ftm...

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 20:29

How was the vacation? Got pix?

S

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ftm...

So thats where she's been! FTM, come back to us please!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 11:21

And she has a camera and knows how to use it. So no excuses, missy! :D

Brenda

o

lol..yep, i'll put some pics and some video soon. i am still trying to get over whatever throat infection i came down with while i was there.

i love ely, but now i want to live in duluth. on the water side of the bluff! 50-60 degrees there, and i came back to 90 degrees!

o

Oh yeah, Duluth is great! I was just searching cabin rentals for the folks for a weekend....But if you want to live there head a bit farther north - Two Harbors or Grand Marais. Or have you ever been to the Apostle Islands and Bayfield? (WI)

Hope you feel better soon and let us know about your visit with the wolves went.

o

hey there! thanks for the well wishes.

i loved grand marais from what a saw of it. i passed through on my way to ontario.

we had been to bayfield and the apostle island about 5? years ago. very, very nice formations. however, my as yet unrealized dream as it is to head out to isle royale. even better in the company of biologists!

o

Yeah, Isle Royale would be good, never been there. What are you planning to do with the biologists? and is there chocolate and/or wine involved? ;)

Please start a new thread when you get the camera thingie worked out (obviously no help from this front!). Can't wait to see the evidence!

S

o

lol!!!

working my tail off here. i would say working my butt off, but it is all still there. :)

something i have played with for a few hours now:

Here is a link that might be useful: i'm liking' this photobucket!

o

AWESOME FTM!!! What gorgeous creatures! Thanks for sharing!

More please (when you get the time)!

Sarah

o

thanks, sarah! with my odd sense of humor, i actually timed some of the lyrics with specific events...such as ceasar salad :) couldn't help myself. i also thought "trying to survive the social circus" was very appropriate. i never even heard that song before. i think what took my the longest was going through their song options.

i'll admit the majority of pics are Grizzer. i am biased. he was my fave when he was a pup, and this is the first time i have been back since. his sister maya has more black on the end of her tail. sometimes i can't tell them apart any more but that is a give way. grizzers brown on his face and legs is lighter where maya's is more "rich." the two artics, shadow and malik, for me are too much alike to tell. there are differences, but i am not good enough.

my other pics i'll post with captions.

o

OMG, didn't even realize there was sound - I thought it was fantastic without! Now I've got to plug in the speakers! But I can't wait to go thru those pix again!

So cool you could visit again and see adults you knew as pups.

I am enchanted! S

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 21:03

Awww, I couldn't view the flash thing! I even downloaded the update. I'll try again in the morning, because I wanna see, too! :)

Brenda

o

Oh Brenda, you won't be disappointed when you see! WOW!

o

I'm bumping this up so folks can see the video.

o

Love the video. More please when you have time? :)

o

Really REALLY enjoyed the pics, music,and video! Played perfect! Thank you very much for sharing!
Debbie

o

your welcome! things have taken a back seat for awhile. have patience :)

o

Great video FTM! I love those wolves. I didn't know you knew them as pups. They looked like they were shedding. Who threw in the deer? My favorites were the ambush and also the still photos in the water and the two of them on the big rock. Good choice in song - upbeat and funny too.

o

thanks, ct! i didnt' know the arctics as pups, but i was able to do a one week program when grizzer and maya were pups, about 8 weeks old. i would definitely not want a wolf pup for a pet! wow. but i cried when i had to leave b/c i was so attached already.

definitely shedding! good eye. grizzer looks huge on the wolf logs while in his winter coat. so huge, i thought he looked small when i saw him in person (not to say he is small or anything :)

o
i forgot your other question!

about the deer, it was dinner day. locals call when they accidently hit a deer, so the center has a huge freezer full of road kill deer. there is also a beaver trapper who gives the carcasses to the center, only being interested in the fur himself.

anyway, the wolves are coaxed with treats into a holding area( treats already being placed in there, things they don't get often so they are off!). then wolf care staff will take the deer in to the enclosure with a wheelbarrow. once out, the wolves holding area in reopened and it becomes a free for all- whoever gets there first. what i didn't realized is dominance really doesn't have much to do with who eats first. it is who has that piece of meat at the time. possession rules.

the reason the other wolf was not eating, and being dominant male at that, is because he is disturbed by people and crowds he is unfamiliar with. he would eat later.

the ambush- that is maya. she has a very strong predatory instinct!

o

Ahhh, I still can't view the video - but I keep trying! Too bad they have videos blocked at work :^(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here