Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeedeedee

A Toxic Update

chickadeedeedee
16 years ago

Well crap! She's still next door! Over the years this next door neighbour has killed our plants by spraying brush killer on OUR property, poisoned our wildlife pond, cut our bushes, thrown her yard cuttings over our fence and into our yard, actually cut our chain link fencing in at least 7 places ......

Last year climbed on the top rail of our chain link fence and added 4 additional feet in height to prevent her from tossing her yard clippings into our garden. The fence is four feet high and I added additional protection in the form of vinyl coated garden fencing. I put a good 15-20 ft. of fence along the top of our existing fence.
~SIGH~

Yesterday I went outside and almost went into shock when I saw that the addition I had made last year was GONE! It had not just fallen down ... The fencing and the support poles I attached were gone along with the NO TRESPASSING sign!

When were they removed? I have no idea. I spent almost 3 hours putting up new fencing that is better attached, better reinforced and even higher! There is also a nice new NO TRESPASSING in bold red letters on a black background posted and attached high on the new section of fence.

I have not actually seen the Toxic One for months and months. Again ... no proof / pictures of her taking the fence down ... but who else?!?!? Again, can't bother the police with this because no proof of who did it.

But we remain on the look-out because it is not only spring here, it is Toxic Neighbour Season. And so our encounters continue.

Comments (16)

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I had wondered what had happened, but stupidly thought no news was good news.

Wouldn't you want to inform the police just so the VANDALISM / STOLEN PROPERTY is on record? Might help if there's a future incidence. Get before and after pix of your efforts for the future too....bummer....

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"I have not actually seen the Toxic One for months and months. Again ... no proof / pictures of her taking the fence down ... but who else?!?!? "

Ladies and gentlemen of the Jury, I present to you {{gwi:165836}}?!?!

The prosecution rests their case. :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If it please the court, Your Honor, LOL!!!

The Prosecution's "Exibit A" looks suspiciously like our own angelic fuzzy hearted, Daisy. Ladies and gentlemen of the Jury, do we look like people who would antagonize the Toxic One?

{{gwi:167859}}

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We have taken before and after pics and ~sigh~ did tell another neighbor who is a police officer.

Mmmmmmmmigraine pills! :-)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Cripes! She must have gone off of her medication. Quiet for months, then a sudden burst of manic energy. I applaud your turnabout, though! Fight fire with fire! Get 'er, Daisy, get 'er, girl! LOL

Too bad you couldn't put up a Toxic Neighbor Scarecrow/Water Cannon. I'm considering one of those, since I scared the new neighbor's son away while he was trying to syphon diesel out of DH's truck. The idiot left the gas can behind. I loved it when the nice neighbor lady shouted at him while he was walking by (later that day), "Hey, did you lose a gas can?" LOL

Get 'im, Daisy, get 'im, girl! :D

Brenda

• comettose
    16 years ago

How bout' an electric fence replacement? Let her touch that one.

• horton
    16 years ago

Un-%*^!%$#believable!
    We at the RCG, can have the engines running within three or four days and do a straffing run over the 'abnoxious ones' lair, just say the word. [With three days notice, if yous please!]
    Seriously Chickaricka-doodledoo, I cannot believe the crazy spiteful things that people will do to each other.
    Man oh man, I would have difficulty holding myself back!
    Sorry to read about this latest test to your sanity.
    "Horton"

• scottspond
    16 years ago

Now, who was it that cultivated the poison ivy? Maybe plant that all over the fence. A sprinkler system with a laser sensor that when the beam is broke, a sudden gulley washer starts.

Semper, long time, no see.

Scott

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"We have taken before and after pics and ~sigh~ did tell another neighbor who is a police officer. "

Yeah but it's hard to take you two seriously with that face paint on! :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

face paint...... ?????????????

Whatcha talking about Semper? :-)

LOL! x 13 at all the suggestions to keep the Toxic One away! I am the stupid person who tried to transplant a poison ivy with great care and the plant died! LOL! Thanks so much for all the suggestions! Someone at another site suggested a type of paint that never dries! When the Toxic One does something again on our fence, she would have a permanent paint on her! Hmmmmmm! We are going to look for that product tomorrow! :-)

We did see a fly-over of the RCGoosi this morning. No doubt a warning flight. Thanks to our Canadian friends!!! :-)

~~SIGH~~ We here at Camp Nappy have so much to be happy about ... the Toxic One won't even make a dent in it no matter what she does! I think she hibernated during winter and now needs to inflict herself on us. That seems to be the pattern. A spring assault and then a late summer or fall assault.

