Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

Update on me, the baby, the house.....

mamabirrd
16 years ago

Hello ponding friends!

I haven't been around much due to the past 3 mos. of bedrest, among other things. I was out at the pond last night and was thinking of you all. Hope you are enjoying the Spring and having a good 'ol time. I am totally lost, but see that someone got a bench???? I can't wait to hear more about that. And pics, please.

I am still pregnant, and my due date is tomorrow. I have an induction date scheduled for next week, but i'm hoping the little fella' decides to make his way out sooner. Everything is going well at this point, but the baby is getting large and needs to come on out. : )

We just finished the roof work on our new house and we have our window delivery coming today. This is just wonderful for my DH....he has been working so hard and is glad to have the framing complete. I'll attach a link to a thread I just posted over on the "Building a Home" forum if you care to see any pics.

I still don't know when we will get to a point when I can move the fish. I don't have a sight picked out for the new pond yet, so it will be a while.

Well, time to get back outside and start doing something in the gardens. I need to get this labor started......

Have a great day,

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Here is a link that might be useful: Our house construction progress & pics

Comments (8)

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

beautiful dawn! and here is to an easy delivery.

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Thanks for catching us up, it's lovely! Good luck and best wishes for the upcoming event!

• comettose
    16 years ago

Hi Dawn! Wishing you and your family all the best. You have done so much and with a new baby coming too! - where do you find the energy! It will be nice to have the baby on the outside! Take care and remember us for more photos when you feel up to it. -Susan

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

Huddle up Mamabirrd!!! This is it.... the much anticipated two minute warning. For the immediate near future, you are Dermontti Dawson... the awesome center for our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers. Your doctor, of course, is the field general... the QB. All you have to do is snap, toss, and he'll take it from there. Simple, no?! :-)

The house is coming along GREAT. I see you're already planning ahead with a three car garage. He/She will be driving before you know it, so enjoy it while it lasts.

BTW, tried emailing you a while back but the message got bounced. Keep us posted when you get home with the new arrival.

-mark

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you f.t.mother, sheepco, & comet!

And Mark, lololol, i'm crackin' up here! I love the analogy and would have never compared myself to Dermontti....but it makes sense! I'll just keep thinking..."snap...toss....snap....toss" when I get to labor & delivery. ; ) Perfect!

As far as the garage....that's exactly what we were thinking! As much as I hate to think of him being 16 already, I know the time will come when he wants a car, and who knows what other kinds of motorized vehicles to make his Mother crazy.

As soon as I have pics of my little babybirrd i'll be sure to share.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL @ snap, toss! Oh, man, I'd love to see that...or maybe not. LOL

I LOVE your "monstrous chimney", Dawn! I bet it's breathtaking from the inside. Twenty feet! Awesome.

Here's hoping your delivery is so very safe...and SOON! :) Applause for your hard-working hubby, too!

Brenda

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"I'll just keep thinking..."snap...toss....snap....toss" when I get to labor & delivery."

That SHOULD work.... except....if you look up and see that your doctor resembles that fumbling fool Bubby Brister, you MUST call a last second audible: a trick play of sorts.... a direct snap to Misterbirrd! :-)

BTW, if/when you get a chance please drop me an email. I've gotta a ? to ask ju! Gracias.

• grandmapoo
    16 years ago

Dawn, your home is going to be beautiful. Your property is beautiful and so peaceful looking also.
    Good luck with your delivery. I can just see you laying there in labor thinking snap, toss and laughing...snap, toss, "ouch"...snap, toss, "ouch". You may as well go ahead and plan to do a victory dance afterward! ;)

~~~~Poo rubbing Dawn's tummy~~~ And talking to the baby now..."You come out soon for your mommy and remind mommy to post some pictures." :)