Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

What's wrong with this picture?

sheepco
17 years ago

{{gwi:167749}}

Absolutely nothing! Doesn't EVERYONE have a lamb and root-bound pond plants waiting to be repotted in THEIR laundry room sink???

Poor little guy got pretty chilled and hungry when his mama decided to take a break from motherhood this morning (she's been sort of iffy all along, likes him ok but doesn't want him to nurse very often). So since it's snowing again, in he comes to the sink with rugs and 2 big hot water bottles to warm him up. Fed him some warm milk replacer and now he's snoozing.

Meanwhile the dormant dwarf papyrus and the root-bound canna add such a tropical touch to the photo...

Add a kitchen full of muddy paw prints and you've got the story of my life...never a dull moment!

Happy Tuesday.

Comments (17)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Awwwwww! How sweet! :-) That is ONE thing we have not had here at Camp Nappy, a lamb in the sink. Frogs, toads, fish, ring-billed gulls in the bathtub but no lamb.

Need to put that on the shopping list.

The plants *are* a very nice touch.

C3D

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We could fix that CD3, and you & Mike could toss the lawn mower out later when you turn him loose in the yard. 'course you can forget about flowers, but they don't like pond plants, he could leave them for Daisy :)

LOL, just had a mental picture of Daisy meeting up with a lamb in her backyard for the first time!!

Woof!...Woof?...What is it? Can I play with it? Ohhh, it smells good. Look! it moves! Oh, I reeaallyyy want to play with it! Wow! ("Baaahhh") OMG! What was that? It needs help! We gotta save it Mom!

I can just see her herding a lamb around the yard to keep it safe from the all the evil lurking there :)

Hmmmm...maybe she just needs a lamb to keep her busy and she'll leave the rest of the yard alone? ............ Nawh, just wishful thinking...she's a busy girl. Very lovable, but busy:)

Better than Kate, she's banished from the laundry room after I turned my back for a second and she tried to pull him out of the sink by his ear!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

so, when does little lamb start to graze? :)

you, my dear, are a woman after my own heart!

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

O Sarah! What a lovely event. I so want a little lamb in my sink now!

How come my life seems so dull all of a sudden?

The only thing I've had in my sink lately (other than dishes) was the aphid plants from the indoor pond area. They had a really good crop when I was away in California, and I harvested most of them last Saturday.

:) Mary

*So, Sarah... what do you for a hobby? Like, when there's nothing to do around your place? *giggle*

• youreit
    17 years ago

Awwww, tho, tho pwethuth!! And he's closer to face-level, which means more kisses for ME! That is, if I had a lamb in my sink. "No, dear, that's not code-talk for anything...."

LOL @ the image of Daisy and Sinky! I'd pay double to see that.

That poor lamb would get NO sleep in my house. "Bren, leave the little guy alone." "Just one more ni-ni kiss!"

Brenda

• lefd05
    17 years ago

That picture is so cute!! I love baby lambs. When DH and I first got married we rented a place from a rancher that raised sheep. In the spring I would go out in the field and pickup the bummers and bring them up to the house and get them warmed up and fed. He wouldn't do it, he just let them lay there and die and I couldn't stand that. I ended up keeping one of them. No matter what we tried she wouldn't go back with the herd. She actually thought she was one of the dogs. She became a pet and we had her for 12 years.

• comettose
    17 years ago

I want a lamb now too! Feed him from a bottle and name him Snoodler.

lefd05 - that is what I would do. We are not allowed to have domestic animals so I would have to tell my neighbors it was a cross between a Bedlington Terrier and a Commodore (not sure if they would fall for it, but worth a try)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

LOL @ Daisy herding lamb! :-)

OMG ... She is crazy enough! Thanks for the cyber kick in the head to bring me to my senses. We are *SERIOUSLY* thinking of getting a German Shepherd puppy but kinda/sorta hesitate because we KNOW Daisy will corrupt the young puppy mind and possibly make her crazy too. The new puppy would never stand a chance!

OUCH! Getting pulled from your comfy bed by the ear! :-)

3DChick

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Barnyard animals in the sink - you gotta love that!

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lamb update - By 9pm last night he was standing in the sink being fed another bottle, so I popped him into Kate's crate for the night. This morning he was bellering at 6am that he was warm and STARVING, so back out to the barn he went to his momma (in a smaller pen so I can hold her still while he nurses). Got out the pail with nipples tonight and in a day or two he'll be hooked on the bottle and I can turn them out again 'cause he'll come running when I call and bring the pail.

Charlotte had twins today - last one to lamb.

Hobby? Chat on the pond forum of course ;) No time for aphid picking.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

I remember trying to feed a lamb a bottle when I was a kid. I was knocked off my feet and the lamb tried to get the nipple on the bottle but got my fingers instead. It took two adults to rescue me. Lamb 2, Sandy 0. The next time my aunt had me on one side of a metal fence and the lamb on the other side. Better, but it still took two hands to hold onto the bottle. Maybe Daisy does need a lamb or a pigmy goat. Sandy

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Congratulations to Charlotte for having twins! :-)

Mike thinks Daisy needs a miniature donkey but that is a whole other story!

• youreit
    17 years ago

My name ees Juan Mario Corona Valdez, and I am the wild ass for chu, Daisy!

{{gwi:167750}}

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

{{gwi:167752}}
    :-)

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG! You've both lost it! LMAO!

And, while having a lamb in the sink is cute, do you all know how much they poop in just a few hours? Be careful what you wish for.........

(Still shaking my head thinking of Daisy and la petite burro...)

Never mind, we've all lost it. If we can't do some serious gardening soon the guys in the white coats won't know which state to hit first.
    Sarah

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

OK. C'mmon Mike. Sarah says we need to start burro-ing in the garden.
    :-)

• comettose
    17 years ago

LMAO at all of you! Very entertaining - thank chu!

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider