Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandmapoo

I am officially cubed

grandmapoo
17 years ago

Elesia Mae was born on May 25th. She weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 19 1/2 in. long. My son is home on leave and I am so happy to have my family together here in my home. As I've said, I am busy busy; especially since the arrival of the new baby.

Comments (21)

• hnladue
    17 years ago

Yea!!! Congrats Grandma-x-3!!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

have a cigar!

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Congratulations about it all, Poo Cubed! :-)

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks.
    Fairy, I normally don't smoke, but that's a great suggestion!...*!@COUGH!!@...I'd give...(hold on, just a second)...*@!COUGH!**... out cigars to you guys, but...!!COUGH!!... I believe this is a smokeless forum...!!!!*SPEWWWWWWWWWWWW*!!!...
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH @!!*!...Does anyone have an old towel handy????!!!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL!! Congrats, lady! I'll still just call you 'Poo, though...or maybe P3D, but that doesn't make sense. :D

Welcome home, Elesia Mae!

Brenda

• bonz
    17 years ago

Awwwww... aren't new grand babies great???
    Congratulations!
    Bonz

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

here's an old towel, poo. i don't plan on dusting for awhile anyway.... :)

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

HHHH UUUU GGGG !!!!
    What a joy! Congrats to you Poopoopoo, and to your family of course!
    I don't know if I can get that ear-to-ear smile off my face now.

Pictures?

:) Mary

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Smiles all around! Congrats to your family, and thank you to your son for what he does for all of us.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Well congrats POO POO2 POO3!

Huey Lewis once proclaimed that it's hip to be square.... but this proves that it's more hip to be cubed! :-)))

Plus dittos to what Sheepco said.

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you everyone! Son has just left to go back. :(
    But, we had a great time. Sunk the old 4W drive bronco in a ~DEEP~ mudhole by the creek. She died, we took on water and we had to call to get towed out! (Thank God we had a phone. I had a premonition before we left and told him to grab the cell phone.) ***UNBELIEVABLE***
    So, there we were, son was sitting on top and I was inside montoring water level, wondering if this old lady could climb on top if necessary! We passed the time changing the lyrics to old songs (another favorite thing we do to goof off) My best and most appropriate was "Stuck in the mudhole with you, drowned to the left of me, soaked to the right, here I am, (everyone sing...)
    Anyway, we are all looking foward to his permanent homecoming in 3 months. :)

Mark, being cubed is hard work!!!
    Thanks again for being such a caring group.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Oh, 'Poo, it sounds like you had a GREAT time, even if the Bronco didn't. LOL

Geez, I'm so glad our family isn't the only one who has fun changing song lyrics! Sometimes, we can get a little raunchy, but mostly, we just laugh a lot. :D

Our prayers will be with your son and your whole family, 'Poo. Bless him for making the sacrifice.

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

What Brenda just said! :-)

Kindest regards to the Poo family,

C3D

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"Mark, being cubed is hard work!!! "

Yeah! Uh-huh! Sounds like you're just spinning your wheels going nowhere. :-)

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Mark, you made me smile for the first time in a day and a half!
    LOL Brenda, we both must have a twisted family! Our minds are also in the gutter (most of the time!) I've had to keep a lot of my lyrics clean during the "innocent" years. Remember the common change of lyric to Bad Moon Rising back in the day "There's a bathroom on the right"? Mommy Poo was teaching her 5 yr old to say "There's some bat poop on the rice". Now Eric is just like us and it's driving his Mom crazy! LOL
    Twisted families rule!!!

Thank you all for cheering me up. :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

"There's some bat poop on the rice".

LMAO!!! That's better than the bathroom one (which I remember, unfortunately :D)! I can't stop laughing at your version!

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brenda, remember Madonna's "Causing a Commotion"?
    My lyrics: "You've got the mousse baby, I've got the lotion. If we knocked together, we'd cause an explosion."

My son was born in 1981. The time when all that goop, cream, gel and lotions came back. I can remember when the commercials were saying, "The wet head is dead". What I don't remember is if that was after the 50's and 60's greasy hair era or after the 80's greasy hair era??? LOL Really tho', it's a wonder there wasn't a chemical reaction (explosion) in the clubs back then! :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

Ohhh, the 80s! That time was a blur to me (kinda like the 60s for my folks...LOL). BUT I very much remember everything Madonna, since she was my idol...her and Duran Duran. LOL And I'm REALLY glad that wet head died! :D

The early 2000s (sounds so long ago) was when I heard my step-son singing along to Uncle Kracker's version of "Drift Away". "Oh, give me the Beach Boys, and free my soul..." I about steered the car into a ditch, because a) Ok, it's hilarious!!!! and b) He knows who the Beach Boys are?? Good lad!

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brenda, the '70's were my era. Ah, the teen years!!! LOL The '80's were so wonderful. It was a time of buying a home & property, having a child and molding the future that I am living now.

We have a version of that song that is NOT nice AT ALL!!! I can't say it all here, but it has something to do with getting lost in a big old hole. LOL
    Oh, to leave that on here and post it, or not. I hope no one is offended. Here goes...
    ***Apologies before hand***

• youreit
    17 years ago

Even though the words didn't appear (I only hope something awful didn't happen after you typed, "***Apologies before hand***"), I think I figured out what you were going to write! Well, at least the part about getting lost in a big ol' hole...and maybe something about a female dog?? LMAO!!

I know there are others, especially dramatic classics with a twist, but I can't stop thinking about that last one!

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brenda, I didn't type all of it. The "here goes" was referring to me posting what I did type. I was having trouble deciding to post even that small snipit. I went back and read it and it did sound confusing. Sorry 'bout that! :(