Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite comic strip!

Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 27, 06 at 9:42

I just had to share this, from Sunday's Get Fuzzy, in case any of you didn't see it. This is my favorite comic strip since The Far Side. :D

Any other favorites out there?

TAG!
Youreit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite comic strip!

Oh yes! I had the Get Fuzzy daily calendar last year. The cat and dog are so dead-on. You know Darby Conley must have much experience living with at least one of each.

o

• Posted by bihai z8B FL (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 30, 06 at 20:48

I used to love Doonesbury back in the 70's and very early 80's. The whole saga about Gonzer and his stint as a professional tanner for Plough, it was just too funny.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 31, 06 at 10:08

ZC, that's so true about Darby very much knowing his pet species. I've had my share of dar dogs and jackass kitties. :D

For some reason, Doonesbury made me think of Bloom County (with Opus the penguin and Bill the fffffilthy, spitting cat), which I used to love!

Brenda

o

Fri, Mar 31, 06 at 15:41

The Far Side was always a perennial fave as well

o

Yeah in my opinion NOTHING comes even close to the twisted humor and wit of Gary Larson and the Far Side. I'll try to remember to add a new strip to this thread every now and then...

o

Sat, Apr 8, 06 at 8:49

LMAO!! Mr. Larson would be a fun addition to the ever-elusive Pond Forum BBQ & Pool Party.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Red meat

o

This one sits on my desk at work...

It comes as no surprise to the better half that it's one of my favorites since she finds it funny that in 80% of my childhood photos I'm holding/eating an ice cream. LOL!

o

For the visually challenged, the caption reads:

"I've got it too Omar..... a strange feeling like we've been going in circles"

o

o

LOL! VERY clever Mucky_H2O+

Here's "my" version of a Far Side cartoon.... God creating a Pond Forum:

o

LOL!!! Mucky and Semper!!!!!

Perfection. Right down to the signatures. :-)

o

LOL! Now I know why the discussion forum hasn't been very interesting lately, it's lacking that "small" dash of Web Feeet.

o

Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 10:12

You guys are so clever! C3D, I didn't even notice Mucky's siggy. Good eye!

LOL @ WF I miss that extra spice in the Discussion area, too!

Brenda

o

Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 21:16

I LOVE those Semper!!!!!!!!!! Keep them coming!!!!
I have no idea why he quit writing that strip, but it was a black day when he did

o

a whole slew of them here..cat lovers enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: off the mark

o

Nothing starts the week off right like a good Farside cartoon on my appointment calendar. This week's cartoon:

o

finally! i get to post my fave. it has yellowed over the years while displayed on my fridge. in case the caption in illegible, it is titled "cat showers."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Story of my life!!!

o

There was an article about Garry Trudeau in our local Sunday paper this week. It was very interesting as well as complimentary to Trudeau which was a surprise since 26 years ago there was a drive to get rid of the strip here. Most of it centered on a single strip which showed two characters in bed together who were not married to each other but other story lines were equally hated. The attempt to vilify and eliminate the strip and Trudeau continues to this day here in the Midwest. I suppose it can be said that any 'comic' strip that generates so much reaction and still survives is important to every one of us.
That said, I am guilty of reading it and enjoying every slam and nuance. I even go to the web to re-read story lines and blogs about it so I guess you can say it is one of my favorites. I still miss Pogo and the original Opus.

Here is a link that might be useful: be sure to read the super script

o

My favorite comic strip at this moment...

o

Fri, Dec 22, 06 at 10:03

LOL!!! Blackmailing Santa...it sounds like a Quentin Tarantino film. :D

Brenda

o

This is from an email... thought some of them were pretty good...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here