May each day bring you bright, happy hours,
That stay with you all the year long.

An Irish blessing for you all!

o
RE: May the road rise up to meet you

o

Bridget Mahoney

hmmph. i don't think so. too snooty sounding. then again...might be me :)

one of my faves:
May those who love us, love us.
And for those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if he can not turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we may know them by their limping.

there is a bedtime one, but ca't find it.

and:

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow.
May the soft winds freshen your spirit.
May the sunshine brighten your heart
May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you.
And may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.

o

Niamh Flaherty.

I don't know where the Flaherty comes from. I know about 'Niamh' though. This is what we named DD2, who was born in Galway!
Niamh, as far as we know, was the daughter of the king of the fairies. Fair skin, raven black hair (or was it red?), etc etc. She was, as all fairies are, good as well as mischievous.
My, what a great name we picked! Not only is all of this true (except her hair, it's merely dark, with only a touch of redness), but! she's also named after her mother! Heehee.

Someone explain 'Flaherty' to me? Something with chieftains?

Which reminds me! DD3 gave us concert tix for Christmas, last Saturday, the Chieftains were in Symphony Hall in Boston. They brought, other than themselves: dancers - one girl, more traditional, world champ kind of girl, and two rubber-legged hyperfast young men from Canada, more free-style, one of which also played the fiddle; a fantastic young group from Cape Breton, two guys two gals, 16 to 20 yrs old - that played at least two instruments each, and also danced, and sang... Then they met in town, and invited to come along, a group of Scottosh bag piper guys and three Celtic Tenors. We had an uproaringly wonderful time.

Did I ever mention that DH and I lived in Galway for almost four years? That's where our first two babes were born.

:) Mary

o

I am Fionna O'Sullivan.

My DH is Patrick Flaherty. So Mary, ya got an Irish/Italian brother that your family never speaks of? LOL!

C O'3D :-)

o

Hi Fionna! Hi Seamus! Hi Bridget!

:) Niamh

o

"May the road rise up to meet you" - ohhh, sounds like road rash :^)

o

As a side note, I really like the little intro on your GW page Z-chick.

-Seamus

o

Thanks Seamus O'Sweaterman!

Jeanner, your birthday lunch is now two months late. We've got to get on this before the daffodils bloom!

o

Shannon Maloney here...hmm, I think I like the name my folks gave me just fine :)

Sarah

o

Aye laddy. Tis me. Patrick O'Toole. Top of the morning to ya!

Happy ponding,
Patrick

o

Niamh O'Farrell

FTM love the turned ankle one!

o

Hey fairy toadmother:

Top of the mornin to ya!!! Maybe we're related. I'm Aoife (pronunciation?) Mahoney. Our clan probably goes back a way.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 20, 06 at 10:41

A little late but...

May the light always find you on a dreary day.
When you need to be home, may you find your way.
May you always have courage to take a chance
And never find frogs in your underpants.

May the vernal equinox pleasantly dampen your socks.

Bridget O'Farrell

o

And happy Equinox, all! We're anticipating a snowstorm tonight. Welcome, spring!

o

Fiona O'Sullivan Hmmmmm.... what the heck !?!? Fiona? Shrek's girlfriend? LOL

o

hey, fishy...dontchanow! which brings to mind...can't remember which author it was maeve benchi???? someting like that. her settings are in ireland. anyway, as i read a couple of her books, i started talking with some of the terms like that ("dont ya know")

koijoy, could be...do you often have bouts of unavoidable and undiagnosed clumsiness? :)

lol, brenda! i love frogs! (but not in my underpants)
but, susan, shreks girlfriend turned into a beautiful princess. not that she wasn't beautiful in her own way already.

o

Koijoyii, it's ee-fa, accent on first syllable.

o

Awww CT, you are such a dear! :-)

First you likened me to Mary Poppins and now Shrek's better half. Shrek's Fiona is a lovely charming character. A little green but still someone who could easily be a trusted friend.

So much better than being like that nasty ol' thing that was nothing more than 'The Elephant Man's' one night stand, ehh? Remember that story? I can send it to you if you like. LOL!!!

Does that mean Mike and I need to pose for another wedding photograph when we renew our vows this summer? This is our original picture.

Image hosting by Photobucket

C3D

o

I guess I get a weird name in any language :)

Aoife McGilray

o

• Posted by bihai z8B FL (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 21, 06 at 12:34

Well now I am Aoife McGilray. I don't even know how to pronounce Aoife. But I have a feeling its something like "Weef" with a long E.

"They put a hot wire to my head
Cause of the things I did and said
To make these feelings go away
I'm better now in every way
May the road rise with you
May the road rise with you..."
PIL

o

Chickie! Renew your vows! So romantic!

We will definitely want to see a new picture when the time comes. Or maybe Semper will do a picture for you...

o

Hi Mary.

We have renewed our vows a few times in the past 22 years. It is still VERY romantic! :-)

Semper do our photography? Hmmmmm. I'm sure he has *just* the right picture too. He does seem to have the exact right picture for any occasion doesn't he? So Mr. Semper, ya got a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Shrek handy? (Betcha he does!)

~~Darn! Another undercover alias for us has been exposed.~~

About our wedding picture... I don't usually wear heels but there are those special occasions........ Mike still has that same look in his eyes. LOL! That photograph actually hangs above our bed! (TRUE!)

C with 3 Ds

o

Shannon O'Grady here. Maybe that's where the red in my hair came from. Sandy

o

C3D - Fiona O'Sullivan came up when I typed in MY name. My post regarding Shrek's girlfriend had nothing to do with you. I was making light of myself getting that name assigned to ME. Cute wedding picture BTW. Taz and Bugs are two of my favorite cartoon characters. Mary Poppins is a terrific projection of a wholesome image IMO.

Yes, FTM - I agree, Fiona was great. I really liked the first Shrek movie the best. - Susan

o

Under normal circumstances I do not share people's private pictures with others even under extreme duress... but since you asked:

Mr. & Mrs. Sir Nappy getting ready to ride into the sunset.

Of course, as luck would have it, I got paired up with this dawg of a bride's maid.

o

Ah, Semper, I knew we could count on you!

o

Semper, Semper, Semper...

You are _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ !

~~~ Need to buy a vowel? LOL!!!

I'd *LOVE* to have that bride's maid! :-)

Mrs. Fiona Nappy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here