Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herb - the cat that thinks he's a lamb...

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 28, 06 at 21:06

Well I haven't been able to get a picture of the great games of lamb tag yet, but here's Herb getting some coaching...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herb - the cat that thinks he's a lamb...

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 29, 06 at 10:28

That's about the cutest thing I've seen in a LONG time, Sarah! Herb is a good ol' big'un with a little lamb lovin' on his mind, I see. LOL

Brenda

o

• Posted by bonz WI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 30, 06 at 23:24

What a darling picture, Sarah. Those babies are sooooo sweet looking, and look so soft, too! Herb looks like he's a pretty big boy!

o

Herb is Grand PoohBah of the farm - hunter, sentry, and king. The only thing he stays away from are the dogs - WELL beneath his dignity, but he errs on the side of caution. (Actually they have chased him up the ocassional tree, but only when he wasn't paying attention!) He LIVES for his lambs. Coaxes, cuddles and plays with them. It is his purpose in life :) I have seen him curled up under a heat lamp with newborn lambs, stretched out in the hay bunk watching over his flock, and napping on a ewes back in the pasture on a frosty morning. He's a good mouser - keeps the feed safe from rodents. Rarely gets a bird or bunny. He's well vaccinated and I feed him well, I don't believe the old wives tale that good mousers are always hungry. But he's actually a compact cat - only about 10#. A great cat for the tiny cold kitty I found mouthing off (loudly) under a bush at work during a snowstorm!
Thanks for looking, Sarah

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 2, 06 at 13:06

That is one amazing cat, Sarah. How old is he?

I wish my cat tolerated ANY other animal, let alone sheep. Or even goats would be fun! LOL

Brenda

o

how precious. of course he likes lamb snuggles. they are made of nice warm wool. :)

anyone else get the urge to pat those rumps?

o

Sarah, can you clone Herb?

I'm not normally much of a "cat person," but I've just GOTTA have me a "Herb." He just seems TOO COOL! I bet even he and Tater Tot would get along (once he taught Tater Tot to behave himself, lol).

BTW, that lamb lickie, is that what you call a "lamb chop?"

LOVE the picture!
Jeff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here