Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

Congradulations! Brenda's a Mom!

sheepco
16 years ago

Thought you were gonna squeak that cute face in on another post? Even if it's DH's fault, she's cute as a bug!

{{gwi:166053}}

Comments (29)

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL!! Oh, she IS delicious, no doubt about that. But yes, she's already showing her Aussie colours by being semi-destructive. She minds me as well as any puppy should and already understands the word "no" as a toddler would understand "Mama". :D

I posted the cutest pic of her I could find, since she tends to look like a Tazmanian devil when she opens her mouth and shows her glistening white fangs. LOL Oh, and she's double the size she was in that pic, taken about 2 weeks ago or so.

She only barks when she sees "Dad" walking out to the truck (because that usually means she gets to go bye-bye!), or when she's tempted to cuddle/chew on kitty. The latter is usually followed closely by a smack from Pookie, sometimes a yelp from puppy, and almost always by a roll/crawl on the floor that shows she's not worthy of kitty....which we all know to be true, whether we like it or not. :D

"Roscoe" was some childhood pet or something from hubby's past....but Roscoe #1 was obviously a boy. I suggested he name her after his first girlfriend, at the very least. Nope. I'm rather fond of "Hermione", but she runs too fast for a 4-syllable name. Maybe just "Her". LOL

Thanks for the congrats, Sarah! Your posts really helped cheer me up over this whole puppy thing. Our house now looks like we have a toddler living amongst us. I bet lambikins don't bite, either....

Petsarerelaxingpetsarerelaxingpetsarerelaxing X 26....LOL

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

OY! Brenda! Congrats!

Lookie at that sweet little fuzzy face. I don't think Pookie's head would fit in that little mouth ...yet. Mmmmmmm. Little pointy teeth. Oooooo puppy breath! Little ultra soft pads on the fuzzy polka dotted feet. LOL @ her casual pose with her foot out to the side. :-)

I bet she'd love meeting Sarah's lambykins and Herb.I do hope DH is busying himself setting up the Roscoe Cam. (tapping fingers here impatiently...)

Puppies are *wonderful*! Great job, Mr. Youreit. Well done!

Pets are relaxing. :-)

C3D

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL @ the casual pose, too!! She's like, ohmigod, I'm like SO delicious right now, they can't even like STAND it. LOL Thanks for the awesome post, Chicka!

One thing that totally fascinates me about her is that chocolate lab patch on her front leg. It's almost like a genealogic stamp of her family tree. :D

She was a big hit at the grandson's (3 years old today!) birthday party yesterday. Every single person commented on how delicious...er, pretty...she is. I can only hope that she is as helpful in the garden some day as Daisy is now. NOT!! LOL No, she's not allowed in the "garden". *sniff*

Oh, and she has a squeaky toy now! *head throbbing* Make it stop!!! LOL

Brenda

• comettose
    15 years ago

What a cutie-pie!

Congrats Mom. Watch for signs of post-partum de-digum, de-chewum, and de-poopum:-) What kind of dog? You said Aussie background - does that mean Australian cattle dog? Love the coat colors!

• youreit
    15 years ago

Thanks, CT! Yes, I'm fairly sure she has cattle dog on her dad's side. At first, I thought maybe Aussie shepherd, but she just doesn't have that coloring, it seems. Her mom is definitely a chocolate lab.

The PP de-chewum might be improving slightly, and she definitely knows "NO!" paired with my hand slapping my leg. Then a "good girl" when she minds. She loves getting up into the back window area of the car, but she won't be able to fit up there much longer. LOL

She comes to me now when she wants quiet time - tummy or chest rubs and no biting. I forgot how wonderful it is to have a dog as a pet! But I haven't told Pookie the kitty that yet. :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Brenda? Any new baby pictures you can share with us?
    PLEASE?!

• youreit
    15 years ago

LOL! I bought batteries for the camera, so I'll go Roscetta hunting today. Trying to sneak up on her for a pic is real fun. Any time I even GLANCE in her direction, she's all over me like stink on poop. :D

Stay tuned for images of Shezilla.

Brenda

• youreit
    15 years ago

Okey dokey!

She actually sat still for this one. I thought something might be wrong with her. LOL

{{gwi:166055}}

Then, she decided I needed a stick (don't we all?). Ok, she's not ill, after all. Check out the gams on that dame!

{{gwi:166057}}

So, I guess the other stick wasn't big enough. The angle of this picture says it all....pure puppy madness. Hold STILL, mishugenah! LOL

{{gwi:166059}}

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look how much she's changed in just a few days! Are you spiking her food with Miracle Grow?

