Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mr. Cardinal. An Update.

Posted by chickadeedeedee z 6-7 ish Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 21:49

In the last few days we have noticed a Cardinal busy in the front garden making a nest in the largest Blue Atlas Cedar. Both Mike and I have looked at the male. We have watched through binoculars. We have watched him building his family home. Both Mike and I are 99.13% sure this new home builder is *OUR* Mr. Cardinal. We believe he is the one and the same bird we had in our home for five months last year as he recovered from a run-in with an automobile.

Of course there is no 100% proof that he is indeed *our* Mr. Cardinal but his colouration is identical to that of the one we remember as our guest. How wonderful that would be that his incarceration last year has been rewarded by a family in his future.

How wonderful for everyone here, if it is *our* Cardinal or not, that there soon will be more bright red birds with pointy heads to grace our community. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mr. Cardinal. An Update.

Whether it is THE one or not dosen't really matter. I believe it is and if not, I think he chose your yard and your tree because he recognized it as a hospitible place to set up house-keeping. With lots of feeders with food and trees in which to perch. I think he feels it is a safe place to be..Glenda

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 12, 08 at 9:48

Oh, Chicka, that's so wonderful! I hope he proliferates his little heart out this year! :D

Dibs on one of the babies! LOL

Brenda

o

I just found out how to protect the feeders from the squirrels. I got a new double shepards crook from Tractor Supply and have only had time to put one feeder on it. I can see it from here and the squirrels are having fits. They are hanging on to the small redbud and trying to grab on to the crook and it just keeps sliding out of their paws. Its hilarious! Up until now they have done in every feeder I put out. Sandy

o

Now, what are the poor squirrels going to eat? Are you going to make them their own feeders?? Glenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here