Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Food Shelves need our Help!

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 08 at 22:31

Duh! Sometimes I forget to look outside my own little world...work, cold, chores, cold, home, cold, groceries...
heaven help me if I have to stand outside and fill the Jeep with gas.

I was talking to a client today, a local food shelf volunteer. The cold and/or snow DRASTICALLY effects donations. People forget when they are so focused on staying warm. He was in local food shelf today and said it's sadly bare..............This nice guy just stopped me in my tracks.

Please take the time to remember those in need. I know you all give so much already and our own fuel etc. costs are high, but keep the food shelves in mind, they really need us this time of year! Often it's just as easy as tossing a few cans in a box by the door at the grocery store.

Thanks for listening, Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Food Shelves need our Help!

Thanks for the reminder Sarah. The need is great at all times of the year but drives are often around the holidays which fortunately does collect much. But it does run out.

Many grocery stores have a box like that and if they don't people can ask them to do it, for a local community pantry. Non-food items are needed too like baby diapers or toiletry items.

o
RE: Food Shelves need our Help!

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 16, 08 at 9:05

The giving was down a lot this holiday season here in Cali due to the economy, so they're hurting even more now. Thanks so much for posting this, Sarah!

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here