Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

Today the ugly is gone from CRSC...

sheepco
16 years ago

(That's the Chippewa River Sheep Company)

I'M FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Would you all please help me, in spirit, with the ceremonial burning of the 'Darth Vader' boot?

After 3 months and 6 days I got the ok to kick off my old 'friend'. Yes, Murphy's Law (why did I name my pup Murphy?) didn't end but also included an infection and skin graft, blah, blah, blah, still on-going...never mind.

So...picture sitting by a nice little bonfire, the spitting and crackling flames competing with the murmur of the waterfall...softly lit so that the side of the porch flickers and the tree frogs dart from shadow to shadow, a gentle breeze shaking the leaves overhead...

And we say a prayer to the pond gods that NO one else EVER has to wear THE BOOT...and

We chuck the sucker into the flames, pour another glass of wine, and tell big stories as we sacrifice to boot to the nether world!

This weekend I shall plant a tree in honor of the occasion.

Not sure exactly when I'll be able to get my foot wet, ie. hop into the pond to divide plants and such. But at least I don't have to hobble anymore. Thank you all for your kind words and uplifting humor during the recovery from hell. I treasure you all.

Sarah

Comments (14)

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

WoooooooooooHoooooooo!

Congratulations from Camp Nappy! :-)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Burn, boot, burn! I love your descriptive sacrifice! LOL We will hope and pray that you don't have to go through much more of the "on-going" stuff, though. Are you going to have long-lasting, permanent issues?

Brenda

• comettose
    16 years ago

Just don't plant a rubber tree:-)

Glad you have progressed to foot freedom! CT

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL CT! No rubber tree, just 2 Siouxland Poplars and 4 Norway pines that have been patiently waiting in their pots for me to get mobile :)

Brenda, I don't think so. In a couple more weeks I should have real skin on the back of my ankle again. And I have no pain anymore, so it will be just slowly using it again 'til I'm up to full speed :)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

Happy daze again, hmmm?

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

yippeeeeeeeeeeee

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey sleepless, thanks for the advice about the scooters in the grocery store. "Dodge 'em" rates fairly high on the entertainment scale when you don't get out much :0)

And after working with a service dog team and being a temporary gimp myself I have renewed animosity for people that take handicap parking spots when they don't need them. If I ever actually saw a person do it, I wouldn't hesitate to call the police, if nothing else just to embarass them and perhaps educate them.

Oh, I better stop... You don't want to get me started on the hospital charging the insurance company $89.50 for a $2.35 bag of IV fluids.....ah....um.....it's just wrong.... Let's not have a discussion on health care costs ($43,850.00 and counting). Please, another time.

IIII.. just want to....cellll...a..brate!! I never could carry a tune! :)

Thanks all! Sarah

• catherinet
    16 years ago

Congrats Sarah!
    Didn't they make a movie about about your footware.......Das Boot?? hahaha
    Enjoy your freedom!

• youreit
    16 years ago

Oh, Sarah, WHY did you have to bring up the handicap parking topic?! LOL DH and I checked out the spaces in Walmart the other day. All of them were filled (as per usual), while only 2 had placards displayed. The Walmart greeter said they call the cops all the time, but the police rarely show up. NICE!

And the hospital rates....I've asked myself over and over WHY they're allowed to get away with it! Letters to every public servant (yeah, right) that I can find don't help. Doesn't matter who's in office, it stays the same. WHY?!

Ok, I'll stop now. :D Karaoke, Sarah, sing it!!!

Brenda

• jeanner
    16 years ago

No, don't burn it - put a geranium in it!

Recycle, recycle, recycle :^)

• comettose
    16 years ago

YES - I think you should save it - it has become a famous landmark! Now - what to do with it - ideas anyone to add to Jean's suggestion?

• sheepco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A gal at Walmart walked up to me a few weeks ago and said "I've got one of those for the other foot if you want a pair!" That's it...then I'll poke both bottom side up in a snow bank at the end of the driveway this winter so it'll look like the snowplow did me in.

(We're talking the hard plastic, black, up the knee boot here; the one with the REALLY good velcro straps that hold onto every dog hair and alfalfa stem so you gotta pick 'em out with tweezers. No, I'm not posting a photo :)

• youreit
    16 years ago

I LOVE the snow bank idea! LOL

Brenda

• catherinet
    16 years ago

LOL about the snowbank. Great idea.......although you might give someone a heart attack.

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County