Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Could it be .... ???

Posted by chickadeedeedee z 6-7 ish Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 9:50

Vespers Sparrow is busy gathering nesting materials this morning. Squirrels were eating pumpkin seeds.

And then .... A Robin! *QUITE* the handsome fellow so I called out to him: "Hi Barry!" All the Robins are now Barry to me. LOL! But this guy ... He stopped his walk through the grass and looked at me.

Hmmmm. "Barry? Is that you???" I then made some sounds (like kissing) I would make when approaching him while he was our guest. Would you believe it? This Robin started to come closer! Ooooooo! Could he actually be OUR Barry!?!?!?!?

(Barry was the Robin who lived in our home for 363 days before being released following his recovery from a car accident.)

"Barry? How nice to see you! Barry is it you?" The Robin ran up to me within 4 ft. and we looked at one another for several minutes. He then gave me a little Robin chuckle and went back to his business.

Now I can't say 100% if it was OUR Barry. Barry was never banded or tagged in any way to identify him after his release to the wild. But ... it would be nice to believe this encounter was with a guest who is now free and happy!

8-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Could it be .... ???

How many other Robins have run "up to me within 4 ft."?!! For several minutes?!!

.....Hope he is continueing his wonderful life!
Did he bring a wife?

Happy spring! S

o

Wow! That is sooooo neat!!
I read a story in Birds and Blooms once where someone had in some way helped a hummingbird. The next year, a hummer came up real close to this person, as if to acknowledge what they had done.
Sounds like this is what Barry did to you yesterday morning!

o

When I read the heading of "Could it be?" I was hoping the ending would be BARRY!!!!

Even if it wasn't the Barry we knew, just the thought brings back such warm feelings. First time I've been in love with a bird.

LOl

o

I hope it was Barry. From your story of his life I too fell in love with him. Sending warm thoughts his way.

Lisa

o

Awwww ......! Thanks!

In my little C3D heart I believe it IS Barry but then again ... I am not exactly objective! :-/

The same handsome fellow has approached me almost daily! He does seem *unusually* friendly!!! His nest is under the roof line of Camp Nappy! 8-)

If it is Barry or his Cousin ... God Bless! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here