Oh yes, Brenda. I see Gardening Helper written all over her! She's already started tidying up. :-)

*LOVE* that last photo the best! An action shot at puppy level. Hope she didn't whack you too hard with her stick. Still waiting for Mr. Youreit to finish setting up the RoscoeCam.

Thanks sooo much for the puppy fix!

C3D

• sheepco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hmmmmm.......looks like that tail could clear a coffee table in one swipe :)
    I agree with Chicka, definately a garden helper in the making!

Sarah

• youreit
    15 years ago

Yes, I've been sprinkling her food with fertilizer granules, Chicka. She wouldn't touch it when I poured on fish emulsion. LOL

In true dar-dog fashion, instead of whacking ME with the stick (I'm big and can take the pain...), she whacked it on the ground, sending the end of it down her throat and gagging herself. *HOY, whimper* DAR! I keep telling her that, in order to keep her supermodel figure, she doesn't have to resort to bulimia. :D

Sarah, you're right! That tail will some day prove to be a much-needed, home cleaning device! In the meantime, it's the perfect height for whacking kitty upside the head, and Pookie is NOT amused. LOL

Thanks for looking, ladies!

Brenda

• youreit
    15 years ago

I just had to share something hilarious. I haven't really considered what religion we should be passing on to Roscoe, but it looks like DH has decided she shall be Jewish. (Mishugenah, fer sure!) On the calendar, I see on the 28th DH has written, "Rosco vet, Rabbi shots." LOL!!!

Oh, and I guess Roscoe #1 was a pet raccoon owned by an old neighbor guy when DH was a kid. DH's puppy reminded him of a raccoon when he saw her running toward him for the first time. I got the story very, very wrong. :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

OY!
    Mazel Tov!

Guess we can cancel the Moyl! :-)

• bonnieblueyes
    15 years ago

Brenda i love her little white eyebrow whisker hairs. Every lady needs some of those! LOL....What a sweetie helping you pick up that big stick. She knows you might accidentally trip and fall on it so she brought it to you , GOOD GIRL helping moma....Congratulations on the new baby and all the wonderful stuff they do to you in the first year ;-) Just keep telling yourself it wont last forever. They will grow out of it. That helped me get through. They are sooooooo worth it tho. Absolute unconditional love bugs is what they are. How's the garden holding up? Love your pictures. She has great colors. When we got our dog Mary she was red. Then she got a small black freckle on her back and it spread into the black saddle of a German shepherd dog. Cant wait to see what colors your baby turns. She has lots of pretty freckles. Good luck and will be thinking of you and your new family member.
    Bonnie

• youreit
    15 years ago

Thanks for all of the encouragement for the future, Bonnie! LOL I never noticed her white eye whiskers before! Probably because she doesn't hold still long enough for more than a nip on the skin, then she's off. She's not allowed in the front yard, where my garden is. :D

Your dog sounds beautiful! I LOVE red dogs. But I'm learning to love raccoon dogs, too. :)

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

*AHEM!*

Any new baby(?) Rosco photos you can share with the class? Is she still like, ohmigod, waaaay cool and getting Pookie to jam with her?

Nudge. Nudge. :-)

• youreit
    15 years ago

Oh, man, is this dog COOL! I can't get enough of her! And she's turning out so purdy, too; her face is ALL lab. She's always up in my grill, though, so I will attempt to take some pics today and share them with pride tomorrow! :)

Brenda

• sheepco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Can't wait for more pix!!!
    If she really is wild and crazy, get a Gentle Leader, you won't regret it. Worth 10x's it's price to have a calmer dog.
    S

• youreit
    15 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Sarah! DH takes her everywhere with him...well, within reason. Normally, it's not a problem, just when she comes in the house. We fixed her biting issue; now, we're working on the jumping. I've never had a dog jump like this. She's like a rabbit!

Oh, and she sits on command, too. :D Good doggie! (DH was obviously standing off to the right in the first 2 pics...)

{{gwi:166061}}

See that stick in the photo? She choked herself on it! Second time she's done that...LOL

{{gwi:166063}}

All up in my grill! (She almost made it over the gate...) Pretty girl.

{{gwi:166066}}

You can't see her eye color that well in these pics. Light brown and to die for! :D

Brenda

• youreit
    15 years ago

We just went through the week from hellllll with poor little Roscoe! But THANK YOU SO MUCH for being there for us, Chicka!! You were a godsend!!

