Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pondmaninfl

My wife's early birthday present.

pondmaninfl
17 years ago

My wife has a birthday the 28th of this month. She likes rats and has always wanted some for a pet. I heard about Dumbo rats some time back and suggested that she could have rats as long as they were Dumbos. Well, this past monday, she came across an ad online of a woman selling a Dumbo rat. I gave her a call and found out that she had two of them for $5.00 each. She couldn't promise that she could hold them until Saturday. Tuesday, I got home from work, got me a snack and an ice water, and sat down at the computer for a bit. I got up from there and went to get a shower. Just as I get to the point that I couldn't answer the phone, it rang. When I got out of the shower and got dressed, I checked to see if they had left a message. Sure enough, it was the woman with the rats. I thought she was calling to say that the rats had been sold. Nope! She was calling to see if we could meet her and her family somewhere to get the rats.(she lives in a different county) So, my wife and I went and met them and got the two Dumbo rats. They are black and both are males. They are adorable.

My wife is happy with them. Frances thinks that they are squirrels with no hair on their tails. If we don't watch her, she will bark at them and scare them. We plan to get her out of that habit and see if we can train her to treat them like puppies and not like a little stuffed animal.

G'day,

Scott

Comments (6)