Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bench pictures

Posted by grandmapoo z8 S.Texas (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 07 at 11:40

I tried and failed, hopefully this time...

Here is a link that might be useful: Poo's garden and pond pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bench pictures

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 07 at 12:43

Oh, my goodness, that bench is AWESOME, 'Poo! So beautiful! And those inlays look so professional. Whoever made that sure knows what he's doing. :D

I see some little cutiepies in that album, too. So precious!

Brenda

o

Hi Poo x 3.

That bench looks custom made just for your garden! As Brenda said, AWESOME! The mini-Poos are adorable, in case you had not noticed. :-)

o

WOW! Semper does it again! It looks fabulous with the slate walk, a perfect combination. A wonderful memorial.

Thanks for the pictures.

o

Well I must say, it was worth the wait! Just a fantastic job! I showed my son and he's asking questions about the wood and everything. What an expert benchmaker Mark must be! A perfect pond seat!
Debbie

o

The bench has been moved twice (as you may have noticed in the pics.)
Everyone that sees it says it's too nice to be a "back of the garden" bench. They were SO right, so I moved it up to the entrance of the garden area. I like it so much more there. One family member even said it should be inside the house. The finish is very professional and it does look a peice of furniture. You can't really see the beuaty of the finish in the pics.

Mark's work is nothing less than professional, as you can even tell in the pics we've all seen of his pond/property. :)

o

Oh Poo! What a lovely bench! What lovely darlings!

You're so blessed!

:) Mary

o

The bench AND Poo's 'pride' are just gorgeous! Well done to all!

S

o

Not my style of work but it's not bad for an amateur like Mark. :o)

Scott

o

AMATEUR??? After further review, it is clear that's the understatement of the millenium.

Poo3, since the sorry excuse for the inlay is centered within the bench, we as a group must ask you to follow a few simple rules in order to keep the letters symmetrical....

#1: If you end up with any more BEAUTIFUL grandchildren, they MUST come as twins! That way one name can go on each side to continue to name link.

#2: You MUST make sure that the link of their names does not get broken. That means one twin's name must end with 'E' and the other's name must start with 'C'.

Simple, no?! :-)

ps: LOVE the yard.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 10:19

LOL @ amateur!

I think that is so helpful, the way the benchmaker has made it so easy to choose names for future grandkids. He has set a benchMARK for generations to come.

Brenda

o

"benchMARK", LOL!!!

No problem, Mark. I'll just ship the bench back to you with the name of each new grandchild. Then you do the lettering and ship the bench back to me! Is that a deal?
I guess I should start telling Eric, Annjolee and Elesia about their new Uncle Mark! ;o

o

i initially panicked b/c i didn't see pics :)

very nice- yard and bench! i just love the warm tone, also.

o

"Then you do the lettering and ship the bench back to me! Is that a deal?

It's a deal!

Uncle Mark! I like it... :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here