Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairy_toadmother

when did that happen?

fairy_toadmother
17 years ago

i am obviously not payng attention... i was scrolling the forums and saw koi ponds. how long has that been there?!

ok, and another thing. i haven't been checking discussions over here lately. i logged in there, then i come to conversations and had to log in again. is that the way it is now, or was it just a quirk?

aye yai yai yai! my world is spinning! and i am not on an up and down horsey! :(

Comments (18)

• sheepco
    17 years ago

I never have to log in, discussions or conversations (from my home 'puter). But I come to the ponds forum through my 'favorites'.

• youreit
    17 years ago

I think the Koi forum has been there a while, FTM, but unless you check that page often, it's easy to miss. I only noticed it because someone mentioned it in the Discussions area. :)

I keep myself logged in here on my computer, so not sure about that glitch about having to relogin. But it doesn't sound "normal".

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Fairy, I have to log in everytime I open up the pond forum, because I have a cookie-deleting thing on my computer. But not when I go to another page on the forum.

PS how's the studying going?

:) Mary

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks all. adn thank you mary for asking! whew, semester almost over. i am not going to know how to act without going to chem lab every day (b/c i dont' have a block of time to do it) then 7 hours in the lab on my day off. thank goodness for two low key courses. gen chem 2 is going to be the death of me if i don't get the hang of acid base equilibriums! next step after that (which i am doing partial work this semester adn the remainder in the summer for chem 2) is organic chem. that will be a challenge just b/c of the drive. my district or another lcoser one doesn't offer the class during my available hours.

one thing to look forward to, i won't be doing another semester of technically full time school and full time work. also, i really only have one test which isn't even a comprehensive final. i actually have two other test in gen chem 1- final and chapter test the same day. BUT, i am auditing that class since i had a grade above c in it already. well, i had to retake the class/audit b/c that was back in 1988 BEFORE THEY HAD COMPUTERS IN THE SCIENCE LAB! that tidbit alone takes up most of my brain cells.

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Fairy! That sounds so impressive! You rock, girl. Not kidding. I have to ask - WHAT degree are you studying for? Chem genius?

And are you almost there?

:) Mary

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

you flatter me mary! actually, these are just the basics- undergrad courses. i spend so much time in the lab b/c i am always screwing up (and doing labs ahead means not everything is set up for you already).

my short term goal is an associate in science, mid term (pun not intended) bachelors, then on from there. i might be finished by the time i reach retirement age!

after 2 semesters of organic chem, i might be done with chem and move on to biology courses (i hope). and, i get to take a semester of physics. funny thing i hve noticed- my college instructors seem to be a lot easier than my high school ones! don't pass that around :)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

Glad to hear you are doing well with your school work. As for the professors, that's funny. The only time I ever aced a physics class was the time my college professor was the same one I had for physics in high school. He always said he was using the same material but I don't think I believed him. Glad I didn't throw my notes away.
    I am the only one in my family to be a non-teacher. All of my sisters have continued to take classes even beyond retirement. Maybe it's addictive. I stopped counting their degrees a long time ago.
    BTW, at the bottom of the login page there is the option of saving the info on your computer so you don't have to log in every time. Sandy

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi sandy! and thanks. i think any physics teacher will be easier than my high school one. dang was she nit picky. and, there were so many homework points combined with changing from a 9 week session to a cumulative semester- you could forget about getting your grade up. all a's on my tests, b in the class. both semesters were that way.
    i can say this, classroom has got my brain working again. although, you can't tell by my diction and typing. :)

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

Toady, it seems easier because, as one of my college professors explained it, learning is like a tree, and the more things you learn, the more "branches" you have upon which to attach new pieces of information. So even if what you're learning is more in-depth, more technical or sophisticated than what you learned on the same subject in the past, you already have many "branches" upon which to grow all those new twigs and leaves.

Makes sense to me.

Best of luck with your continuing education!
    Jeff

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

wellnow, jeff, that sounds veryyyyy good. if only my brain didn't require so much pruning of dead branches in the last 18 years.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

Can someone tell me when K started coming after L?

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

maybe when reading the alphabet backwards?? :)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

If you check the forum listings, the Koi forum is listed AFTER Louisiana. Wonder when someone from ivillage will notice.

• ademink
    17 years ago

hahaha NEVER. They're too busy w/ their maxipad commercials. Nice to see everyone here! Don't feel badly, FTM, I was completely oblivious to the Koi forum until just about a month ago!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Are you saying they're "absorbed" in their maxi-pad commercials, Andrea? I'm sorry; I couldn't resist!

Brenda

• hnladue
    17 years ago

Brenda, they're just 'stuck on' commercials.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sandy, there is a reason why i am blonde!

no, they are just trying out their "wings."

• ademink
    17 years ago

LMAO - you all are SO wrong...I love it!