We found out on Sunday that Roscoe has Parvo. I guess the 2 shots DH got from Tractor Supply weren't enough. They had told DH that the shots were "everything she'd need, except for the rabies shot(s)." WRONG! The vet said at least 3 shots are needed, and periodic boosters are even better. Even a dog with updated shots has a chance of getting it! And all it takes is a sniff of an infected dog's feces. Wonderful...

We thought the diagnosis was a death sentence. But the doc gave us 3 options - the unthinkable one; the high-dollar, out-of-our-league option of hospitalization and all the extra care that comes with it (90% chance of recovery; I REALLY wish we could have gone this route...); or only choice of home care with under-the-skin fluids 4x daily, antibiotics, and anti-vomiting pills (60% chance of recovery since she's 8-9 months old; 50% chance at 5 months or younger).

She's almost back to her 100% pre-sickness Roscoe!!! We thought we lost her a couple times. I've never gone through anything so heartbreaking or scary....at least nothing in which I've been almost solely responsible for care and comfort. I guess our area has had an outbreak of it, as the vet said they've seen a lot of dogs come in recently with Parvo.

She will be contagious for at least 2 weeks, and after that, we'll be conducting a thorough cleansing of the property. I'm so thankful we don't have any other dogs to worry about....and that she will now be immune to the virus! She's now scared to death of needles, but whatcha gonna do? LOL

Thanks, again, Chicka!!! You are such a caring person, and the comfort you provided this week is PRICELESS!!!!! *HUG*

Brenda

• catherinet
    15 years ago

Oh Brenda, she is adorable, and I'm so sorry about what she (and you guys) have gone through. Hopefully she'll be 110% soon. What a cutie pie!

• annedickinson
    15 years ago

Brenda,

So sorry you and DH and Roscoe went through the Parvo episode and am so glad she is better!!! She sure is a cutie.

Anne

• youreit
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for your kind words, Catherine and Anne!!! She is back to her rowdy self...well, almost more rowdy. I think she might have brought up (or pooped out) some brain cells last week...and some common sense cells, too. LOL

She doesn't mind at all, and keeps trying to get into the kitty's food, which we'd finally trained her NOT to do before the Parvo incident. She also figured out that "human" food (white rice and baby food? HOY!) is SO much better than puppy food. She's trying to be a food diva, but I'm not having it! :D

She actually did eat her normal food last night, without any coaxing or any special coatings to tempt her. I love her SO much, and I can't wait to be able to take her out in public again! Her pent up energy is making us all crazy...including her. LOL I've been watching as many episodes of The Dog Whisperer as possible, so I'm armed and ready for post-Parvo puppy madness! :D

Brenda

• jeanner
    15 years ago

I am so glad to hear she's doing better .... big hugs for Roscoe and you too! And for Chickie!!!

I hope this week brings lots of puppy madness for you :^)

• youreit
    15 years ago

Thanks so much, Jean! I'm going on a toy run to PetSmart today to stock up on fun things for puppy! Not that she's spoiled or anything. LOL

DH says she's MY dog now. After many days of stabbing her with needles and holding her hair when she was sick...LOL...I'd say I kind of earned that reward. She listens to me more, anyway. :D

We have the last, unused fluid bag hanging in the living room a la Picasso, to remind us what we went through. Roscoe refuses to acknowledge it. :)

Brenda

• sheepco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, what a nightmare for you! I'm so glad its over and you all survived, you are the greatest nurse! Hugs for Roscoe!

S

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Awwww, Roscoe! I *knew* you were a good girl and wouldn't leave your Mom and Dad! Well done, Brenda! Roscoe knows you did all that stuff to make her better and she loves you for it. :-)

Smiles and tail wags from Camp Nappy

• maryo_nh
    15 years ago

Brenda, you're the best puppy momma. Of course she loves you best! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a full recovery!

:) Mary
    (((hug)))

• youreit
    15 years ago

Thank you, Sarah! Nightmare is an appropriate description, yes! I can't believe how quickly the depression creeped up on me last week. But it's gone now!! Woohoo!! And puppy is LOVING her new toys from Petsmart! I bought plenty of her favorites - squeaky things! LOL

Chicka, your baby food recommendation saved the day!! She refused everything else, and the vet here never mentioned it. I'm still concerned about how long she might be contagious, as the vet mentioned about 2 weeks, but some websites state, "Transmission can occur for at least 3 weeks after a dog becomes infected with the virus." YIKES! It's hard to figure when a doggie's going to decide it's time for a poopie. :(

I'd love to be able to take her down the road for her usual swim in the canal, but I think that's the area where she got it, and I certainly don't want to infect any other dogs or the foxes down there. *sigh*

Thank you, Mary!!! I'm definitely a proud momma, if nothing else. :)

Brenda

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County