Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My wife's early birthday present.

Posted by pondmaninfl z9 FL (My Page) on
Fri, May 19, 06 at 23:06

My wife has a birthday the 28th of this month. She likes rats and has always wanted some for a pet. I heard about Dumbo rats some time back and suggested that she could have rats as long as they were Dumbos. Well, this past monday, she came across an ad online of a woman selling a Dumbo rat. I gave her a call and found out that she had two of them for $5.00 each. She couldn't promise that she could hold them until Saturday. Tuesday, I got home from work, got me a snack and an ice water, and sat down at the computer for a bit. I got up from there and went to get a shower. Just as I get to the point that I couldn't answer the phone, it rang. When I got out of the shower and got dressed, I checked to see if they had left a message. Sure enough, it was the woman with the rats. I thought she was calling to say that the rats had been sold. Nope! She was calling to see if we could meet her and her family somewhere to get the rats.(she lives in a different county) So, my wife and I went and met them and got the two Dumbo rats. They are black and both are males. They are adorable.

My wife is happy with them. Frances thinks that they are squirrels with no hair on their tails. If we don't watch her, she will bark at them and scare them. We plan to get her out of that habit and see if we can train her to treat them like puppies and not like a little stuffed animal.

G'day,
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My wife's early birthday present.

you are such a sweetheart, scott! (i plead the fifth if you repeat this, lol). not many people would accept rats for pets. as a matter of fact, i used to want one when i was little. dumbos are adorable.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sun, May 21, 06 at 13:07

I remember the Dumbo posts on here, and they truly are adorable, even for those who don't care for the "average" rat! :D I would LOVE to see pics, Scott. What are their names?

Since I know I'll forget, let your wife know that we're sending birthday wishes her way! :)

Brenda

o

I want pics of Mumbo and Numbo, the two MALE, cohabitating rats (I THOUGHT they had LAWS against stuff like that in Florida :-P, riding on Frances' back, just as soon as you can find the proper tranquilizer to get her to acquiesce to such a request :)

Happy Birthday to Sarah!
Jeff

o

Well, I had to install the camera software back on my computer since I didn't do after changing the hard drive but I got er done.

Here are the cuteys.

The pictures aren't the best but better than the third pic which I wish had came out clear. It was of them peaking out from under one of the pillows.

Oh, their names are Lilo and Scratch.

G'day,
Scott

o

aaaaaaa! i just love those ears! thanks, scott :)

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, May 26, 06 at 12:37

Awww!! Those ears really do make them so adorable. Love the names, too. Much better than Frik and Frak.

Be careful when cuddling them at night, Scott. One involuntary muscle spasm, and the Dumbos will fly! :D

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here