep we went from +6 C to -18 C. From a completely open pond to a frozen pond exept for a small hole in the ice. I think when I come in from the cold I will just look at your picture and it will warm me up right away. Beautiful!

o
RE: A different perspective

On the other side of the world--Sara

Received this as a forward thought it was pritty cool.

A scene you will probably never get to see in person. This
is
the sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point.

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

Saigo, that is a cool picture!

Semper, didn't see the Mayan ruins, for several reasons (mostly $$) we chose Mazatlan instead of Tulum for the trip. Maybe the ruins next time, I'm facinated by the pictures I've seen. We did do an all day country tour, up into several mountain villages. The culture and history of the Sinaloa area is so interesting, and the people were wonderful. I'd go back again!

PS: I took that picture from the balcony of our room. We had gorgeous sunsets every night.

Sarah

o

oooo, lovely pic and cool pic!!!!!!

and to think, on this last extremely cold weekend, my plans of being in northern wisconsin woods fell through. :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here