Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

Ok....Spring has it's moments....

sheepco
15 years ago

{{gwi:168738}}

Tonight's sunset... About 1 minute too late, but you get the idea :)

Sarah

Comments (16)

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Stunning photo!
    ~SIGH!~

I know whatcha mean by a minute too late. The sky over Lake Erie looked like it was on fire but I didn't have my camera at that moment. A while later that Kodak moment was gone.

Your's IS a Kodak moment! I can't imagine what it looked like moments before that could have been any better. :-)

C with 3Ds

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

...another Spring moment:
    {{gwi:168740}}

My occasional morning commute to work

• youreit
    15 years ago

OOOO, those are SO pretty! I'm jealous! The sun is always WAY too glaring here from spring through summer to get any decent sunset shots. We have to wait for rain. :(

We have great sunrises, though! Wrong season, but here's a fall sunrise in our corner of Cali. :)

{{gwi:168742}}

Brenda

• jeanner
    15 years ago

WOW!! They are all gorgeous shots! I miss seeing sunsets and sunrises - we don't get to see them here because of the hills around us. I did take this picture years ago when we actually got a pretty sky - unfortunately they were tornadic clouds and a half-hour later a tornade touched down 25 miles east of here and did considerable damage.

{{gwi:168744}}

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Lovely photos, all!

Here's ours.... {{gwi:168746}}

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

Mmmmmmmm.........Got to get to that radio tower with bike!

• sheepco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW!!!
    I love how beautiful and different they all are.

My other good spring moment was being able to set my Killian's Red in the last bit of snow bank while I planted the pea pods and radishes this weekend :)

AND, my 1st asparagus spear poked up Sunday! (about 10 days later than normal) Yummy!!

• youreit
    15 years ago

That's a great way of looking at it, Sarah - a personal, and convenient, bottle cooler! LOL

My one and only buckeye bloom is finally starting to open!

{{gwi:168749}}

Check out the stamens on those flowers! And, oh, my, the scent is heavenly!

{{gwi:168751}}

Spring definitely has its moments. :)

Brenda

• sheepco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OH, how nice!!

And here's my 1st Oriole, 'cept he thinks he's a nuthatch!

{{gwi:168754}}

{{gwi:168758}}

(his next move was down the side and he hung there eating suet for a good 3 minutes!)

• youreit
    15 years ago

He is so handsome, Sarah!!! I love it when a plan comes together...or when birds find my yard. :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Here's our old Magnolia tree (50 years +) now covered by a Wisteria vine.
    {{gwi:168761}}

Within this mass of flowers are four nest boxes with House Sparrows and Black-capped Chickadees. :-) This huge blob makes a great cover when Mr. Cooper's Hawk comes to see who's for lunch! {{gwi:168763}}

• bonnieblueyes
    15 years ago

Here was my sunrise just before the leaves popped out on the trees, slight frost on the ground.
    {{gwi:168765}}

Here's a weird orange moon we had "come up" on Easter weekend this year. Kinda spooky :-)
    {{gwi:168768}}
    {{gwi:168769}}
    Here's a lightened version of the same pic.
    {{gwi:168772}}
    This was after it had been up a few minutes already but when it first came up it was huge and large. As it rose up it got smaller. Haven't seen one like it since. We found it really cool! LOL...
    Bonnie

• youreit
    15 years ago

WOW, Chicka, that "Magteria" ("Wisnolia"?) is gorgeous! If I were a bird, that's where I'd live. :) I bet the scent is incredible!

Bonnie, when wildfires burn here, we get the orange moon (and sun) thing. And you're right, it's VERY ominous! I've also seen the sun that color down in S. Cali, where the smog is pretty bad. But to just have a random orange moon is cool, especially around Easter! :)

Brenda

• sheepco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ooooh, more lovely photos! We get those huge orange moon rises once in awhile here - usually in the fall when the air has dust in it from all the harvesting. Gorgeous!

We don't ever get magnolia trees or wisteria vines...I want both!

Happy spring, Sarah

• jeanner
    15 years ago

Wow, love that wisteria in the magnolia tree! I always hear how hard it is to get them to bloom here and yours is magnificent! I'm with Brenda, if I was a bird, that's where I'd want to live!

Nice sunrise but just seeing that frost has me shivering, I don't even want to THINK about that!

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

We don't see Orioles around here until July~ish. He's a chubby one, S.! :-) No Hummers seen until then either when the Mimosas are in bloom.

Nice series of photos, Bonnie. Spooky is right!

The Wisnolia scent *is* amazing! Half the Magnolia has died a natural death. Rather than cut it down or trim it back my Mom wanted some kinda vine to grow over it. She always wanted a Wisteria so that's what we planted in 1999. The plant was 5 years old then. It first bloomed two years later with just a few hints of what was to come.

Now this creation has lovely Magnolia flowers in early spring before the Wisteria sends out its leaves. As the Magnolia flowers fade they are replaced by the Wisteria leaves and shortly afterwards the beautiful flowers. The flowering succession could not be timed any better! We discovered that a pair of Downy WPs have made a home in a natural hole of one of the leaders.

The Wisteria is a monster though. There's vines going across the patio, across the lawn, everywhere if allowed to go unchecked! We've threatened to cut it down many times but see all the birds safely nesting inside. The dense cover of the Wisteria also protects them from rain very well! So well the ground beneath stays dry even after a thunderstorm. We need to water the plants underneath with a hose !

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz