Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Gardening Cat for Pickup Only - Indy Area (Pic Heavy)

ademink
17 years ago

Yes, "cat" really does mean cat! We have a WONDERFUL stray cat that has been our "outdoor kitty" for about 4 months now. We absolutely love him but he needs a home where he can be a lapcat and get a lot of attention. It's not safe for him to live in urban Indy dodging cars, dogs, etc, and we can't take him in (5 indoors already...it's really not as gross as it sounds..LOL).

He is a young black and chocolate brown male - under a year, I'd say - with a wonderful personality. He is great with kids, comes when you call him, loves his belly rubbed, follows literally on your heels while you're in the yard - like a little fluffy dog! When I dig holes in the garden, he gets in and digs with me like we're looking for gold (hilarious!).

He needs to be neutered, needs shots...the works. All of his medical needs (including testing for all things known to cats) can be taken care of at F.A.C.E. clinics in Indy for under $75.00.

This is a WONDERFUL cat and must go to the right home. I don't want him just thrown outside and ignored. He is loving and attentive and needs owners that are the same.

He has very long hair, and is a very long, sleek cat with big fluffy paws. He currently eats Iams food. LOL I think he would do ok in a house w/ other female cats or maybe (?) neutered males....I really don't know. He currently fights w/ the male tomcat in the neighborhood...but they are currently both un-neutered males so that's not a surprise.

I live in Indianapolis and am looking for a local(ish) person only - no shipping. ;)

If you are interested and have question, please email me!!! Please don't be offended if I ask a lot of questions back...I want to find the best, safest home for Kitty Boy and am highly attached to this little fella. :)

Thank you!

Andrea

{{gwi:168329}}

{{gwi:168331}}

{{gwi:168333}}

{{gwi:168337}}

{{gwi:168338}}

{{gwi:168341}}

{{gwi:168343}}

{{gwi:168345}}

{{gwi:168347}}

Comments (22)

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

Boy Howdy. You sure know how to sell a fella. He is one gorgeous kitty.

But I don't think he's my kitty. In fact, he sure looks like YOUR kitty.

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Ahh, Andrea, he is a beauty! I wish I could take him but my cats are already so jealous of each other, I can just imagine what it would do to them if I brought home another.

I do hope you can find a good home for him.

• pondmaninfl
    17 years ago

Looks like Chinese food! Tastes like chicken! :o)

G'day,
    Scott

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok Scott, I'm ignoring you. LOL I'll tell you what tasted like chicken...the baby opossum he eviscerated and left in the back yard last night. :( Sad.

NOoooooo Zinnia, I can't keep him! LOL I've toyed w/ the idea but I don't want an outside cat. Girl, I'll just bring him when DH & I come to visit this summer!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

i am in love! from afar :(
    good luck, andrea.

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

So you're thinking that bad boy can handle these two? Rye brought a full-grown grackle through the dog door the other day. Fish, birds, nothing is safe from his happy jaws.

This is a high-speed chase, the kind where you have to find a wall and hug it until they wind down. Omie is queen of the peripheral vision/quick turn.

{{gwi:168349}}

• youreit
    17 years ago

OMG, I WANT HIM!! The close-up of him with his ears back...Drool City! Oh, and the dozing pics! I'd name him Master (short for Master Gardener) or Emgee! I'd love him and cuddle him...if I only lived in Indy.

*sob*

(LOL!!! @ wall-hugging, crazy dog running!! Like after they go #2...LMAO)

Brenda *still sobbing*

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

#2..rotf....that's hilarious! OMG, what a great pic!!! Nah, I'm not sure he could take all that. hehe

Brenda, I would LOVE for you to have him. I know that you'd love him as obsessively as me!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Did you find a home for the little cutie, Andrea? I miss him already. :(

Brenda

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hehe...you are SO totally my California twin! Supposedly, a guy is interested and going to come for a visit on Sunday. WE'LL SEE. *suspicious eye brought out for a close visual*

Wonder what he'd do if I sniffed his butt....

lmaorotf

• youreit
    17 years ago

LMAO!!! OMG, I would need pics of THAT meeting! "Andrea rubbing face on guy's pant leg"..."Andrea sniffing his..."..."Man running (sorry so blurry)"

Crikey, I saved all of the pics you posted of the little orphan, and I feel like I'm sponsoring a child in a third-world country. I wish I could sponsor him! :D

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

pardon me while i go try to breathe! *gasp, silent laughs, sides hurting* you guys are hilarious!

• youreit
    17 years ago

:D And I just wanted to clarify that I DON'T think Andrea's house is in any way comparable to a third world country. "Brenda inserting foot in mouth"

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

*oohhh, my sides hurt. Me and Fairy*

So, did he show up? Did he smell OK?

:) Mary

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

lmao...hi, this is sally struthers.............

i had to do a change o' plans so it will be this week. i did a plant and yard sale this weekend and i was afraid i might bite him instead of let him see the cat. i am tired and CRABBY

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hmmm, cats do give love bites....

• youreit
    17 years ago

That's what my DH claims Pookie gives him when she attacks, FTM. It couldn't possibly be because he's teasing her.

I'm visualizing a cranky Sally Struthers, and it's not pretty. Hope the sale went well, though, Andrea! Still hoping the guy smells good!

Brenda

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sally truly did NOT age well, did she???? yikes! she kinda looks like she needs a sponsorer of sorts. LOL

• youreit
    17 years ago

Did he take the little man, Andrea?? I had a dream that I was cuddling the darling orphan last night! :)

Brenda

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL...you are a trainwreck, girlfriend! You need to just meet me halfway and take him! hehehe

No, he is in vacation and so hasn't met him yet. *sigh* I'm sooooooooo ready for him to have his own home. Makes me neurotic, saving him from the neighbors dog who wants to kill him, keeping him frome the food-stealing raccoon, etc, etc, etc, etc, blah blah blah lol

• gagee05
    17 years ago

ooh if only i lived closer to you! he sure looks like a mocha to me.i think he would fit in with my troop. they dont live inside with me, they have their own home. yep complete with carpeting, shelves from ikea set at different levels,cat tree, lighting, 20'x10' fenced,covered run,cat toys and a lighted wooden sign, in red, announceing pam's cat house! dh does has a sense of humor. they have a fenced yard for the daytime to frolic in, but for their safety they are put inside at night. they do get plenty of love, my neighbors help see to that.all of my darlings have come to me as strays, i know how hard it is to let go of them sometimes. i had over thirty kitties show up one year, and placed them in homes. that was a crazy time. good luck finding a home, you sure one more wouldn't hurt? tee hee

• youreit
    17 years ago

OMG, Gagee, I would LOVE to see that "cathouse"!! LOL That is amazing, and sounds a little like heaven to me. *sigh* :D

Hey, Andrea, you could use the opportunity of the Indy Monthly story to comment about "this darling garden gnome who needs a good home." And then they'd ask you about your poetry skills....but I can say that I knew you before you were famous. LOL Seriously, would Tuesday night be ok to meet in, oh, let's say, Denver? Wait, Tuesday...bad night, right? ;)

Brenda