Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youreit

Define 'ugly'

youreit
16 years ago

LOL Oh, dear. Elwood won the Ugliest Dog 2007 contest, but....what IS ugly? I think he's precious! At the very least, Yoda-licious! LOL

{{gwi:169922}}

Brenda

Comments (12)

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Umm, everyone's entitled to their own opinion :) Let's say Elwood leaves a little something to be desired in the cuteness catagory...or... I think Elwood deserves his award.

(Now Brenda, you can get professional help ya know LOL!!!! Just kidding!!)

• comettose
    16 years ago

A first place ribbon for ugly is well deserved. He is probably great on the inside. He looks like an alien but I do like his mohawk.

• catherinet
    16 years ago

LOLOLOLOL Brenda! "Yoda-licious"......that's hysterical!!
    I agree......he's precious. But then again, you should see me! :)

• youreit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL!!! @ Sarah! Oh, you KNOW I need a home visit from the pros in white coats! :D

I'm not sure what it is about Elwood...the hairs (both of them), the "come-hither" look in his puffy eyes...or that wrinkled, leathery, dry-as-jerky tongue. Actually, I just realized it must be the hairy bottom lip! Dog lips are MY caviar!! LOL

Brenda

• catherinet
    16 years ago

I think poor Elwood needs some Omega 3's or 6's for that poor dry tongue of his. Almost looks more like an accessory and not really his. Poor baby.

• comettose
    16 years ago

Why is his tongue hanging out like that? Does he have teeth? My sister has a very old dog that had surgery that causes it's tongue to slip out the sides of it's mouth but it does not hang out enough to dry out like that.

• jeanner
    16 years ago

But I'm sure he's got a great personality :^)

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

*snigger* Oooo, is he ever precious!

Eh, it's either the hairy bottom lip or that vertical unibrow...

:) Mary

PS Now I'm kind of curious about Elwood's groomer!

• sheepco
    16 years ago

I really liked the shot on TV with the drool hanging out the other side of his 'precious' lips.

LOL mary - groomer, huh?

• comettose
    16 years ago

Some of the runners up, past year winners and of course Elwood. Elwood was a runner up in 2006. I think Squiggy is the ugliest on the link. Chinese crested mixed with Japanese Chin makes for one ugly dog. Elwood has the best mohawk though. It is interesting to read about the dogs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ugly Dog Contest Highlights

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Elwood doesn't have teeth on the left side of his mouth.

Yoda-licious LOL! Do you have a copy of your dictionary that I could purchase? Please!

C3D

• youreit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

As soon as I write it, Chicka, I'll pass out free, signed copies to my ponding friends. :D

Wow, thanks (I think...) for the link, CT! Some of those eyes...I don't think I could gaze into them for very long, for fear of becoming possessed. *gulp* PeeWee Martini will give me nightmares for quite some time. LOL I love some of the names - Poppy (what kind of flower IS that?!), Rascal (oh, yeah, he's a rascal-scascal alright!), Squiggy (he LOOKS like his namesake on Laverne & Shirley!!)...

Besides Elwood, I think I'd really like to cuddle Squiggy. Something about that whole snout area...DEE-licious! LOL

My pug Clyde used to forget to put his tongue back in after using it. As he got older, it got worse. And he didn't have many teeth to get in the way of his cuteness, either. LOL

Brenda