Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youreit

Got Link 2??

youreit
18 years ago

Since the other thread is at its limit, I thought another one might be in order.

I actually received this movie via email, but I don't have a place to host it. Hope this link works, because it's hilarious. :D

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Toot Tone

Comments (127)

• semper_fi
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ya just gotta love politicians. I heard on the news today that Texas is trying to pass a bill to allow the blind to hunt!!! I think if this becomes law, the ole' saying that only 2 things come from Texas may no longer hold true because they both would be DEAD from gunshot wounds!

Here is a link that might be useful: Only in America!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

...Texas is trying to pass a bill to allow the blind to hunt!!!
    I think they got the idea from Wisconsin. There the handicapped, including the blind, are permitted to hunt from roadways. Sandy

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

ok. nothing against blind people. nothing against hunting. thoughi may be a treehugger and an animal lover, i feel hunting is a necessity since we have basically destroyed nature's balance. however, i cannot commnet further without cussing on this one. yeesh.

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We all have our limitations, whether big or small, and sometimes, you just have to say, "That's not for me." Or, "No, thanks, I'll hunt with my sighted buddies." :D

I liked the comment in the article about race car driving and how it might not be the next best choice on the list of things blind folks might tackle.

Maybe those X-treme sports kids aren't as extreme as they originally thought. Skateboarding blind...don't give them any ideas! LOL

Brenda

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

I'm far from being a treehugger, but I personally never understood the thrill of that hobby. I means what's the point, unless the thing you're hunting is holding an AK47?!?!

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I, personally, wouldn't care to eat venison, pheasant, duck, etc., any more than I'd want to eat a...well, a pet. To be honest, I just don't like the gamey taste of wildlife. But DH grew up eating stuff like that, so he still enjoys the hunt, as well as the feast. I just complain about the smell. :)

Brenda

Speaking of pets....:)

Dogs, Too, Have a Place on the Internet

Three years ago, when Web designer Ted Rheingold developed an Internet site where people could post their favorite pictures to share with the world, he discovered an interesting phenomenon. It wasn't pictures of people or places that were the most popular. It was pictures of dogs. Thus, Dogster.com was born.

"The philosophy of Dogster is that every dog deserves a web page," said Rheingold, whose hobby has evolved into a big business. "I made a place that people could add photos of their dog and add any kinds of information."

Dogster.com has become incredibly successful. A quarter million human members have created Web sites for 300,000 of their pets. "I had a feeling that really passionate people were going to enjoy the site," said Rheingold. "I had no idea how many there were."

Dogster.com is similar to MySpace.com, but it's for dogs. Visitors to the Web site will find profiles of canines with pictures, the likes and dislikes of individual dogs, and in some cases, the story of the dog's life, as if written by the pooch himself. "It's a dog show. It's a parade of good dogs," said Rheingold. "The photos are always the best photos, the dogs are always on their best behavior. The funniest stories always come out."

On the second floor of a San Francisco office building, Dogster's 14 fulltime employees are encouraged to bring their dogs to work. As a black labrador chases a ball under a table, another dog spreads out on a couch for a stomach rub. "We get to bring our dogs to work, and we just get to look at cute dog and cat pictures all day," said Rheingold. "You can't beat that."

While it is mostly a fun Web site -- a virtual visit with a pet -- there is also a serious side to Dogster.com. When Matthew, a brown and tan chow chow mix ran off the day after Thanksgiving in a north Sacramento neighborhood, immediately those searching for him put a bulletin on the Web site.

"Several people from Dogster have actually responded as far as even Oakland and Vallejo and Folsom and all away across the United States," said Shelli LaMadrid of West Sacramento who helped organize the search.

The web page for Matthew featured several pictures, a map where he was last seen and several contact numbers. Thanks in part to Dogster.com, on December 10, Matthew was found and is in good shape. "Everybody has really been a huge help in trying to locate him," LaMadrid said.

With Dogster.com's success, Rheingold also has launched an accompanying site, Catster.com. But dog lovers will be happy to know, canine contributors greatly outnumber friends of the felines by about four to one. On an average day, 35,000 visits are registered at Dogster.com.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Somebody (I think Jeanner) had posted this link last year in the previous Got Link thread. It is definitely worth reposting. It's still one of my favorites...

Here is a link that might be useful: Got Holiday Lights???

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I still have that video saved on my hard drive! It's definitely my favorite holiday video. I was bummed to see that Miller Lite has "stolen" the idea for one of their commercials. Not too original of them.

Brenda

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

For those of you who are having unusually warm winters so far (not us, with more days of temps into the 20s than I can ever remember having!)....got snow?

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Genuine Colorado Snow Blizzard I and II 2006!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

LOL! People have wayyyyy too much time on their hands. Funny stuff though.

I see on the Bidder's List that some idiot had ordered 5!!! Now that's just being plain greedy (he must HATE school)! One is enough for me. It will be a nice addition to the roller coaster weather we're having here. We're seeing consistent high 50's & low 60's temps the last couple of weeks after it was getting down in the low teens in early December. Riding on a mountain trail when the wind chill is 8 degrees is a chilling experience!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Can somebody explain to me why these guys even bother with helmets?!?!
    {{gwi:167249}}

{{gwi:167250}}

{{gwi:167251}}

{{gwi:167252}}
    Freaky, no?

