May each day bring you bright, happy hours,
    That stay with you all the year long.

An Irish blessing for you all!

• semper_fi
    18 years ago
  • fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

Bridget Mahoney

hmmph. i don't think so. too snooty sounding. then again...might be me :)

one of my faves:
    May those who love us, love us.
    And for those who don't love us,
    May God turn their hearts.
    And if he can not turn their hearts,
    May he turn their ankles,
    So we may know them by their limping.

there is a bedtime one, but ca't find it.

and:

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow.
    May the soft winds freshen your spirit.
    May the sunshine brighten your heart
    May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you.
    And may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

Niamh Flaherty.

I don't know where the Flaherty comes from. I know about 'Niamh' though. This is what we named DD2, who was born in Galway!
    Niamh, as far as we know, was the daughter of the king of the fairies. Fair skin, raven black hair (or was it red?), etc etc. She was, as all fairies are, good as well as mischievous.
    My, what a great name we picked! Not only is all of this true (except her hair, it's merely dark, with only a touch of redness), but! she's also named after her mother! Heehee.

Someone explain 'Flaherty' to me? Something with chieftains?

Which reminds me! DD3 gave us concert tix for Christmas, last Saturday, the Chieftains were in Symphony Hall in Boston. They brought, other than themselves: dancers - one girl, more traditional, world champ kind of girl, and two rubber-legged hyperfast young men from Canada, more free-style, one of which also played the fiddle; a fantastic young group from Cape Breton, two guys two gals, 16 to 20 yrs old - that played at least two instruments each, and also danced, and sang... Then they met in town, and invited to come along, a group of Scottosh bag piper guys and three Celtic Tenors. We had an uproaringly wonderful time.

Did I ever mention that DH and I lived in Galway for almost four years? That's where our first two babes were born.

:) Mary

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

I am Fionna O'Sullivan.

My DH is Patrick Flaherty. So Mary, ya got an Irish/Italian brother that your family never speaks of? LOL!

C O'3D :-)

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

Hi Fionna! Hi Seamus! Hi Bridget!

:) Niamh

• jeanner
    18 years ago

"May the road rise up to meet you" - ohhh, sounds like road rash :^)

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

As a side note, I really like the little intro on your GW page Z-chick.

-Seamus

• zinniachick
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Seamus O'Sweaterman!

Jeanner, your birthday lunch is now two months late. We've got to get on this before the daffodils bloom!

• sheepco
    18 years ago

Shannon Maloney here...hmm, I think I like the name my folks gave me just fine :)

Sarah

• pondmaninfl
    18 years ago

Aye laddy. Tis me. Patrick O'Toole. Top of the morning to ya!

Happy ponding,
    Patrick

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

Niamh O'Farrell

FTM love the turned ankle one!

• koijoyii
    18 years ago

Hey fairy toadmother:

Top of the mornin to ya!!! Maybe we're related. I'm Aoife (pronunciation?) Mahoney. Our clan probably goes back a way.

• youreit
    18 years ago

A little late but...

May the light always find you on a dreary day.
    When you need to be home, may you find your way.
    May you always have courage to take a chance
    And never find frogs in your underpants.

May the vernal equinox pleasantly dampen your socks.

Bridget O'Farrell

• zinniachick
    Original Author
    18 years ago

And happy Equinox, all! We're anticipating a snowstorm tonight. Welcome, spring!

• comettose
    18 years ago

Fiona O'Sullivan Hmmmmm.... what the heck !?!? Fiona? Shrek's girlfriend? LOL

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

hey, fishy...dontchanow! which brings to mind...can't remember which author it was maeve benchi???? someting like that. her settings are in ireland. anyway, as i read a couple of her books, i started talking with some of the terms like that ("dont ya know")

koijoy, could be...do you often have bouts of unavoidable and undiagnosed clumsiness? :)

lol, brenda! i love frogs! (but not in my underpants)
    but, susan, shreks girlfriend turned into a beautiful princess. not that she wasn't beautiful in her own way already.

• zinniachick
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Koijoyii, it's ee-fa, accent on first syllable.

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Awww CT, you are such a dear! :-)

First you likened me to Mary Poppins and now Shrek's better half. Shrek's Fiona is a lovely charming character. A little green but still someone who could easily be a trusted friend.

So much better than being like that nasty ol' thing that was nothing more than 'The Elephant Man's' one night stand, ehh? Remember that story? I can send it to you if you like. LOL!!!

Does that mean Mike and I need to pose for another wedding photograph when we renew our vows this summer? This is our original picture.

{{gwi:166142}}

C3D

• isis_nebthet
    18 years ago

I guess I get a weird name in any language :)

Aoife McGilray

• bihai
    18 years ago

Well now I am Aoife McGilray. I don't even know how to pronounce Aoife. But I have a feeling its something like "Weef" with a long E.

"They put a hot wire to my head
    Cause of the things I did and said
    To make these feelings go away
    I'm better now in every way
    May the road rise with you
    May the road rise with you..."
    PIL

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

Chickie! Renew your vows! So romantic!

We will definitely want to see a new picture when the time comes. Or maybe Semper will do a picture for you...

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Hi Mary.

We have renewed our vows a few times in the past 22 years. It is still VERY romantic! :-)

Semper do our photography? Hmmmmm. I'm sure he has *just* the right picture too. He does seem to have the exact right picture for any occasion doesn't he? So Mr. Semper, ya got a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Shrek handy? (Betcha he does!)

~~Darn! Another undercover alias for us has been exposed.~~

About our wedding picture... I don't usually wear heels but there are those special occasions........ Mike still has that same look in his eyes. LOL! That photograph actually hangs above our bed! (TRUE!)

C with 3 Ds

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

Shannon O'Grady here. Maybe that's where the red in my hair came from. Sandy

• comettose
    18 years ago

C3D - Fiona O'Sullivan came up when I typed in MY name. My post regarding Shrek's girlfriend had nothing to do with you. I was making light of myself getting that name assigned to ME. Cute wedding picture BTW. Taz and Bugs are two of my favorite cartoon characters. Mary Poppins is a terrific projection of a wholesome image IMO.

Yes, FTM - I agree, Fiona was great. I really liked the first Shrek movie the best. - Susan

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Under normal circumstances I do not share people's private pictures with others even under extreme duress... but since you asked:

{{gwi:166140}} getting ready to ride into the sunset.

Of course, as luck would have it, I got paired up with {{gwi:166141}}.

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

Ah, Semper, I knew we could count on you!

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Semper, Semper, Semper...

You are _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ !

I'd \*LOVE\* to have that bride's maid! :\-) Mrs. Fiona Nappy ®
Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County