4 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger

1 Tsp. salt

4 Tbsp. honey

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 Tsp. baking soda

1 Tsp. ground cloves

1/2 cup raisins

Directions

In a med. bowl combine the molasses, honey, water and oil. In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Stir this gently into the molasses mixture. Make sure to mix well with a wooden spoon. Divide this dough into four.

Make each piece into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-5 hours. Next preheat oven to 200° F. Grease two cookie sheets. Roll out dough on floured surface. Cut dough with cookie cutter.

Bake 10-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.

Makes 24.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Peanut Butter Doggy Biscuits

1 cup peanut butter

1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 Tbsp. baking powder

1/2 Tsp. salt

3/4 cup cold milk

Combine the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add milk and peanut butter and stir to form a dough. Roll out the dough to 1/2" thickness. Cut dough with cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until brown.

Makes 42 cookies.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kitty Catnip Cookies

1-1/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/4 cup soy flour

1/4 cup water

1 egg

2 Tbsp. wheat germ

2 Tbsp. molasses

2 Tbsp. margarine

1 Tsp. organic catnip

Directions

Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl combine all the above ingredients. Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll out batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Score into 1/2" pieces.

Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and break into pieces.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
===================**==================

Someone gave me these and others last week. We haven't made them yet but will this week.

Anyone have some recipes they have tried?

C3D

Comments (10)

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"Anyone have some recipes they have tried?"

(Doing my best Arnold Horshack impression)

Ooooo! Ooooooooo! Ouuuu! Here's an original family recipe:

1- jigsaw puzzle piece

Drop key ingredient on the floor and serve at room temperature to the first passing pup. It's a GREAT treat.... or so they think.

NEXT....

• jeanner
    16 years ago

I'm afraid all I have are suet recipes :^). The standing joke in the family is that the birds get fed better than the humans.

But I think I just might have to try the kitty catnip cookies .... something tells me I will have two helpers though!

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Semper. I, Miss CleOH, knew you could offer a great recipe. Ya know, that puzzle piece serving can also be used for cats. Generally they chew it more than the fast running pup leaving 1300 pin holes in that one key piece.

You have a suet recipe, Jeanner? With all the feeding hoards we have at Camp Nappy, I sure could use those!

C3D

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Braided Seed Wreath for Birdies

1 lb. frozen bread dough
    peanut butter
    wild birdseed

Directions

Roll out dough into a 30 inch rope. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into thirds lengthwise and braid. Place braided dough on greased baking sheet. Form a circle and seal edges by pinching together. Cover with clean towel and let rise one hour or until double in size.

Bake at 350° F for 20-30 minutes or until brown. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool. Spread peanut butter on top of the wreath and sprinkle with birdseed.

Hang outside for the birds to enjoy.

• youreit
    16 years ago

VERY timely recipes, Chicka! My folks' pug, Malone, is on a diet (he's down 5 lbs. from 28, YIPPEE!), and NO MORE human food for him! (I'VE been telling Mom that for years, but it takes a stern vet to get the point across, I guess....) Mom's been giving him a bit of small-sized dry food as a between meal snack, but I think he would LOVE some of these healthy goodies! He also just had 8 teeth pulled, so not sure how well he'd do gumming hard biscuits....LOL

I hear puzzle pieces are high in fiber, too, not unlike those cardboard wrapping paper tubes! :D

Brenda

• isis_nebthet
    16 years ago

One tub of chicken livers hidden about to keep it interesting

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here ju are Mr. Malone...

Puggy Rice Cakes :-)

2 cups cooked rice
    4 Tbsp. corn oil
    2 Tbsp. baking powder
    6 egg whites
    2 cups low fat milk
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 Tsp. salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 200° F. Line 36 muffin tins with paper liners. In a large mixing bowl combine rice, milk and oil. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into mixture. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir 1/3 of whites into the batter then fold in the rest of the egg whites. Mixture will be thin after doing this. Put batter into muffin tins with a spoon.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until muffins are light and puffy.

Makes 36 doggy rice cakes.

• youreit
    16 years ago

You're so sweet, Chicka! Unfortunately, Pugsy Malone is allergic to rice. LOL!!! Figures, huh?

It's ok. He's learning the fine art of funky shui, a.k.a., practicing self restraint whenever human food is being prepared. He's at step 2, where yelling at Master gets one nowhere in this dog-eat-whatever-he-wants world. :D

Brenda

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

{{gwi:167681}}

Dang Devil Dogs!

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL!! Looks like that TV commercial for paint colors where it shows missing parts of nature....

Brenda

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County