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ACK!!! What is WRONG with those guys?! LOL

Pic #3...Ummmm, the back tire is...

Pic #4...I'm having a coronary.

The cracks! "Did you hear that?" *grunt, wheelie* "Hear what?"

And the helmet comment was hilarious! They're just not right in the head.

Brenda

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"Pic #3...Ummmm, the back tire is...

....half way between Cliff of Moher, Ireland and HELL!!!

That's just proof that there's a VERY fine line between courage and insanity. Yep, those guys ain't right! I think the reason helmets are used is so that their remains can be easier identified from the fiberglass fragments removed from their buttocks!!!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

OK so not counting sports I watch hardly any TV but this is one show that I really look forward to watching. Saw it for the first time last season and I thought it was OUTSTANDING. Anybody else enjoys the show?

Here is a link that might be useful: 24 (Season 6)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Can somebody explain to me why these guys even bother with helmets?!?!

I think the answer is quite obvious, Semper. If the daylight starts to fade before they finish their trail, they can switch on their HID headlamps and safely finish their awesome ride and make it home.

Was this a trick question?

Mike

BTW: I love the series 24, although 13 was better. :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Mmmmmmmm. Anyone need a Brain Gelatin Mold?

Fill the plastic brain mold with a customized gelatin mix and a few hours later, out pops a life-size, anatomically correct brain. Delicious! Recipe included. LOL!!!

Uhhh, Semper? Maybe better not click on the link below. :-)

C3D

Here is a link that might be useful: Brain Mold

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

That makes me wanna puke my brains out!!! 8-)

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm thinking of the possibilities....haggis, for example. Who needs to eat the real thing when you have this? :D

I stumbled upon the Nothing Important page when looking for pics of the bumblebee bat (4th from the bottom). I could get lost in the rest of the interesting stuff, though!

I received this next tidbit via email...very touching and heartfelt...*sniffle*

I found this wonderful winter poem and thought it might be a comfort to you.
    It was to us, and it's very well written.
    ENJOY!

" WINTER "
    a poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre

{{gwi:167253}}

SH@#!
    It's Cold!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hmmm, i think i have copyrights on that. just kidding! :)
    i said the exact thing several times last night. our january winds are here!

interesting link.

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I think I want to add this to my "when I win the lottery" list. :D

Brenda

San Franciso Bay Setting for New Class of Watercraft

On a crystal clear day on the bay, it appears like a spider skating on ice. And with a handful of invited guests observing from a nearby boat, The Proteus set sail as a new class of ocean-going vessel.

At 100 feet long with a beam of 50 feet, the Wave Adaptive Modular Vessel, or WAM-V as it's called, looks like a contraption out of a science fiction movie. Even inventor Dr. Ugo Conti of El Cerrito says he cannot describe it to anyone. Mounted high above and between two inflatable pontoons is the bridge from where the pilot and co-pilot control the 12-ton boat. Behind the pilothouse is a detachable cargo hold, which can also be converted into living quarters.

During a 45-minute cruise around the San Francisco Bay, its first official public unveiling, Conti said the ship performed perfectly. "It is a completely different motion from another boat. Completely different," he said. "It is a much faster motion because it is so light. So it is really dancing a little bit on the waves."

With a possible payload of 4,000 pounds and a range of 5,000 miles, the new breed of ships could be used for several applications. Conti said oceanic research and emergency search and rescues at sea are two likely uses. The advantages, he said, are the flexible pontoons which, unlike conventional craft, absorb much of the pounding in rough seas, thus providing a smoother ride.

The passenger and captain's cabin is attached to the pontoon with hinges and joints, which provide further cushion. "The motion is not this slow-type of motion with big ship, but it's very fast like a car," Conti said.

The WAM-V's inventor would not divulge what the maximum speed of the vessel is, saying only that they are continuing tests at sea. Nor would he put a price on the project, other than to say it is well below $5 million.

By this summer, Conti hopes to have tests complete. He said he would then like to start marketing the new WAM-V ocean-going vessel.

Here is a link that might be useful: WAM-V

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

don't they look cozy!

Here is a link that might be useful: wavelit.com

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dang, I couldn't see them! I bet they're beautiful!

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hmmm, wonder if you have to download something?

Here is a link that might be useful: home page

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I tried it again just now, FTM, and it looks like they're sleeping. :D Very cozy. I just need to remember to look in on them when they might be a little active in there.

Brenda

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This picture was posted over in the Cali forum today, and I just had to share! Beautiful sculpture (in TX). I want one! :)

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Horse sculpture w/water feature

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

still snoozing! every time i look in, it looks like the same pattern of snowfall. maybe it just snows a lot.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

I laughed my arse off when I read this article. Proof once again that truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction!!!

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG, I read that, Fi guy, and thought, Is this 2007??

When my bro first got out of the Navy, he made the mistake of driving down there, instead of walking. On his way to the boarder and back home, he was pulled over at least 4 times (for questionable reasons), and each time, he had to "donate" something to the police force or else spend some vacation time in jail. The last time, when he had nothing else to give, he was lucky enough to witness a crazy driver skidding past him and the "cop". The officer took off after the other driver, and Brian was home free.

