Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Losing things other than my mind.

sleeplessinftwayne
17 years ago

I lost my TENS. I can't believe I could lose something like that. It is rare that I lose or misplace something even after not using it for a year so I am really bummed out. What is the worst or most unusual thing you have lost? Maybe your loss will help me find my sense of humor. Sandy

Comments (21)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Oh Sandy ! I hope you find your TENS! That is great thing to have.

I don't know how many times I have misplaced my credit cards. I usually only carry two with me but still ... there is that horrible panic when one of them isn't in the purse, or in my slacks, or in my jacket, or by the computer... So far I have always found them within three days but it is stressful!

BTW... Lost my mind a looooooooooooong time ago! :-)

C3D

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

As I got older, I did lose something very important and deer to me... but heck if I can remember what it was!

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Sandy, you doing okay up there? Hope this doesn't mean you are in alot of pain.

I lost a contact once and found it 6 months later. I was quite thrilled as I had been going around with just one for all that time.

My BIL was on a camping trip and after they packed the car to leave they couldn't find the car keys. They spent the entire day looking all around the camp site, tore everything out of the car and went through everything. By dark they decided to set up camp again and call a locksmith in the morning. Then they found the keys dangling in the lock of the trunk.

I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds though :^)

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

I lost the bathroom rug. How can this happen? It's not like I take it anywhere. Laundry room and back to the bathroom. It can't go down the drain. It's just gone. It's been since last summer and it never turned up. The spousal unit does not recognize rugs, would never consider lifting one from the floor, so it has to have been me who misplaced it.

It's just the darndest thing.

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Well.

Of course these things come in threes.

I. First - about a month ago? - I was called by the credit card company that someone was charging on my card, but I hadn't lost it or anything - I had it in my wallet - so they cancelled it and I had to wait for the new one.

II. Then obviously I needed my ATM card to get cash, because I didn't have a credit card to buy anything with! God forbid. (I only use one card). First I deposited a check in the ATM machine, but I 'm paperwork impaired, so I took 46 seconds to fill out the envelope, and therefore it ate my card.

I had to go with one of my children to her ATM and borrow money... how backwards is that...

So when my new credit card came, I signed it and, paranoidly, wrote "ask for ID" on it. And, naturally, the first time I used it, the lady asked for my ID.

III. And I didn't have my driver's license in my wallet.

DH found it in my lunchbox a week later.

These moments are when I really think I'm losing my mind.

:) Mary

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"I lost the bathroom rug. How can this happen?"

Ma'am, can you identify {{gwi:169678}}???

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

zc, i just have to say- hilarious! :)
    mary, are we related?

first of all, i have lost a lot of things, including the memory of same. there is one thing that remains, though: i have this habit of putting things in the most "logical" place. i do this, however, after i have already gotten used to where it had been lying around. where is the first place i go to find them? of course, where they have always been. i rarely find stuff after i put them away!

one examply, my tailgate hinges. i took off the tail gate for an "airgate" thinking i would save my gas. i put the hinges "away where i would be sure to find them b/c the place made so much sense." so, a couple years later i decide to revert. i can't find them anywhere. i was ready to go tothe junkyard to buy some. once in awhile my procrastinating pays off...here i am cleaning off the laundry room shelf (where my tailgate was also propped against a wall). i grab the airgate box eventually. hmmmm, this is heavy. *shake* what is in here? even after feeling there was something in there it still didn't click! i had to take them out first. why wouldn't i have looked in the airgate box? yikes.

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

Semper, Der Fishbiter would never attack a defenseless rug. He prefers things that have a little sport in 'em.

• koijoyii
    17 years ago

Bought two bags of frozen meatballs at Aldis. Went to make swedish meatballs a week later. No meatballs. Emptied everything out of the freezer upstairs and downstairs: no meatballs. Maybe I left them in the trunk. If I did wouldn't they be smelling already? No meatballs in the trunk. I was charged for them on the receipt so I know I bought them. Couldn't have left them in the buggy, cause I had to return the buggy to get my quarter back. Needless to say we didn't have swedish meatballs for dinner that week. I'm so afraid I'm going to find them somewhere. Pretty sure they would be smelling by now though.

Guess you can say I'm meatball challenged.

Jenny

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOVE the experiences shared so far! (Thanks so much for posting that pic of ZC's puppy, too, Fi guy! He is SO handsome!)

Yesterday, when I first read Sandy's post, I thought I could come up with something really good. But I really did forget. "I can't remember what I forgot." How much more of a dork can I be?!

Sandy, I hope you're doing ok, lady.

Brenda

• bonz
    17 years ago

I have recently lost my sense of "figuring things out" 'cause I can't figure out what Sandy lost!?!?!

