jeanner, or, interesting bird.

Posted by fairy_toadmother z5 ncentral il (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 11, 06 at 6:12

did you see this post? very cool.

Here is a link that might be useful: wildlife forum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jeanner, or, interesting bird.

I've heard of that, I believe it's called leuristic? I've seen pictures of leuristic birds but never in person. Unless you count a chickadee with a tail that is half white and half gray!

Had an albino squirrel (actually not a true albino as his eyes were black). Only saw him for one summer though - I would guess their survival rate in the wild is pretty low as he sure stuck out.

Oh and I had an orange purple finch last fall. Not rare but uncommon. No one is sure why they are sometimes orange, mine looked like an immature male. Maybe next year he will return so I can verify that.

Thanks for the link, I haven't been keeping up with any other forums, just too busy.

o

you're welcome, jeanner! the closest thing i have came to seeing anything in the bird world was an extremely light colored, but not, albino red tailed hawk. that phase is even listed in my guide.

o

It reminds me of a seagull.
We had a squirrel with a white tail. :) Sandy

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 12, 06 at 12:38

I was going to say that, too, Sandy! It also reminds me of a very strange jay, especially looking at him from the back.

I haven't seen anything all, or part, albino yet. I guess for the sake of the animal, I won't wish that I do. :D

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here