Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

1st Spring Lambs!!

sheepco
16 years ago

Charlotte had quadruplets at 5pm this afternoon! Photos pending!

(Herb is in heaven!)

Sarah

Comments (12)

• horton
    16 years ago

Congratulations Sarah about the lambs, but sorry to hear you lost Herb!!??;-(
    "Horton"

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Congratulations S. Congratulations Herb. Congratulations Charlotte.

WOW! Quads?!?!? Hope Mom and the lambs are doing well. :-)

C3D

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL @ Herb!!! He is such a good father figure!

I can't WAIT to see pics! *squeal*

Brenda

• comettose
    16 years ago

Can't wait to see the wee babies Sarah - will we get a big shoe too? :-)

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

PLEEEZEEE NO BOOT!!!

:)
    Presenting Chippewa River Sheep Company's 2008 Newest Line...
    {{gwi:166039}}
    {{gwi:166042}}
    {{gwi:166044}}

2 boys, 2 girls. These photos taken at 24 hours old. Small, but so far they're doing really well. I've tried to supplement them with a bottle just in case, but they all prefer mom. I prefer that too, Mother Nature's better at this than I'll ever be.
    Tonight they moved into a bigger pen where they'll stay for a couple more days to bond. The bits of color you see on their backs are marks so I can tell them apart - see who's nursing or not, sleeping too much, etc.

And what a great Mom!

:) Spring's here! Sarah

• horton
    16 years ago

Spring sprunged right enough for you Sarah.
    They are beauties!
    I'll take two of them, if you can guarantee they will stay that size, 'cause we only have a queen sized bed.

'Thinks', but maybe I could move the chickens and ducks into the livingroom.....or.....the pot bellied pig could....

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL!!! Horton, you cuddler, you!

They look so delicious!!! But not in a roasted sort of way...Ack! So soft and fuzzy...would love to nuzzle those necks! My favorite is the one curled up in both pics 1 and 2 (pic #1 - ratchet head)! Love that heart-shaped face!

*warm and fuzzies*

Brenda

• hnladue
    16 years ago

What a wonderful Easter gift!!! Like are just adorable!

• comettose
    16 years ago

How darling and snuggly!

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dolly had twins last night and Flossie had a baby girl this evening. I'll get more pix for you wannabe shepherds tomorrow! Meanwhile we finally got a dump load of snow, 10" today, but it's slushy and wet and will be gone in a week.

Yup, spring's here! S

• comettose
    16 years ago

That little one against the wall is the cutest. I always love the runts. It had better get up to eat. Do you have problems with 4 at a time with the stronger ones pushing the little ones out?

• youreit
    16 years ago

That's my favorite, too, CT!

I was thinking of you and your flock, Sarah, when I read this article in National Geographic which I mentioned in another post about animal intelligence. I love sheep!!!

"Tell sheep they all look alike, and they may beg to differ. Like primates, sheep, in studies, recognize different faces (about 50 other sheep and 10 humans) and still know them two years later. They are calmed by familiar faces and can tell both happy and angry expressions (they prefer the former). These are sophisticated abilities in an animal not widely known for smarts, says Babraham Institute's Keith Kendrick. How the sheep brain encodes facial identity and emotional cues may be relevant in some human disorders, he says."

Brenda

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus