Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birdwatching can lead to alot of work!!

Posted by catherinet z5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 10:54

Good morning!
I went out on the deck this morning with my orange juice and my binoculars. It is so dry and cool. Its beautiful. After watering the yard for 2 hours (sort of in a drought??), I came back into the kitchen, set my binocs on the counter, turned around and heard a crash on the floor. What was it???? A big new, unopened glass bottle of olive oil!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Oh well. At least I had just bought a cheap 3-pack of paper towels for just this kind of mess! I thought it would take me all day to get that oily stuff up.....but it wasn't bad. I kept apologizing to the tree I was using to clean it up!
Only took about a half hour. We'll see if I got it all. I may be writing later about a broken arm or something. So be careful watching those birds! hahahaha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdwatching can lead to alot of work!!

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 11:23

LOL Oh, Catherine, what a mess! You could carefully try it out first by wearing only socks and a big shirt (ala Tom Cruise in Risky Business) and cranking up Bob Seger. But make sure SOMEone has a camera, because that would be classic! LOL

Seriously, be careful! :)

Brenda

o

Oh! LOL, I can picture that!!

I'll have to get up at 4 am if I want 2 hours of birdwatching/day....lucky you!! Hope you saw some chickies!

o

Oooops! I can just imagine what a mess that would be. And I thought making suet was messy.

But the real question is - did you take the camera too?

o

Sarah.......I had to water the yard for 2 hours, not birdwatch! Would have preferred just birdwatching though!
We're sort of almost in a drought here.....how about you?
Jeanner.......No, didn't have the camera out. I've discovered the problem I'm having now is with my dial-up. It takes about an hour to upload a picture to photobucket! Can you believe that?

o

Cath, I CAN understand that - when I finally got DSL a couple months ago I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Yes, before that it could certainly take an hour to upload 1 photo, and if you wanted to do 4 you had to go to bed and hope the sucker didn't time-out at 3am!

We had a very dry fall, winter and early spring, but have recently had several good rains that while not replensihing the earth here have at least kept us from losing even more soil moisture. So yes, it's dry, but for the moment not critical. Let us please pray for rain---selectively that is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here