Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back to Iraq...

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 12, 07 at 23:21

Just found out today that one of our veterinarians is going back. He's Navy, Special Forces helicopter pilot, 17 years in the reserves. He's been there 3 times already. Last time he volunteered to go 6 months spanning Christmas so others in his unit could come home for the holidays. He chose to go again now for a year because the powers that be said he'd probably get called up again anyway, and they can do that with only 72 hours notice. Apparently the Navy has been accused of not doing much to help and so are now going to step up (his words not mine). He figured the 72 hours notice thing might screw up the clinic's schedule. Besides, his 20 years are closin' in.

He's incredibly funny, and incredibly brave, or has a serious death wish...

He said he hopes we'll take him back when he comes home...I just hope he comes home.

(BTW, the boss said no problem.)

:( Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back to Iraq...

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 13, 07 at 12:31

Our thoughts will be with him always, Sarah!! What's his name (for prayer offerings)? He sounds like a toughie AND a really good guy for helping out during the holidays.

My brother, dad, and grandpa were all Navy, and I'd say they're pretty awesome in general. :D

Brenda

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 13, 07 at 15:45

Sarah, please give him a thumbs up from this old serviceman.
"Horton"

o

It is no secret that this is especially a tough time for all of our boyz overseas including the helo pilots.

Rest assured that he has no death wish. Just doing what needs to be done. :-)

His courage and great sense of humor will help him through it.

Semper Fi,
-Mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here