Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

What is in the pond? (This is gross....)

ademink
17 years ago

Ok, even though this is technically a pond thread, I don't dare put it on the "real" forum. rotflol

Yesterday I was gardening..imagine that...and I glanced over at the marginal area that has the "bird bathing" station. I saw this weird brown puffy fungus looking stuff there...kind of reddish brown like that slime mold you find on mulch.

Since I recently mulched, I thought perhaps some spores liked that area and had hatched or something. I went over and was poking it w/ my finger and trying to figure out if I should take it out or what.

So I'm poke poke poking and then I about passed out b/c the most NASTY smell in the world drifted up..........and dare I say FAMILIAR smell????? LOL IT WAS CAT POOP!!!!!!!!! Kitty Boy or some other stray CRAPPED in the marginal area...I'm talking floating puddle o' doodoo and I'm sitting there poking it. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I about puked...it was SO gross. So then how to get it out w/o it distributing out in the pond (it was floating, people). So I got a tupperware (don't worry, I won't be bringing over meals to share w/ you anytime soon lol) and used the lid to kinda scoop it in there, pushed the lid on and went and sterilized my hands.

Have you ever heard of such a thing????

Comments (14)

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

LOL!!! I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing, but you made my day!!! OMG, now to catch my breath.........
    This is the very reason I visit over here! :)

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

AAAkkkkkkk! I bet the cat (probably Kitty Boy) was snickering hiding in all those beautiful plants watching you. He probably heard you talking about rehoming him! LOL
    Debbie

• youreit
    17 years ago

LMAO!!!! @ Andrea & Debbie (& WITH 'Poo)

Ok, I've never had that poop experience, but I HAVE witnessed my cat snickering at me from the bushes. Probably because she thinks it's funny that I can't lick myself or whatever.

I usually don't poke things that I'm unsure of (maybe it's something ingrained in me since childhood or possibly it's something to do with DNA)....wait, I don't poke things with my fingers. Just wanted to clarify that.

I think the orphan Master Gardener might have been fertilizing the lilies, but that's the optomist in me. :D

Brenda

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG, that just made me scream w/ laughter...the fingers thing.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

LOL!!!!

Haven't had that in my pond (yet), unless it was a "sinker".
    :-)

3DChick

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

i am paralyzed! a quadrafanaticallaughicus!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Nahhhhh! Don't be a glass half empty gal. It could've been worse.

"Hmmmmm.... what the heck is this??? It looks like poop. It feels like poop. It tastes like...."

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Don't let Bill Murray near your pond!

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

I'd rather have what Bill Murray threw in the pool that what Andrea found!! Shoot! I was just gonna have a Baby Ruth for a snack too!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

ewwwwwwwww, had to come back and i am still laughing! thing is, i can see myself doing that. ah, where IS jeff corwin when you need him?

• youreit
    17 years ago

I'm just glad I'm not near the pond now. But I better do laundry. *stomach hurting from laughter*

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

MaryOH could place her little yellow cards around the crime scene to apply for her CSI stint!

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

I'll have to stop the tears rolling down my cheeks first. A sinker. Heeheeheehee.
    Good thing I just finished off the chocolate.

We have of course in the far past had the unavoidable incident in the bathtub when there were more than one not quite potty trained earthlets in it. And the attending grown-up did her very best to stop the earthlets from poking.

And what did I do with this gorgeous Friday? Remove the POKEweed from all the borders...

:) Mary

*I think I woke up DH laughing so hard*

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

skip, skip...skip to the loo!