Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youreit

Favorite comic strip!

youreit
18 years ago

I just had to share this, from Sunday's Get Fuzzy, in case any of you didn't see it. This is my favorite comic strip since The Far Side. :D

Any other favorites out there?

TAG!

Youreit

{{gwi:166121}}

Comments (22)

• zinniachick
    18 years ago

Oh yes! I had the Get Fuzzy daily calendar last year. The cat and dog are so dead-on. You know Darby Conley must have much experience living with at least one of each.

• bihai
    18 years ago

I used to love Doonesbury back in the 70's and very early 80's. The whole saga about Gonzer and his stint as a professional tanner for Plough, it was just too funny.

• youreit
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ZC, that's so true about Darby very much knowing his pet species. I've had my share of dar dogs and jackass kitties. :D

For some reason, Doonesbury made me think of Bloom County (with Opus the penguin and Bill the fffffilthy, spitting cat), which I used to love!

Brenda

• bihai
    18 years ago

The Far Side was always a perennial fave as well

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Yeah in my opinion NOTHING comes even close to the twisted humor and wit of Gary Larson and the Far Side. I'll try to remember to add a new strip to this thread every now and then...
    {{gwi:166122}}

• youreit
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LMAO!! Mr. Larson would be a fun addition to the ever-elusive Pond Forum BBQ & Pool Party.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:166120}}

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

This one sits on my desk at work...

It comes as no surprise to the better half that it's one of my favorites since she finds it funny that in 80% of my childhood photos I'm holding/eating an ice cream. LOL!

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

For the visually challenged, the caption reads:

"I've got it too Omar..... a strange feeling like we've been going in circles"

• mucky_waters
    18 years ago

{{gwi:166123}}

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

LOL! VERY clever Mucky_H2O+

Here's "my" version of a Far Side cartoon.... God creating a Pond Forum: {{gwi:166124}}

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

LOL!!! Mucky and Semper!!!!!

Perfection. Right down to the signatures. :-)

• mucky_waters
    18 years ago

LOL! Now I know why the discussion forum hasn't been very interesting lately, it's lacking that "small" dash of Web Feeet.

• youreit
    Original Author
    18 years ago

You guys are so clever! C3D, I didn't even notice Mucky's siggy. Good eye!

LOL @ WF I miss that extra spice in the Discussion area, too!

Brenda

• bihai
    18 years ago

I LOVE those Semper!!!!!!!!!! Keep them coming!!!!
    I have no idea why he quit writing that strip, but it was a black day when he did

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

a whole slew of them here..cat lovers enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: off the mark

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Nothing starts the week off right like a good Farside cartoon on my appointment calendar. This week's cartoon:
    {{gwi:166125}}

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

finally! i get to post my fave. it has yellowed over the years while displayed on my fridge. in case the caption in illegible, it is titled "cat showers."

{{gwi:166126}}

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

{{gwi:166127}}
    Story of my life!!!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

There was an article about Garry Trudeau in our local Sunday paper this week. It was very interesting as well as complimentary to Trudeau which was a surprise since 26 years ago there was a drive to get rid of the strip here. Most of it centered on a single strip which showed two characters in bed together who were not married to each other but other story lines were equally hated. The attempt to vilify and eliminate the strip and Trudeau continues to this day here in the Midwest. I suppose it can be said that any 'comic' strip that generates so much reaction and still survives is important to every one of us.
    That said, I am guilty of reading it and enjoying every slam and nuance. I even go to the web to re-read story lines and blogs about it so I guess you can say it is one of my favorites. I still miss Pogo and the original Opus.

Here is a link that might be useful: be sure to read the super script

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

My favorite comic strip at this moment...
    {{gwi:166128}}

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL!!! Blackmailing Santa...it sounds like a Quentin Tarantino film. :D

Brenda

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

This is from an email... thought some of them were pretty good...

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!