Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

Enough Already!!!

sheepco
16 years ago

It was supposed to get to 45 and be partly cloudy today :(

An hour ago there was grass out there...

{{gwi:167436}}

{{gwi:167439}}

I was hoping to do some rock work this weekend.

I've had enough! Can't we get a little spring here please?

Comments (23)

• goodkarma_
    16 years ago

Sheesh!!!!! Spring is so late and I am feeling the frustration too. Beautiful pics though.

Lisa

• youreit
    16 years ago

Awww, Sarah, that sucks! Is the weather supposed to clear up for you on the weekend? I sure hope so!

I was going to post a picture of my blooming yard, but...that would be kicking you when you're down. :D

Brenda

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm feeling better today, the sun is out, it's 48, and all that white stuff is gone. I can even see some of my big, fat goldies in the murky depths of the pond!

Go ahead Brenda, kick me please. I want to see something blooming!

S

• catherinet
    16 years ago

I'm sorry about all the cold Sarah.......but those pictures are lovely. It almost looks like you took them with black and white film, except that I see some yellow. How cool they are!
    Do you have an daffodils poking up?

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No, nothing poking up yet, though I haven't cleaned off any beds yet, I'm sure the hostas are starting to fight their way up thru last years leaves. Another project for the next warm day......may there actually be one...sigh.

• comettose
    16 years ago

Think of it as a slow drip irrigation system that will benefit the plants and soil.

You want to see something blooming. These cherry blossoms and crocus should tide you over for a few weeks more. I really cannot imagine living in Zone 4. You've got to be tough for that I think. I love snow but I don't feel like dealing with the downside of it anymore, but it sure is beautiful.

{{gwi:167441}}

{{gwi:167443}}

• catherinet
    16 years ago

comettose,
    What's that pink flower in the middle of the crocuses?

• youreit
    16 years ago

Ooo, those are pretty pics, CT! I'm so glad to hear the sun came out for you, Sarah. It was 76F here yesterday, and I was sweating in the garden! Yikes!

Here's a little area in my yard I like to call my symphony. This year, everything really came together at bloom time, and I didn't even plan it! :D

{{gwi:167444}}

And my California buckeye has its first bud since I planted it about 5 years ago! It's at the very top, like an angel at the top of a Christmas tree. :) *happy dance* It was worth the wait.

{{gwi:167445}}

Brenda

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhh.............Thank you both from the bottom of my frosty heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah (with huge smile)

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Hmmmmmm..... Some people have green *very* pretty stuff!

Then there's the other side of things ...

~Welcome to Camp Swampy!~

This.... {{gwi:167446}}

..... became this when the snow melted .... {{gwi:167447}}

This was Lake Erie on Easter this year .... {{gwi:167448}}

I know your pain, Sarah but I'd rather have the snow than the swamp and mud!

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

But we manage to have fun ...
    {{gwi:167449}}

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, my dogs would LOVE that swamp! Body surfing in the back yard! Yipee!

• youreit
    16 years ago

What a nice Irish lad you have there, Chicka! LOL Luck o' the melt-off to ya, lassie! Yikes, that's a LOT of wet stuff! And it looks so pretty when it's semi-solid....

Brenda

• comettose
    16 years ago

"comettose,
    What's that pink flower in the middle of the crocuses?"

It is a pansy.

Oh my - that swamp is horrible. White furniture - muddy dog feet. Oh my.

Glad the photos cheered you up Sarah. It won't be long and you can dazzle us with your lovely photos!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

My pond turned green. It's 65degrees out there right now. Guess I'll start the UV and see if the fish are under there. Sandy

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, maybe I CAN wait for that, lol. Won't be long I guess. Sarah

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

We have algae growing in the standing water that covers the rotting lawn. Does that count as "greening-up"?

About the only thing that ISN'T muddy is the furniture. The dogs and cats only go into the living room and dining room on Christmas. Otherwise that part of the home is closed off to them.

We picked up the remains of what the doggies have been doing over the winter but was hidden by snow. Six chewed and destroyed bird feeders, two chewed and destroyed lawn sprinkler thingies, five partial remains ... (a stump attached to some roots that were yanked out of the ground and taken for a walk)... of trees or bushes we planted last fall including at least three Japanese Maples and one azalea. Don't know what the other plants are / were. There was a net I was using as a trellis for a Passion Flower Vines but ... well, gotta get a new trellis.

Hope baby Roscoe doesn't get the gardening bug like our Daisy!

Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing ...!

• youreit
    16 years ago

Ohhhh, geeze. There WAS a calla planted in the area where DH built Roscoe's kennel. May it rest in pieces...

At least I have 2 others in the front garden, which is off limits to the little darling. I would be crying over the loss of 3 Japanese maples...or any of my Salvias! :D

Brenda

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

The garden at the side of the garage and halfway to the street has snowdrops blooming in great masses of white. It is so lovely it almost distracts you from the mud the critters and wind have uncovered. When I start turning the soil this spring I will find the bulbs in large numbers that I try to move to another part of the yard, but only a few make it. I want to see them out of the kitchen window. Sandy

• jeanner
    16 years ago

Just wanted to "drop" in and say how much I enjoyed everyone's pictures - even the snow ones! It is nice to see the cheerful colors of the crocus and blooming cherry tree and even the green snowman. Brenda, you couldn't do any better if you had planned it - gorgeous!

We've had a very wet, cool spring so far. We just started greening up this week (but snow showers forecasted on Sunday). My dafs are finally up and blooming as is the forsythia. I had five minutes to get this picture between downpours - this is a small clearing in the woods, the swing looks out over the ravine (at least it used too - now it's hard to see the forest for the trees)...

{{gwi:167450}}

Sorry I haven't been around much, been very busy and too tired to post. And another couple of weeks before things settle down for me :^(.

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Jeanner!
    Nice to have you pop in, sorry you're so busy. And thanks for the photo, makes me smile! Woke up to 6" of snow this morning :(, but it'll be gone by Sunday :)
    Sarah

• youreit
    16 years ago

Jean, when you're finally done with all of the busy-ness, I think you need a drop-top convertible over that swing so you can sit down and enjoy your absolutely beautiful forest clearing - whether it's raining or not. :) It sounds like you could use a month of daffodils right about now.

Can't wait to have you back posting regularly! We miss you! :)

Brenda

• comettose
    16 years ago

Beautiful forest clearing Jean. A perfect place to relax and enjoy nature. Your redbuds should be next. I remember a photo you posted of them frosted by a late snow.

See you back soon. Take care, CT