Their new weapons sound like a step up in the world...

Brenda

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Click on the "Consumer Opt-out" link from the site below to find out if any of these dirty, rotten companies have put tracking cookies on your computer. I block all unknown cookies, but most folks don't.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Network Advertising Initiative

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I always take care of our taxes myself, and for those of you who do, as well, there's something new for the 2006 tax year called the telephone tax refund. Just about everyone is eligible, so make sure you get what you're due! No extra forms to fill out, either, if you take the standard amount.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Telephone Tax Refund Q & A

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Holy cruise ships!! This would have been amazing to see. Twenty-seven-foot clearance!

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Queen Mary 2 Goes Under Golden Gate Bridge - Barely

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

This is what happens when Star Trek meets Monty Python???

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

LOL!!!

*~*HOW*~* do you find these things, Semper?!?!?

C3D :-)

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

I reckon it's a gift AND a curse! Mostly the latter though. 8-)

ps: Did you see the lego version of that song? It is one of the recommended videos that shows up on the screen after the Star Trek bit finishes playing. People got wayyyyy too much time on their hand to make that work. Pretty funny though.

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

I *DID* see the lego version a while ago. LOL! That was a good one too.

Too much time on my hands, C3D :-)

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nah, Chicka! You've got DSL, I bet, so you're not wasting much time. I wish I had more time to view all of the video links posted! I just know I'm missing something earth-shattering. LOL

The link below will probably take a little time, even with DSL, if you want to see how your job might be killing you. :D

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Age-o-Matic from Career Builder

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Nope Brenda,

I gots dial-up. I just start to load the video and go off to do something else and get back to the 'puter.

LOL! Great link! :-)

C3D

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

For those of the forum members who have crabs.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Crabbage Patch

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

lmao! care to rephrase that, chicka? (thanks, i needed that)

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL! Oooo, they can be pets?! I can't believe I think they're cute....LOL

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Awww. FTM, we have crabs. Eight Hermit Crabs at the last official census. But that isn't a guarantee there are still *ONLY* eight. They may **MAGICALLY** increase in population like the koi have been known to do here. LOL!

They are very cool pets.

I woke VERY early one Sunday morning to the sound of something tapping on glass. What the heck!?!?!? I turned the lights on and went in search of the source of the noise. I bet you folks anything you would never guess what was making the noise!

>

>

>

>

>

>

In the 55 gallon terrarium is one of the Hermit Crabs doing a very fine impersonation of Tarzan swinging through his jungle. He had climbed up into the live palm tree and was swinging back and forth hitting the side of the terrarium with his shell. At first I thought he was stuck somehow but no ... He seemed to be swinging just for fun. The other HCs were doing what they usually do at night ... quietly. LOL!!!

Hermit Crabs are relaxing!

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG, that's hilarious, Chicka!! And so cute! I could just hear him (if I had a HC hearing device), "Wheeeeeee!"

Brenda

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just read about this today, and I found one of the "2111" jars in my cupboard!

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: CDC tracks peanut butter contamination

• Ima_Celery
    17 years ago

Not for Girlie Men.

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Holy refreshments! The warning is a real head scratcher...I thought we were ALL sinners! According to some, anyway. :D

"Warning to sinners: If you are a sinner or evil in nature, this product may cause burning, intense heat, sweating, skin irritations, rashes, itchiness, vomiting, bloodshot and watery eyes, pale skin color, and oral irritations."

Here is a link that might be useful: Holy Drinking Water

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

this is cool

Here is a link that might be useful: buy tshirt, donate to charity

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Hairball Bowling anyone?

Here is a link that might be useful: UpChucky Bowling Game

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

I managed to cough up a 114.

The geniuses at a local radio station and Six Flags over Georgia decided it would be good idea to have a promotion one day last week where everyone would get in for free between 6am-9am. This happened to be Spring Break for most schools around here. Reportedly there were THOUSANDS of parents too cheap to pay for the price of admission who started getting there as early as 2:00am. Soon, traffic was completely grid-locked for all the surrounding interstates and surface streets. Some "Parents" were dropping off their kids on the interstate before dawn hours (ie. in near complete darkness) and let them walk the rest of the way. Nice, no?!

If this hadn't happen right here, I would've thought it was all made up. Reminds me of the WKRP in Cincinnati episode where they do a promotion for the station for Thanksgiving!!! Seemed like a GREAT idea at the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thanksgiving Turkey Drop

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

Silly, but addictive game.

My high score = 1218.2

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

On Sun, Jan 14, 07 at 9:00, I wrote:

"OK so not counting sports I watch hardly any TV but this is one show that I really look forward to watching. Saw it for the first time last season and I thought it was OUTSTANDING. Anybody else enjoys the show?"

ALRIGHT! Forget what I said 5 months ago. I don't know which one was a fluke... this SUCKY season or last GREAT season! I do know one thing.... I won't be wasting my time with that CRAP again.

Here is a link that might be useful: 24 (Season 6) in a nutshell