Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paging C3D

Posted by koijoyii NE Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 8:15

Hi Chicka:
Wondering if you know anyone in our area that treats koi. My ogon butterfly is egg bound. I have lots of fry in the pond, but didn't see her for a few days. Thought she may be just resting after the males chased her continually for almost a week. I was also afraid the heron might have got her because my water is so green. (It made several circles of my pond the other night) She came up this morning to eat and appears to be egg bound. Her scales aren't sticking up so I don't think it's dropsy, but she is huge on the left side. She is still eating but doesn't appear to be herself. She can't swim straight with her side all swollen. The nearest koi vet I can find is in Lewis Center, OH right on the outskirts of Columbus.

I called several local veterinarians with no luck, I am in the process of calling pet stores now to see if they can recommend anyone.

Please e-mail me if you know anyone closer. Thanks in advance.

Jenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paging C3D

Is that Maria Gardens, on Rt. 82 in Columbia Station, the place with koi? They might be able to help.

Give Northview Animal Clinic a call. 440 327-8282 and see if they tx. koi. They treat about everything under the sun.

Call the Cleveland Zoo and ask if you can speak to one of their vets. I *think* Dr. Lewendowski is still there. He's VERY nice and has answered countless questions about hedgehogs, alligators ... everything for me.

Sorry that I don't know enough about koi myself to help you. :(

o

Thanks Chicka:

Will try all of them. I called the zoo yesterday, but they didn't return my call. Now that I have a name I may be more successful.

Will keep you posted.

Jenny

o

Sorry ... It's WATER GARDENS not Maria Gardens on Rt. 82. They are between Boone Rd. and West River in Columbia Station.

Will try to run down a KOI-Vet tonight too. :-)

Awwwwwww....... !!!! Our Ogon was eaten by a raccoon two years ago. :*(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here