Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

Back to the Real (cold) World...

sheepco
18 years ago

Yesterday when I left Mazatlan it was 85F. When we touched down in Minneapolis it was -6F. By the time I got home it was -19F...welcome home!

BUT...after my first vacation in 3 years, I feel great! Nothing like palm trees, flowers and sunshine to warm a frozen Minnesotan. I think I'll make it 'til spring!

So for all you ponders in the snowbelt...

{{gwi:165888}}

Ahhhh.....

Sarah

Comments (9)

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

*Sigh*

Sarah, did you make that picture? It's lovely.
    If you don't mind, I'll have it for my computer back ground for a while...

*Sigh*

:) Mary
    I'm going on vacation too, this Thursday, but, to see my dad and the sibs back home, and I just KNOW it will be cold rainy windy...
    *Sigh*

• bonz
    18 years ago

What a gorgeous picture. Thanks for sharing from someone else in the real world.

• youreit
    18 years ago

Hey, it snowed at my parents' house over the weekend in zone 9 California. How much more real can it be? :D Ok, it didn't stick, and it stopped after half an hour.

Beautiful pic, Sarah! And welcome back.

Mary, visiting family will bring on a naturally warm and fuzzy feeling, so I think you'll be ok. :) Be safe, and have fun!

Brenda

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

OH GEEEEZ! SHOW OFF! :-)

*Kicking myself in my frozen arse for asking you to post pictures of the tropics in the other thread.*

So did you get to see the ruins? If so, would love to see some of THOSE pictures.

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

Just sleep all day and stay up all night, Mary... works for me :-P

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY thought AND picture, Sarah... Sure you enjoyed the trip, but that must have been a REAL shock, to the tune of 91 degrees - 13 more... ACK!

But oh to be in Minnesota in the summer -- instead of HERE!

Enjoy yourself, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.
    You deserve it!
    Jeff

• saigo
    18 years ago

Now thats culture shock! But what a gorgeous picture Sara! Yep we went from +6 C to -18 C. From a completely open pond to a frozen pond exept for a small hole in the ice. I think when I come in from the cold I will just look at your picture and it will warm me up right away. Beautiful!

• saigo
    18 years ago

On the other side of the world--Sara

Received this as a forward thought it was pritty cool.

A scene you will probably never get to see in person. This
    is
    the sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point.

{{gwi:165891}}

• sheepco
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Saigo, that is a cool picture!

Semper, didn't see the Mayan ruins, for several reasons (mostly $$) we chose Mazatlan instead of Tulum for the trip. Maybe the ruins next time, I'm facinated by the pictures I've seen. We did do an all day country tour, up into several mountain villages. The culture and history of the Sinaloa area is so interesting, and the people were wonderful. I'd go back again!

PS: I took that picture from the balcony of our room. We had gorgeous sunsets every night.

Sarah

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

oooo, lovely pic and cool pic!!!!!!

and to think, on this last extremely cold weekend, my plans of being in northern wisconsin woods fell through. :(

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21