Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want to make a fountain

Posted by ggschmerl 5 Michigan (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 6, 06 at 11:44

Hello. I'm not sure where I should be posting this inquiry, so I thought I'd start here.
I want to make my own fountain. To buy one is horribly expensive. I've been looking at them for three years now.

I understand making your own can be quite easy to do. I'm thinking of making one with planter pots and I'm going to have it sit on my deck in a lounge/relaxation area, so I don't want something tabletop.
I've searched on line for some directions, step by step, but am not having much luck thus far. My 16 YO son and I will be the ones making it, so it's can't be too complicated.
Does anyone know where I can get some good directions for this project?

Thanks much.

Mindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want to make a fountain

• Posted by lefd05 z5/6 westCO (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 6, 06 at 12:06

Try Better Homes and Gardens website.

They have a slide show on there of different fountains with instructions on how to make them.

It is very easy to do. It can sometimes be a little pricey putting all the components together but usually still less espensive than buying something premade. Use your imagination and you can find things you may already have around the house to build your fountain.

Here is a link that might be useful: BHG Fountain slide show

o

Mindy, you may want to consider posting your question in the Pond Discussions Forum instead of here in the Conversations section. That section receives considerably more traffic and should offer you some additional help.

Good luck,
-Mark

Hmmmm.... Mark / Mindy.... Nanoo, Nannooo! :-)

o

Thank you for referring me to the BHG link. They had some good step by step directions. Just what I needed.

Mark, you are funny! I used to hear that years ago when Mork and Mindy was popular. I rarely hear it anymore.

Mindy

o

do you have a michael's craft store? they used to have project pages with the stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here