Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think I have lost my heart

Posted by sleeplessinftwayne z4-5 IND (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 2, 07 at 2:32

I was looking at clips of Rosie ODonnal on youtube and got sidetracked by video of cats running on wheels and then got more sidetracked by other cats and then I found the videos by Richard Norton of his Bengals. I am in love!!! I have had cats who were smarter than the average but all of these cats are brilliant as well as beautiful! Warning though, I wound up setting here for more than an hour watching these adorable animals. Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I know I have lost my heart

I was so excited I forgot to put in the link. BTW, there are many more videos of these and other Bengals and you will love all of them. Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Bessie and Aurora

o
RE: I think I have lost my heart

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 2, 07 at 11:57

Bengals are so beautiful, I agree, Sandy! The link I posted over on the "Animals in the News" thread mentions Bengals in the article about Toygers, a new breed, but when I saw pics of Bengals, I melted!

Brenda

o

Bengals look exotic and some have more spots than others. Jungle like cats and most likely very expensive.

Sandy - I was wondering. Are you interested in a Musa Zebrina pup or a 5 foot tall Musa Basjoo? I want to get rid of my big tropicals. The bajsoo is a larger size pup of the mom plant which bit the dust, mainly because I had to chop her down. She was going over 18 feet in my bathroom. Both are healthy and the Zebrina pup already has some dark mottled spots on the new leaves. I know you have your tropical pond in summer. Just wondering.

CT

o

hi sandy! i totally feel your "pain." frost is a marbled bengal. my late sarge was also. high energy cats! you can occasionally find one with personality quirks that some people can't deal with (ie, preferring to use water sources for bathroom duties).

generation could make the difference between not a lap cat and a lap cat. sarge was a total lover and glued to me at all times. frost refuses to be picked up but you better sit down and pay attention to her when she tells you! she is very vocal while sarge was only vocal when i went to bed or was gone. he carried my red sock around in his mouth and mrawed awhile.

there are a lot of bengals in rescues just like other purebreds, as well as retired breeders.

from the bengal rescue website: "Often, people want a Bengal solely because of its exotic looks, not aware that its active and dominating personality could be completely opposite from what they want!" active and dominating? oh yeah! sarge made my old man's life miserable, poor old guy was always on edge. frost drove him insane wanting attention and when he wouldn't give it to her, she would attack him. sarge and frost had a remarkable bond, however.

rescue for our region is http://www.greatlakesbengalrescue.com/

i want to be a foster so bad, but dh has a problem with that.

Here is a link that might be useful: bengal rescue

o
oh yes

there are also a lot of shelter and foster bengals on petfinder.com

Here is a link that might be useful: pet finder

o

Too cute! And boy, what a great setup, I think my cats are deprived! Not that Bandit would take one step out there but Smokey would be in heaven.

o

I guess I'm in the minority once again. Never liked those bengals much myself. :-)

o

wish i had one of those wheels for sarge! then again, he was so high strung it would have scared the dickens out of him.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 11:48

"Active and dominating" is not how I would describe the Bengals in that link, though, Fi guy. :D

Brandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here