Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottspond

In case you wanted to know.

scottspond
16 years ago

Just in case you were wondering, my wife and I are in the process of purchasing a new mobile home being set on nearly 2.5 acres. There is a lake across the road from us and a natural pond at the back of the property. We signed the papers and picked the colors this past Saturday. No more rent! And I get to dig a big hole.

On a brighter note:

I've always had day dreams of being recognised for something that I have done. That day dream might just come true. I got an email today from a garden editor for a local magazine. They want to do an interveiw with me. I was giddy after reading this. I just couldn't beleive it. I will try to contact them tomorrow after work and see how soon they want to do it. I've got a lot of work to do in the yard before they can come here. The ponds are a mess and there are unfinished woodworking projects all over the place. This couldn't have happened at a worst time but again, it couldn't have happened at a better time. I was getting a bit down about the club and now the club has paid off.

I may be a local celebrity now.

Happy ponding,

Scott

Comments (14)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Wow, congrats to you, Scott, on both the property AND the interview! Finally, your dreams are coming true! I am just so happy for you and your wife!

I can't wait to see pics of your new pond(s)! No rush or anything. *foot tapping* LOL

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    16 years ago

That's exciting, Scott! It's great when dreams become reality. In case you really meant what you said, "I just couldn't beleive it."
    Here's a big old *****PINCH***** :)

• jeanner
    16 years ago

Thats great news! Things always have a way of working out and as hard as you have worked to make them happen, you deserve it.

I hope that Ohio company is treating you right ...

• sockmonkeyz6
    16 years ago

Ooooh! Great news! I got excited just from how excited you sound. Congratulations Scott!
    Debbie

• hnladue
    16 years ago

Great news Scott!! When can we come down to visit!! I'll bring a shovel!

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

Scott old buddy old pal! Finally! Yyyyyeeeeaaaayyyy!

Well deserved, too. And it sounds like it was worth the wait! 2 1/2 acres! You lucky guy!

:) Mary

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

DANG! 2.5 acres??? Ba$tard! :-)))

• scottspond
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Semper, may I add, 2.5 acres in Florida with a natural pond and lots of native aquatic plants including water lilies. :o)

Happy ponding,
    Scott

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL @ Fi guy!

Holy perfect properties, Pondman! I really wasn't paying attention to the details of your first post. Bring on the pics! And I hope you put some pics of Frances in there, too! I need my Frances fix. :D

Brenda

• kirap
    15 years ago

Its just too bad that Scott Maddox aka Pondman likes to stalk memebers and post personal info and "desires" and pics of them. He just got his hands slapped over doing this and its a miracle his wife is not yet notificed of his deeds. Odds are though its going to happen. Proceed with caution when dealing with Scott. Checkout the NewtTcity forum or GemStone forum for proof as to what our Scott actually is and what his real desires are and its not plants or ponds.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to B&*ch Slap....................

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

"Its just too bad that Scott Maddox aka Pondman likes to stalk memebers and post personal info and "desires" and pics of them. He just got his hands slapped over doing this and its a miracle his wife is not yet notificed of his deeds. Odds are though its going to happen. Proceed with caution when dealing with Scott. Checkout the NewtTcity forum or GemStone forum for proof as to what our Scott actually is and what his real desires are and its not plants or ponds."

Kirap.... your username fits. Sounds like you are full of it.

Sounds like we have another bored Horton with nothing better to do. ;-)

• maryo_nh
    15 years ago

Semper, you're too funny. It took me at a couple of minutes to figure out what you were talking about!

Heehee.

:) Mary

• sleeplessinftwayne
    15 years ago

Sure doesn't sound like our Scott. Why's she posting on a forum "for adults with an open mind" if she isn't of an open mind? Sandy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    15 years ago

I am a member and mod at NewtCity. I'm not sure who kirap is, but I can point you to the posts in question. It's really not crap.

http://www.newtcity.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=15093.0

Here is a link that might be useful: Post at Newt City

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm