Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey y'all! Miss me?

Posted by scottspond (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 08 at 22:38

I noticed that two of you caught me sneaking into the "Discussion" forum. :o) Thing is, I didn't have time to pop in here to say, "hi" to all my friends. I've been really busy since moving into this house and am just now getting around to setting the ponds up the way they are suppose to be. There has been a new section added to the set-up, a 9' round blue plastic stock tank but I also lost my 4x6' trough during the move. It was beyond repair. I plan to rebuild it and also build a 3x5' trough and am working on the 4x10' that I started on before we moved.

I've also added a new turtle since I lost all of the others. It looks like a baby map turtle and was found walking across the porch where my wife use to work. She is still working for the same guy just in a different city.

Speaking of work, the company that I worked for has started downsizing their production department and guess who was one of the first to go? Yep, little ole me but with two weeks of vacation pay, two weeks of severance pay, and six days of regular pay which I got this past Thursday. I'm looking for work but I did sign up for unemployment.

Frances is loving her new yard. Problem is, she is not use to being out for a long time in the heat and has to be made to go in every one in a while. She loves chasing squirrels even though she can't catch them.

Well, it's time for bed. Night all.

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey y'all! Miss me?

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 31, 08 at 9:11

Of COURSE we missed you, Scott! And your "little" dog, too! :D I bet Frances is HUGE now.

Sorry to hear about your work situation. It sounds like you have plenty to keep you occupied until the next one comes along, though. If you get the chance, would love to see pics of Frances, the new turtle, ponds...we're not picky. LOL

Brenda

o

You've had a rough go of it lately but you always seem to come out on top!

And ditto on what Brenda said - pictures please!

o

Hey Scott. We were wondering where you were. :-) Glad to see you again. Sorry about your work. There's something better waiting for you just around the corner.

Yes. Pictures, please, when you have the time.

C3D

o

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Scott

o

Hey there, Scott. I hope the job situation is looking up. It is a frustrating problem. Sandy

o

Scott! Welcome back! Yes, I missed you too.
Having said that, I'll be very busy myself this summer - we bought an old house that needs fixing (for youngest DD and fam to live in). I'm adding the first pics to the "that old house" thread in a few minutes.

Sorry to hear about your job. I'll send good thought up for you to find the perfect job real soon!

:) Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here