Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diggery_gw

Where, oh where, IS everyone?

diggery
11 years ago

It's quarter past ponding season already...

Comments (9)

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    11 years ago

Have we lost all of June?

• diggery
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lol. Should have said in *some* parts of the world. Usually see more return by this time, at least posting pics from the end of last season. Or maybe I'm just antsy since we had such an early spring here this year.

happy ponding,

~digger

• annedickinson
    11 years ago

I'm here!!!!

• diggery
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Anne. I trust your fishes have taken up residence in their summer home by now & all your plants are in the ground. Watch out for those ticks!

blessings,
    ~digger

• annedickinson
    11 years ago

No.. sad to say I haven't driven the 25 miles to go get any of my "old" fish. I have just the one that I couldn't find last fall. Might be cheaper to go to the local pond store and buy a couple of new ones.

Many plants are still in pots, but I have this week off so I've been extremely busy hacking out the over-whelming bittersweet, sumac, grape vines, raspberry bushes and assorted weeds to make room for the plants.

The weather has been so beautiful this week. We have the pool open (last year it was not open) so it is so much fun to work on the weeds, jump in the pool to cool off, then get back to work. LOVE IT!!!! Then I make a martini and go sit by the pond and feed my one lonely fish. I can get so lost in time just sitting there. It's not big, but it provides whatever my soul needs to re-charge.

Only found one tick today and that was still mobile, so I brushed it off and got out of the area. I'll check carefully tonight to make sure none have anchored themselves to my cushy body!!! hahahaha they have plenty of space to do that.

I will hate to see vacation come to an end on Monday. I am "practicing for retirement"!!!!

• chickadeedeedee
    11 years ago

Celery boy and I are still.here. Too many things going on. 99% not good but we hang in there as best we can. Baby koi are now huge ... lhere and in Tennessee!

Took care of a squirrel that was hit by a car and a baby robin and a baby sparrow. Sigh
    ....(

• sleeplessinftwayne
    11 years ago

I hope the 99% is an exaggeration, Chickie. Best wishes your way.

We have the responsibility of a new cat, totally feral at this point. She showed up this spring and we thought she matched up to a lost cat on the other side of town. Right breed, size and sex, wrong eye color. Now we are stuck. Lots of money for food since 4 owned cats in the area and a possum insist on sharing her dish. A hundred bucks for a shelter for the winter that she is ignoring so far. Our own cat that adopted us several years ago(the one that went through the dryer) is totally hostile to the competition. Loads of fun. Any advice??

• chickadeedeedee
    11 years ago

Hi! Have you tried the Feliway spray? It is a pheramone that seems to calm kitties. I spray it on myself before trying to encounter nervous cats. Works well!

The 99% ... Sadly that is true. :-(

• maryo_nh
    11 years ago

Well hello all!
    I've been here, but without posting - had misplaced my password as well as my memory ;). But it came back to me today so I can post! Yeay.
    Most of what's going on is, we're spending the winters with the Los Angeles kids & grandkids, and the rest of the year in NH. We now have 7 grandkids, two new ones this year, so we're plenty busy! The pond is pretty much self-maintaining, still full of beautiful long-tailed goldfish. No other pets. We're looking forward to retirement in, hopefully, 2014, if we can pull it off...