Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yeah! My ponds are up and running!!

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 07 at 20:04

Thanks to 3 dear friends toiling in the 90+ degree heat today! While I'm still using a walker, they raised the plants, cleaned the sludge off the bottom, finished setting up my new 60 gallon skippy and hung the marginals on the sides of my 300ga pond. Then drained and cleaned out the 275ga liner pond, placed the plants and set up the 1/2 whiskey barrel skippy for that one! What a pick me up!!

Bless their hearts. It's soooo nice to hear that running water. I don't care about the plants around it right now, I wouldn't ask them for more. But I'm practically delirious...can ya tell?

:) :) :) Sarah

Hope to be weight-bearing Thursday! Yep, "Strap 'er down!"...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yeah! My ponds are up and running!!

That's really really great Sarah! I doubt if straps'll hold ya down, LOL. Everyone at our house said it's so good to hear that sound again. I got so happy to hear it, I just sat out there (or knealt) pulling weeds for two days and didn't even mind. Just loved listening to it and talking to the fishies as they followed me around the pond watching me. I love those wet pets so much! Never thought I'd think fish are cute, but they are!!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 14, 07 at 10:08

That's wonderful, Sarah! Wow, temps in the 90s for you, too!? I thought we were the only ones with unusually hot weather already.

What great friends you have! I hope you don't need to be strapped down, and that you're up and running soon. LOL

Brenda

o

Water's cleared up tonight, hope to toss the fish back in this coming weekend :) Then I can wait out the algae bloom, though getting a late start has given the lilies more time to grow, lol.

Still have to hide the plastic streamlet/falls and clean up the landscaping around it, but that can wait.

Still smilin', Sarah

o

Thats great! What great friends to play in the muck for you .... can you send them over, my lilies need repotted :^)

Take it EASY on that ankle - no marathons for you for awhile.

o

whooo hooooo!

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Tue, May 15, 07 at 18:45

Zipiddy-doo-dah! There will be no stoppin' you.
Glad to hear you are on the mend.
"Horton"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here