• bosque
    17 years ago

I'm was thinking the same thing bonz, but I still enjoyed reading all the follow-up posts.

NOW, down to business, WHAT ARE TENS?

• mamabear_on
    17 years ago

Well, for Christmas last year I bought my husband some Planters peanuts for his stocking and I had to hide them in a really good spot beacuse these are his favourite and I didn't what him to find them......well guess what I am still looking for them and he didn't get any for Christmas.

Now the standing joke is our house when you can't find something is that it's " gone with the peanuts".....have absolutly no clue where I put them and I have turned the house upside down looking. I have a sneaky suspicion that my Hubby found them and ate them and is playing with me, and YES, this is something that he would do.

One day the Peanuts will reappear.

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Couldn't find a jug of milk once...found it in the cabinet!
    I just slapped my hand over my mouth and stood there wondering what had come over me at that moment???

I really enjoy reading threads like this.
    Thanks Sandy for losing your TENS, whatever in the --- it is! :)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lol...sorry I didn't explain better. I've been using it for about 8 years and its such a common thing to me I didn't think. The long name for it is Transdermal Electrical Nerve Stimulator. It is a little black box the size of a pack of cigarettes that literally shocks me. The idea is to stimulate the nerves in such a way that pain signals are blocked out. It has a variety of shock patterns and intensity controls because pain is not always the same. I used to hear about athletes and people who needed to exercise using it to build up their muscles or to stop muscle spasms. It's hard to believe the relief when you turn it on.
    Right now I am using a loaner. The physical therapist had some the salesman left behind as samples. Sandy

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Oh Sandy, I'm sorry you're in such pain, but glad you have a loaner. My b-i-l uses one as well. He had polio as a child. Nerve pain is the worst. I injured my leg and sciatic nerve 2 yrs ago and still have numbness and strange sensations. Only then, did I realize the kind of pain my b-i-l lives with every day of his life.
    I hope you get better soon. ((((HUGS))))

• sheepco
    17 years ago

ZC, that handsome hound DOES look like he got away with the bathroom rug! How could you not suspect that face?
    (thanks for sharing semper)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

sandy! i thought you meant 10 dollar bills. well, hopefully our silliness will be good medicine. so sorry you are in so much pain. :(

hey poo, been there, done that! and, we will never know how the pieces of dry cat food got in our freezer when i was a teen. my gram was sure my sister was trying to drive her crazy. i was probably sleep walking. hmmmm, maybe thta is how some of the cheese was gone last week...

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Sandy, **good thoughts coming your way**

Now, those meatballs remind me... if only I had emptied the freezer last year when I lost my wallet... but noooooo, silly me, and I ended up cancelling DH's credit card as well as my own, and he was traveling in the Far East... I just don't know why those hotels gave him a hard time?

That's why I only have one credit card now. He strictly keeps his separate from mine.

Yes, Fairy, I do believe you're my secret twin!

:) Mary

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"Der Fishbiter would never attack a defenseless rug. He prefers things that have a little sport in 'em."

Yez, I knows it! Der Fishbiter with da poker face used da rug to hide da evidence!!! Haven't you watched any of those detective shows on Discovery??? The perpetrator always uses a rug/carpet to get rid of the body.

Jenny, your story reminds me of my better half's sly doberman when I first met her. One night we decided to order pizza and watch a flick. We were in the kitchen and Max was standing at attention next the the table while she was dishing out the pizza while we were talking. She puts a slice on one plate, turns around to put another slice on the second plate. She then goes to pick up the first plate and there's absolutely NO sign of a pizza. Not even a crum to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that a slice had ever resided on it. Max still sitting at complete attention.... not licking his chops or anything that could have given him away....so much so that we started doubting ourselves. Did we really put a big slice of pizza on that dish??? Can a dog really scarf up a whole slice of pizza in less than 5 seconds without making a sound while we're standing 2 feet away??? Are we losing our minds???

Putting the slices back in the box to reconstruct the pizza to its original format quickly answered all of our questions: Yes, yes, and a definite yes!

• koijoyii
    17 years ago

Semper:

I know that look. Big brown eyes, innocent face. When my son worked at Taco Bell he used to bring me home Burritos. My dog (Kuvasz, God rest his soul) loved Taco Bell especially tacos. Since I was sleeping when my son came home from work he placed the burrito in the center of the dining room table. Both my dogs were trained to eat only if given permission. I have left steak on the counter and they wouldn't touch it. Woke up the next morning and my son asked me how I liked the burrito. I asked him what burrito. He said the burrito I put on the dining room table. In the middle of the living room floor was the flat (like new) burrito wrapper, but no burrito. Grieco looked at us with "that look" and let out a big burp. How he opened it without tearing the wrapper we'll never know.

Jenny