Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone feel the earthquake this morning? (Friday)

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 7:29

Hi all,
I'm in central Indiana and had a weird awakening this morning. I felt like someone had dropped my bed from up in the air! Then I heard something in my TV/VCR clicking for awhile. Very strange. Within a few minutes, on a local news show, they were talking about a 5.4 earthquake with the epicenter in southeastern Illinois.
I'm sure for you folks in California, this is nothing, but it was strange! Isn't this earth something else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone feel the earthquake this morning? (Friday)

WOW! Good that's you're OK!!!!

Earlier this morning we heard the birds start fluttering and flying in a panic. What the heck?!?!? No was was calling just flying all of the sudden. Mike casually said maybe we're having an earthquake but can't feel it. OMG! There was an earthquake at about the same time and the birds did sense something! The dogs and cats? Snoring! LOL!

o

Hi CD3.......my cat and dog didn't seem to be bothered by it either! But strangely, my dog isn't affected by thunder either.
That's very interesting about your birds. I wish I could have been really awake for it. I would have loved to notice if the turkey vultures roosting in in a nearby spruce tree flew off.
I'm wondering if my stocktank ponds did any mini-sunamis? haha
I guess they felt it in Iowa too, so I'm sure it could have made it to Ohio. Very exciting! (as long as there isn't any damage!)

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 9:20

I read about that one! I guess it was felt something like 350 miles away. Wow! Amazing about your birds, Chicka!

We never feel/get earthquakes here where we are in the Sacramento area....but maybe I just jinxed it. LOL I've felt quakes in the past - real strong ones as a kid up in Eureka, and later, up in Redding, the subtle kind that make you feel dizzy and nauseous - and I definitely don't miss them.

Brenda

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 17:42

Catherinet, that's a pretty personal question! lol
"Horton"

o

LOL Horton! I didn't feel it either but others here did, I was SLEEPING!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here