Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandmapoo

Bench pictures

grandmapoo
16 years ago

I tried and failed, hopefully this time...

Here is a link that might be useful: Poo's garden and pond pics

Comments (13)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Oh, my goodness, that bench is AWESOME, 'Poo! So beautiful! And those inlays look so professional. Whoever made that sure knows what he's doing. :D

I see some little cutiepies in that album, too. So precious!

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Hi Poo x 3.

That bench looks custom made just for your garden! As Brenda said, AWESOME! The mini-Poos are adorable, in case you had not noticed. :-)

• jeanner
    16 years ago

WOW! Semper does it again! It looks fabulous with the slate walk, a perfect combination. A wonderful memorial.

Thanks for the pictures.

• sockmonkeyz6
    16 years ago

Well I must say, it was worth the wait! Just a fantastic job! I showed my son and he's asking questions about the wood and everything. What an expert benchmaker Mark must be! A perfect pond seat!
    Debbie

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The bench has been moved twice (as you may have noticed in the pics.)
    Everyone that sees it says it's too nice to be a "back of the garden" bench. They were SO right, so I moved it up to the entrance of the garden area. I like it so much more there. One family member even said it should be inside the house. The finish is very professional and it does look a peice of furniture. You can't really see the beuaty of the finish in the pics.

Mark's work is nothing less than professional, as you can even tell in the pics we've all seen of his pond/property. :)

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

Oh Poo! What a lovely bench! What lovely darlings!

You're so blessed!

:) Mary

• sheepco
    16 years ago

The bench AND Poo's 'pride' are just gorgeous! Well done to all!

S

• scottspond
    16 years ago

Not my style of work but it's not bad for an amateur like Mark. :o)

Scott

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

AMATEUR??? After further review, it is clear that's the understatement of the millenium.

Poo3, since the sorry excuse for the inlay is centered within the bench, we as a group must ask you to follow a few simple rules in order to keep the letters symmetrical....

#1: If you end up with any more BEAUTIFUL grandchildren, they MUST come as twins! That way one name can go on each side to continue to name link.

#2: You MUST make sure that the link of their names does not get broken. That means one twin's name must end with 'E' and the other's name must start with 'C'.

Simple, no?! :-)

ps: LOVE the yard.

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL @ amateur!

I think that is so helpful, the way the benchmaker has made it so easy to choose names for future grandkids. He has set a benchMARK for generations to come.

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"benchMARK", LOL!!!

No problem, Mark. I'll just ship the bench back to you with the name of each new grandchild. Then you do the lettering and ship the bench back to me! Is that a deal?
    I guess I should start telling Eric, Annjolee and Elesia about their new Uncle Mark! ;o

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

i initially panicked b/c i didn't see pics :)

very nice- yard and bench! i just love the warm tone, also.

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"Then you do the lettering and ship the bench back to me! Is that a deal?

It's a deal!

Uncle Mark! I like it... :-)