Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Temporary email outage

Posted by jeanner SW Ohio - Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 07 at 22:01

My host provider is experiencing "difficulties" so my email has been getting rejected for the last couple of days and they are saying another 24 before it is fixed (and I'll believe that when I see it!). Have they not heard of testing before they make a production change!!! I'd be fired if it took me three days to get a production system back online. Geez. And don't even get me started on HughesNet. Don't these people know that I go into re-drawal after 24 hours without internet access and email - so sad but true.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Temporary email outage

How dare they! I think we oughta all bombard them with complaints till they fix jeanner's email! Make them pay for therapy for her withdrawal too! humph!

o

I was wondering why I got an email back from your server.

o

That explains why I got no response when I offered all that plastic strapping and scrubber pads from my biofilter. (They went out with the trash today. I figured you didn't want them anyway.) I hope all works out sooner rather than later. I admire your restraint -- I'd have been bleeding out the ears by now.

o

"And don't even get me started on HughesNet."

Thought you mentioned a while back that DSL was now available in your area. Get on wit' it woman!

o

Sockmonkey, I'm glad you interpreting that re-drawal as withdrawal - I'm so mad I can't even type straight!

Zinniachick, actually I did reply but it is stuck in my outbox. Thanks for the offer, I think I'm good on the filter media. I had to restrain myself yesterday when I was on live-chat with tech support. Unfortunately I just renewed with my host provider for another year.

Semper, it's just not gonna happen. We were told it was available and we signed up, got the modem, software etc but when they went to activate they found it was not avaiable at the sub-station for us. And they said it wouldn't be avaialable anytime soon so I am stuck with HughesNet and they know it.

Aw well, it's really just "small" stuff ....

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, May 11, 07 at 10:20

I was thinking Zinniachick offered up the strapping and scrubber pads to the Internet gods, so I was going to offer up something, too. Whew, what a relief! LOL

One knows the true worth (...worthiness) of something when one has no other options. We don't have DSL here, either, but it didn't take them lying to us to find out. Hope you were fully reimbursed, Jean! If you can answer....:D

Brenda

o
Tattered Remains Found

Jean's summoning her bird minions to exact revenge. Look out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here