Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stuff on TV

Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 11:04

So many times, I'll see something on TV and be reminded of my friends here on the Ponds forum.

There's a show on Animal Planet called Creature Comforts, and it's one of the funniest shows I've seen in a LONG time! For those who haven't seen it, they've taken recordings of people on different subjects and matched up their voices with animated creatures. VERY funny, and I always think of the animal lovers on this site. :D

And yesterday during the NASCAR race, I saw a hilarious commercial featuring Carl Edwards! They were trying to find out the secret of his inner peace. They noted he had a koi pond installed in his car, as well as the Karate Kid in pit row sending him peaceful thoughts (among other hilarious stuff). I was laughing so hard, I didn't even notice what the commercial was selling! LOL

Brenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stuff on TV

That was *the best* commercial, wasn't it? Carl needed a koi change. Very pretty micro pond. Wonder if they do the back-flips too?

I dunno what the commercial was about either. We tape the races every week so we can actually watch them some time without interruption later.

o

Sometimes I do miss watching TV - we only have one TV that is hooked to the antennae and we can't find the remote for it!

Are you all ready for the switch over to digital? I guess we need to do something about that, it would be nice to have a TV that worked - assuming we can find the remote!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 9:13

LOL @ back flips! Yeah, that koi change was the BEST!

We're ready for the switch, Jean...well, we have satellite, anyway, so we're covered. I think if the remote was lost here, there would be bloodshed. LOL You should see it around here when the electricity goes out. It's like someone died. Me, I'll take books or logic puzzles over TV any day. :D

Brenda

o

Should I send a screwdriver or a wrench? Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here