We *do* worry about our crazy Daisy. Bosco would never eat something thrown into the yard. Daisy eats EVERYTHING! We do hope the Toxic One does not toss any kind of "poisoned bait" over the fence and harm our Daisy. :-( There has never been a hint of such activities but the neighbour is very unstable so who knows?????

Letchaknow if anything else happens.

The 3D Chick

• youreit
    16 years ago

Cripes, now I have to worry about a possible attack on Daisy! Which I'm sure will never happen...if the Toxic One knows what's good for her.

LOL, though, @ everyone's suggestions & comments! I'd love to line the top and her side of the fence with bear traps...but I'm still worried about Daisy, so I can't be held responsible. :D

Brenda

For your consideration (which I'm sure you've already done :D) -

Neighbors From Hell

Annoying Neighbors

Why I Hate My Neighbour (Language warning - not because it's "Canadian", but because it's naughty :D)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

Boy, bad neighbors come in all shapes and sizes and preferred obnoxious behavior don't they. We live in a nice neighborhood with a good mix but the house next to us has a history of residents who make NOISE. I have been able to close most of it out but the man (let's call him Mr. X) who lives in the next house over has been forced to put his house up for sale. The last family (all girls) didn't speak, they screamed. When they were in the pool the noise increased to unbeievable levels with a boombox blaring and it went on for hours right next to his bedroom and living room windows. Mr. X, who's worst fault seems to be a bit of OC syndrome tried every way he could to get them to quiet down. Maybe he went too far yelling at the girls and the parents called the police on him. This went on for months. Finally the family moved. Hooray!!! The new family moved in and guess what! They have two cute pups who bark almost continuously and charge the fence anytime they see you or when a squirrel or chipper appears, etc. Mr. X filed a complaint but a few days later, his house was empty. It went up for sale a few weeks ago. I wonder if I will be the next complainer. It really is frustrating but with the example of your toxic neighbor I doubt it would do any good. Sandy

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! If I had the time I'd probably join the Neighbours From Hell forum and tell them of our years of Toxic encounters starting with the husband who was taking photographs of me when I was gardening! Ewwww!

We had a delightful Toxic free day today. Mike was planning a new Daisy Water Park, uhh I mean, Daisy Foot Bath, uhhh, koi pond! Yeah that's what he's calling it. A koi pond! He was trying out different shapes with a length of garden hose and I was blissfully attaching new lengths of willow screening to the fence as both a visual and physical barricade.

"Oh Daisy! What are you doing?!?!?"

She had found a pond basket and had it in the middle of the yard.

"Good girl! We had been looking for that! Never thought to look in the wildlife pond! Good girl! Now tell us where the lily that used to be in the basket is now."

No. We did not find it. I attached the hose back together and was going to clean out the fountain and bird baths only to discover Daisy had made the hose into a sprinkler system. When did she have time? She was playing, chasing the squirrels up the trees, barking at a butterfly in the other neighbour's yard, standing in the empty preformed ponds from last year...

C3D
  • semper_fi
    16 years ago

"face paint...... ?????????????
    Whatcha talking about Semper?

Now is what I'm talking about. Look like THAT and your neighbor won't mess wit' you. I garonteee it! LOL!

Why do I get the feeling that the latest addition to the Camp Nappy Resort and Entertainment Center and Birdie Bed & Breakfast might look something like {{gwi:167857}}?!?!?! :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That is frightening Mr. Semper. Our photo was an example of what all the fans of the non-French WC team looked like.
    A RAH pond ?

Needs trains around it. Maybe a bike path? Oh the possibilities! Oh the planning! :-) x 13

LOL! I thought you were talking about the latest LIVE CNR&ECBB&B addition who now says: RAH!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

Might I suggest a structure that combines a rock climbing feature and a parachute jump? A shooting range could be handy as well. :) Sandy