Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well, well, well.

Posted by scottspond (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 30, 09 at 23:51

After all this time, the old timers are still here. hehehehe

How is everyone doing?

I am doing okay for some one unemployed. I had been put in the hospital back in October of 2007. I found out that I have a bad heart valve and must lose weight and take blood thinners to postpone any surgery. I just recently filed for disability and waiting for word from them. I have been drawing unemployment since May 16, 2008 when I was laid off for downsizing. It's a struggle paying bills and there are not many business' hiring around here either. I'm getting a lot done to the pond while I wait though. :o)

The bad thing is, my wife is also unemployed as well.

Happy ponding,
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well, well, well.

Scott, I hope you and the missis outlast this dreadful economy and I hope your health doesn't get worse. It always seems that we get blindsided by life just when we thought things were getting easier. Sandy

o

Hi Scott! A ponder at his best...overcoming the worst. Just keep ponding...Sounds a little like somethin Dory would say. ;)
Prayers and blessing to you and your wife.
Poo

o

Hi Scott old buddy old pal!
And there you are, your typical self, always looking at the bright side. It's much the same as DH said when they told him mandatory unpaid vacation week every quarter: Hey, nice, I'll get some stuff done around the house!

Keep up the chin!

:) Mary

o

I do admit that I miss this place a little. I've seen Sean McKinney and Mucky at AP but not in a while. Have you ladies chased all the other men away? lol I hope everyone is well. I've started repotting my water lilies that haven't been done in 2-3 years. I have a lot of pond related things that I'm catching up on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here