Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mucky_waters

Streaming Eagles

mucky_waters
18 years ago

Streaming Eagles

Nice web cam of and eagle nest, the audio is good too.

Comments (15)

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Thanks Mucky I really enjoyed that!

I assume she is incubating eggs - what a bore that must be. Have you ever seen her leave the nest?

• youreit
    18 years ago

Awww, I was able to hear some rustling, but it was a no-go on any visuals. Must be my dial-up or....where is this nest? Maybe it was ni-ni time when I tried to see it. :)

Brenda

• mucky_waters
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Strange,,, I viewed the eagle nest cam only a couple of times, before I posted in this forum, and it worked perfectly, good steady streaming live video with great audio, but since then every time I've had another look I either get a black screen, or the video freezes up after just a few seconds.
    Apparently it is quickly becoming a very popular site and it not set up to handle the bandwidth, so depending on when you happen to look at it you may or may not be able to see and hear it as well as I did the first couple times I viewed it.
    Yes the eagles are sitting on a few eggs and, they switch off with each other once in a while. It's the audio that I really liked, if you listen to it early in the morning you can hear a million birds and animals in the background, and of course you can clearly hear the eagle making any noise as well. I'm looking forward to when the eggs hatch and the little baby eagles start screaming for food, then we'll have some screaming streaming eagle.
    I just hope they get the bandwidth problem fixed by then.
    You can find where it is and what it's all about by checking out the forum for the eagle cam.

• mucky_waters
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It took a while, but I finally figured out a direct link to the eagle cam so you don't have to have to watch the sponsors ad first.... It seems to work better than viewing through that web site anyway. direct link to the streaming video web cam

• youreit
    18 years ago

Thanks for the new link, MW! OMG, I see the nest! What an awesome creature. *goosebumps*

I found out the nest is in British Columbia, which is in my time zone, so when I was trying to view it at 4am-6am, it was just too dark. LOL

Thanks, again!

Brenda

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"Apparently it is quickly becoming a very popular site...

Something tells me you are correct! LOL!

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

If you go to www.nu.com you can click on the link and select you speed. The eagles have hatched both their eggs. One on april 10th and the other on the 13th and both appear to be doing fine.

If you have a problem the first time you try to view, just close the link and try again. It is amazing to see the parents come and go and feed the chicks. My son is really enjoying this site.

• youreit
    18 years ago

Thanks, Mamabear! I have dial-up, and the 56k came in SO clear. The tree was swaying, and one of the parents was sitting there, looking around, feathers ruffling in the wind. :)

Awesome quality for a dial-up connection!

Brenda

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

No problem Brenda. I looked at the site this morning and it appears that one of the babies are missing. I email them to find out and I am waiting for a reply. I did get an autoresponse thanking me for the email.

I will post reply.

Louise

• youreit
    18 years ago

Louise, I just saw it! It's much smaller than the other baby. At first, I thought it was dead, but then it finally started moving, too. It's just so tiny compared to the other one. I hope it makes it!

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Direct link to NE Utilities Eagle Cam

• mamabear_on
    18 years ago

Hi Brenda. I saw it yesterday morning. Mom was feeding them and it is very small. It is possible that I was seeing both as one baby.

I am with you, I hope this little guy/girl makes it. I heard that the bigger of the two tries to knock the smaller out of the nest so that it does not have to compete for food.

Grow baby GROW!!!! and quickly.

Louise

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

I just went for the first time (clicked on your original link, and it popped right up).

She's just sitting there, looking around, now, too... MUST be sitting atop those nestlings, I guess. I can hear pounding in the background, like someone is hammering something, so I assume there's some kind of construction going on nearby... Nice that the link opens up separately, so I can still have both IT and this page open at the same time, as I do right now.

Thanks for the link, Mr. Mucky!
    Jeff

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

I've had the cam running ever since I posted earlier this afternoon (although I had the monitor off and was away working in the yard, shopping and getting supper for several hours)...

The eagle is currently off the nest and has been on and off several times, but when she's ON, she acts like she's roosting, and also fluffs and works on the nest, yet when she's OFF I can find NO EVIDENCE of any eggs or chicks... Anybody have any idea what's going on? Did chicks hatch and fledge, or die? Or has she not yet laid? Or what?

It's a neat cam, but it'll be neater if there are some eggs or chicks to look at.

• mamabear_on
    17 years ago

Hello Jeff, I think that the link that murky water gave is the one for the nest on Hornsby Island in BC and the link that I gave is for the nest in Mass.

The Hornsby Iland nest had 2 eggs and one went missing last week and it was questionable that the other egg would hatch.

The nest in Mass. has 2 chicks. Sometimes you have to look closely because they have grey down and can be difficult to see.

Have a good Day

Louise

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

Thanks, Louise.

I just saw the eagle and her nestlings in Massachussets -- NICE!