Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need new boots

Posted by zinniachick southwest Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 08 at 11:49

Hi all.

I need a pair of muck boots with a steel shank/arch support. Can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions? I wear LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes now, and they're perfectly what I want except for the flexible rubber sole. I need that same rubber bottom/leather upper, same nearly non-existent tread to keep from collecting garden mud, but I can't bear the lack of support any more. Yes, I am becoming my gramma.

All the boots out there either have too much tread or too little support, plus they're made to be worn in the arctic, not in the hot summer sun. Halp!

-- Zinnia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need new boots

West Branch Aqua Stealth Wading Boots, Women's

Check out llbean on the above. Don't know much about boots. Don't wear them much in Fl. But these seem like they would be cooler and they say they have good arch support. llbean is a little rich for my blood, except my llbean addition Subaru Outback. But I think they would last a long time. Glenda

o

Muck boot store. The riding style has little tread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Muck Boots Online

o

You want steel, eh? Pffff...... too easy:

They'll look PERFECT on JU! ;-)

o

LOL! Thanks for the chuckle Semper! Sarah

o

Those are lovely, Semper, but they would be Cleveland BROWN after a few minutes in my garden.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll check them out. I think I have seen that muck boots store and the riding boots -- will give them another look.

o

ZC, can you get support insoles to put in them?

o

Yeah, I tried that. It seems that insoles that would provide enough support will cost as much as new boots, so I thought I'd shop around before having insoles made. Thanks, though.

o

Hey Comettose -- I got the short riding boots -- the Brit Middie -- and I like 'em! They may be a little hot, but at this point I'll settle for that. They feel great. Thanks again for the tip.

-- Zinnia

o

Z-Chick - I like those. Unfortunately anything waterproof is going to be a bit hot in summer, but at least your feet won't be wet and you can rinse them off easily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here