Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To Sarah and dog lovers everywhere.

Posted by sleeplessinftwayne z4-5 IND (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 07 at 23:38

I had the company of a new MG intern at the phone response center today. We had only one call in 3 hours so we spent the time chatting and doing research. The talking included dogs for some reason and the newby was reminded of a story he came across recently. It seems that dogs are very popular in Japan, with poodles in particular being in great demand. A price of $3200 is common. A dealer in Australia offered Poodles for $1600 and sold almost 2000 of them before the scam was uncovered. A proud new owner took her poodle to the Vet because it was not eating and to have it's nails trimmed. The Vet informed her that the "dog" had hooves and needed to be fed grasses and clover rather than dog food. :-) Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To Sarah and dog lovers everywhere.

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 07 at 9:18

LOL!! After Googling it, it's hard to determine if the hoax is a scam...or the scam is a hoax! Either way, I'm thinking I wouldn't want to admit I mistook a sheep for a poodle. Doh!

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Poodle scam story a hoax....or....?

o
RE: To Sarah and dog lovers everywhere.

Thanks for my 1st chuckle in a few days! They must have a very odd "WOOF"! LOL

Glad to be back! S

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here