Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

I think I have lost my heart

sleeplessinftwayne
17 years ago

I was looking at clips of Rosie ODonnal on youtube and got sidetracked by video of cats running on wheels and then got more sidetracked by other cats and then I found the videos by Richard Norton of his Bengals. I am in love!!! I have had cats who were smarter than the average but all of these cats are brilliant as well as beautiful! Warning though, I wound up setting here for more than an hour watching these adorable animals. Sandy

Comments (9)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was so excited I forgot to put in the link. BTW, there are many more videos of these and other Bengals and you will love all of them. Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Bessie and Aurora

• youreit
    17 years ago

Bengals are so beautiful, I agree, Sandy! The link I posted over on the "Animals in the News" thread mentions Bengals in the article about Toygers, a new breed, but when I saw pics of Bengals, I melted!

Brenda

• comettose
    17 years ago

Bengals look exotic and some have more spots than others. Jungle like cats and most likely very expensive.

Sandy - I was wondering. Are you interested in a Musa Zebrina pup or a 5 foot tall Musa Basjoo? I want to get rid of my big tropicals. The bajsoo is a larger size pup of the mom plant which bit the dust, mainly because I had to chop her down. She was going over 18 feet in my bathroom. Both are healthy and the Zebrina pup already has some dark mottled spots on the new leaves. I know you have your tropical pond in summer. Just wondering.

CT

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

hi sandy! i totally feel your "pain." frost is a marbled bengal. my late sarge was also. high energy cats! you can occasionally find one with personality quirks that some people can't deal with (ie, preferring to use water sources for bathroom duties).

generation could make the difference between not a lap cat and a lap cat. sarge was a total lover and glued to me at all times. frost refuses to be picked up but you better sit down and pay attention to her when she tells you! she is very vocal while sarge was only vocal when i went to bed or was gone. he carried my red sock around in his mouth and mrawed awhile.

there are a lot of bengals in rescues just like other purebreds, as well as retired breeders.

from the bengal rescue website: "Often, people want a Bengal solely because of its exotic looks, not aware that its active and dominating personality could be completely opposite from what they want!" active and dominating? oh yeah! sarge made my old man's life miserable, poor old guy was always on edge. frost drove him insane wanting attention and when he wouldn't give it to her, she would attack him. sarge and frost had a remarkable bond, however.

rescue for our region is http://www.greatlakesbengalrescue.com/

i want to be a foster so bad, but dh has a problem with that.

Here is a link that might be useful: bengal rescue

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

there are also a lot of shelter and foster bengals on petfinder.com

Here is a link that might be useful: pet finder

• jeanner
    16 years ago

Too cute! And boy, what a great setup, I think my cats are deprived! Not that Bandit would take one step out there but Smokey would be in heaven.

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority once again. Never liked those bengals much myself. :-)

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

wish i had one of those wheels for sarge! then again, he was so high strung it would have scared the dickens out of him.

• youreit
    16 years ago

"Active and dominating" is not how I would describe the Bengals in that link, though, Fi guy. :D

Brandy