Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isis_nebthet

Hey guys...long time no see...

isis_nebthet
18 years ago

I thought I should check in. I've been busy enough that this is the first chance I've had to touch any forum in a few months. I got a job as a night fry cook at Applebee's and between that and juggling the critters I have scant time (I'm a zombie on my two days off).

Isis has more babies Guyu is definitely the father. Four piebald pups and two with standard Irish markings using the husky as a color guide (how is it dogs that originated in Siberia are commonly Irish marked?). Two are girls. The runt of this litter was still born so Isis will be getting spayed soon. With most dogs losing a runt is common but having never lost a pup out of Isis it tells me she's getting too old to be a mom again. I don't have any pictures of the pups yet.

I am now down to two koi in one of my aquariums (I bought them without realising the other four died). The existing pond here has been declared a biological disaster by me (it's too close to a tree and all those sinking leaves killed all the larger fish). I'm working on getting the remaining goldfish I have into the stock tank that had the clown knives in it. I lost most of my tropical fish around the holidays due to freezing of the tanks because of improper heating of the room they were in. I put the survivors in a smaller room with a heater. It's warm enough to go see the fish and take off your coat now. I won't buy another clown knife or other really temperature sensitive fish until summer given the almost life support style my fish are stuck in right now.

So how's everyone else been?

Adrea

Comments (8)

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Hi Andrea.

Congratulations on your grand-puppies! :-) We need pictures.

Sorry to hear about your fish woes. I saw yesterday that we have three male bettas in the 55 gallon tank. No fighting though. All have beautiful fins. Maybe because they are father and two sons?

Our pond is full of leaves too as well as spring peepers. :-) Spring has sprung and the Toxic Neighbor threw some willow limbs over into our yard but she must not have been satisfied with that. She has cut through our chain link fence in at least 4 places! So the video camera is back on to try to catch her in the act and she will be prosecuted!

Our koi are cruising around the holding tank on the breezeway. They wait for us to complete a planned 9000-ish gallon formal koi pond. LOL!! Just how long is a koi's lifespan? :-)

Take it easy. Good to hear from you again.

C3D

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

Hi Adrea!
    You haven't been far from my mind since the picture of your dog looking through the hole he ate in the door is rotating through my screensaver...

One of my dogs, Sasha, recently passed away in an encounter with a passing car. I'm still having a cry once a day or so, when I see Gretchen, the remaining, lonely dog, stare and sniff down the driveway... I really need puppy pictures! Pleeeaaase!

Our pond is defrosted every afternoon, and we see the fish cruising slowly. The water is about 38 degrees. Our outdoor-brought-indoor goldfish are doing well, but the outdoor plants that we brought in with them are languishing. We are all sooooooooo looking forward to spring...

:) Mary

• hnladue
    18 years ago

Hey Adrea!!!
    Glad you're back! Congrats on the grand-puppies, and I too cry "Pictures Please"!!
    Still cold here, but it's looking better. 33 out right now. I bought 10 green frog tadpols at the garden show and can't wait to watch them grow! 3 have back legs so they will change this year. The others will change next year. WooHoo!! Also almost time to start the waterfall and pump back up for summer!!
    --Heather.

• zinniachick
    18 years ago

Hi Adrea! I'm so glad to hear from you.

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

Ohhh Puppies! I can't wait for pictures!

I gave up on fish this winter. Seems the 2yo coaxed by the 4yo likes to deposit fish toxic things into the water. So the aquarium sits empty.

Post pics soon please!

• youreit
    18 years ago

Great to have you back, Adrea! And I'm in line to see some puppy pics! :)

Don't work too hard, and I hope your fish issues get better real soon.

Brenda

• isis_nebthet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm going to try to get pics today. Glad to hear everyone is doing okay.

C3D,
    I would have put up electric fence ;) 9,000 gallons is a good size. A bit overwhelming to plan out though.

Mary,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Sasha. To me it's the worst way to loose a dog. That's what happened to Nebt-Het it was devastating even to Isis. When they're sick you have some time to come to terms with it.

Heather,
    i can't compare temp that's for sure but suffice it to say it wants to be spring here but it's not working. Last week it snowed just enough to make everything icy. Not too bad until you figure it was about 80 the day before.

Hey zinnia..

fishy,
    I'm sorry. Maybe you could install a locking top?

Brenda,
    I have to work too hard ;) That's how you end up with more hours than everyone else. Then you have to push them to work with you so people get their food on time..My Napoleon complex is well suited to the job ;)

Adrea

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

((((((W))))))))
    glad to hear all is well with you, adrea!

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area