Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeedeedee

Camp Nappy: Breaking News!

chickadeedeedee
12 years ago

Rani, the German Shepherd, is pregnant! 8-)))

She's due around the middle of next month. WooooHoooo!

Will keep y'all posted.

Comments (21)

• koijoyii
    12 years ago

Congatulations to Rani, and the happy grandparents. Can't wait to see pics of your grandpups. Looks like Spring has sprung at Camp Nappy.

Jenny

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jenny! 8-)

She's at least an octo-mom! Kinda lost track of whos who puppy-wise during the ultrasound after puppy # 8!

Aunt Daisy is being protective of Rani. They all know something's gonna happen! :-)

Enjoy your ultra\-rare sunny day!
  • sheepco
    12 years ago

Oh Congrats! I'm sure they'll be beautiful like their mom! Wish you all a peaceful whelping.

I got to have major puppy cuddles yesterday when a client brought in a litter of goldens for 1st shots, etc. :o)

Happy to hear the swifts are back too!
    I've spent they last 4 days trying to persuade a mama robin not to nest on my new pergola (right over the steps of course). I think she 's moved on to the big cottonwood about 20' away, works for me!

Not to sidetrack your news ChickaD3, but do you have any 1st hand experience with 'Thundershirts'?

S

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi S! :-)

Got a few clients who *LOVE* the Thundershirts! Maybe we should get one for Marcie? She's the only cat I ever knew who was afraid of thunder. Maybe it would adjust her *cattitude* as well?!?!?

Hmmmmm ... How to convince her to wear it without getting torn to shreds though? :-/

Rani has obvious ~puppy belly~ now. 8-)

• annedickinson
    12 years ago

Congrats to Rani!!!! I look forward to the pics. Hmmm, I'll have to look up thundershirts Never heard of them before.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info on Thundershirts. I have a few questions if you don't mind. Our Aunt has a rescue sheltie that isn't trained very well, and scares us all that he will cause her to fall. So the Thundershirt sounds great but as an older lady Auntie keeps the house pretty warm. Is that a problem? How do you size them?

• koijoyii
    12 years ago

Hey C3D:

My son and I were just talking about getting a small dog Thundershirt for our cat, Checotah. When a storm is approaching she hides under the bed or behind the couch. Her breathing is labored and she drools profusely. I have to paper towel the rug dry once the storm is over. We have had so many thunderstorms this spring she has spent more time under the bed and behind the couch than not. It has also affected her eating habits, and we think she is the one that isn't using the litterbox. Do you think a small Thundershirt would fit her?

Jenny

• maryo_nh
    12 years ago

Oh, Chica, what lovely news! Give Rani extra cuddles on behalf of her fan club, please!

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't know how the thundershirts are sized or if it would help a kitty. Prolly need to contact the manufacturer.

We can feel puppies moving inside of Rani's belly! 8-) In 2 weeks we'll take an x-ray and count how many puppies to expect. Maybe need to get a 2nd whelping box too. :-/ 8-)
    She gets LOTS of cuddles but can't ever have too many, ehh?

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awwwwww! Rani has milk! :-)

• koijoyii
    12 years ago

How exciting Chicka. Can't wait to see puppy pics. I remember when my afghan hound had 13. Only 10 survived. I just love puppies and puppy breath. lol

Jenny

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rani had 3 babies on the 19th / 20th of June. Due to her auto-immune *issues* she resorbed the rest of them.

But ... We have 3 beautiful puppies. We're keeping Rani's daughter, Tessie and the other 2 are being given to friends.

Will try to find the time to upload and post pictures one day.

They're gaining about 1/4 pound or more a day! 8-)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    12 years ago

That sounds like a huge weight gain but then it is a long time since I have had dogs with puppies and never a German Shepard. It sounds like things in your house are exciting and exhausting. Congratulations all around!

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! The last 3 nights were the first 3 nights I actually slept through the whole time!

Exhausting? Yes! Soooo much fun? You betcha!!! :-)

• maryo_nh
    12 years ago

congratulations to the new mama as well as the extended family! German Shepherd puppies are the best. I love their huge ears and that surprised look on their baby faces.

cuddles,
    Mary

• annedickinson
    12 years ago

Awww big hugs for Rani and sweet puppy kisses for the pups.

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Very sad to report Rani died Sept. 4th. Looooooong battle with many problems since February. We knew we would not win the battle. On the 4th she said it was OK and time to say good bye. She was only 5 yrs old. :*(

But she had 3 beautiful puppies and we have 2 ... Baron and Tessie. The 3rd puppy was given to friends and we have puppy play dates.

She now plays with the Angels.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    11 years ago

Hey, Chickie. I'm so sorry about the news. It's so difficult to lose our furry friends. They put so much trust in us to do our best for them even when we can't win. I know her puppies will remind you of her and will give you much joy.

I hope you and family are doing well and will post again. you are missed.

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi! We're ok-ish. Thanks. Tessie is sooooo much like her mommy! So Rani is happy playing with the Angels.

• maryo_nh
    11 years ago

hugs from here too, chicka girl. At least you can give the pups a good hug every time you remember Rani.

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. They also get a little soggy from the tears.

Baron goes to the beautiful wooden box that has Rani's cremains every morning and gives it a lick. Good morning Mommy. :*(